Overall this season, who would you pick? Mata or Silva?

+18
Mr Nick09
Lord Awesome
iNFINITY9910
Kick
RealGunner
BarcaLearning
TheRedStag
Ganso
Swanhends
Die Borussen
Tomasso
The Messiah
che
Gil
EarlyPrototype
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
22 posters

Go down

Overall this season, who would you pick? Mata or Silva? Empty Overall this season, who would you pick? Mata or Silva?

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Looking at the season overall, who would you prefer to have if you were building a team? Obviously, I'm biased! Razz

Like to know your thoughts.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Overall this season, who would you pick? Mata or Silva? Empty Re: Overall this season, who would you pick? Mata or Silva?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:38 pm

I think Silva is a better player but Mata is more consistent to me and practically shoulders the creativity burden by himself at Chelsea.

So this season over the whole season its Mata for me.

Also Mata is more direct but has the playmaking skills and i prefer to see direct players.

Which is why i prefer Iniesta over Xavi etc etc.

Both fantastic players but from a consistency stand point and a personal stand point i prefer Mata this season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Overall this season, who would you pick? Mata or Silva? Empty Re: Overall this season, who would you pick? Mata or Silva?

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Silva for me.

Silva indeed has slowed down since the turn of the year, however I really think he has been overused way too much by Mancini. Too many starts and too many 90 minutes and playing him in their formation forces him to chase fullbacks which he doesnt want to do.

But Silva, rested, to me is better and I think he was better at Valencia too by the same degree.

Silva is a better dribbler in tight spaces and has more variety.

Mata's chipped final ball is fantastic though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Up until the first half of the season it would definitely have been Silva. As Mole pointed out Silva is really inconsistent and you don't always know what your gonna get from him.

Normally people use the second half of the season to evaluate a player over an entire season.

Overall Silva was one of the main reasons for City's title push so I'm gonna give it to Silva. Really close though.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Silva impacts the overall game more than Mata does. Mata is the more productive player though.

Silva's ceiling is higher because of his phenomenal close control and dribbling ability but he's extremely inconsistent so he could be a perfect 10 one day then like a 2 the next.

While Mata (at this point in his career anyway) is a constant 6-8 throughout the season.

Silva can dominate the whole game, Mata (so far) can't.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Overall this season, who would you pick? Mata or Silva? Dawson-crying

anyway, silva inconsistent? what did they do to him ffs?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Kroos over both
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomasso Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Mata has been more consistent but his peak hasn't been as high as Silva.
Tomasso
Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:42 pm

silva

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:46 pm

silva, certainly wouldn't cry over having mata instead though
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Mata isnt Silva,hes gold

ba dum tssss
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Ganso wrote:Mata isnt Silva,hes gold

ba dum tssss

BiasedMilanFan3 rubbing off on you
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Silva form did drop a lot but I'd still pick him over Mata.

That doesn't make Mata a scrub by any means.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Silva, by far wtf. And if Silva and Yaya hadnt be missing, I think Man C would still be leading....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Mata for me, This is his first season playing among less talented players than Silva have for Man city but he still produces motm performances and he does it consistently.

Has scored more this season, has assisted more this season. Overall Play equal to Silva if not better

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Mata, he is my favourite player at present.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:57 am

I'm biased.. but i love the way Silva plays..
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:28 am

Obvously, I'd like both of them at my team but if I had to pick one it'd be Mata. He seems to be more complete in my eyes than Silva, overall, though I consider Silva to be the marginally better player out out of the two.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:09 am

Correct me if im wrong but isnt Mata more of a forward than Silva who excels when he plays deeper and sees the pitch? hence the better numbers of Silva in the final theird?

Both have been great this season, Silva reached ridiculous levels in the first half of the season, but cooled off after. Mata adapted to the EPL with a lot of ease tho, and did wonderful for a team he just joined, getting things ticking with little effort.

I would still take Silva tho, the level at which he performed was fantastic.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:12 am

Imagine a 4-3-3 with silva in the mids and mata out wide Shocked

personaly i prefer silva, i think hes a really classy player, although mata has been top class this season and tbh theres not a great deal between them in terms of quality
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:32 am

Does it really Mata?

Both have strengths and weakness's but I'm bias Very Happy
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:32 am

In terms of playing style, I'll say Silva. His approach to the game is so methodical. Plus he's just got that elegance about him in his play.

Mata's more dynamic though and more direct, as Mole said. He's an all-action type player and while those are certainly useful in their own right, I just prefer the subtlety that Silva offers more.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:05 am

Thing is, our David is extremely fatigued AND playing with an ankle injury. After Hart, he has played the most minutes on the team and it is showing.

He works very hard offensively, but defensively as well and his legs need some rest.

This is why Silva's form has dropped.

And to answer your question, Silva is better than Mata technically. I like technical players so I will go for Silva.

This whole Silva is less direct thing is a bit rubbish. It's more to do with City's playing style.

Mancini, the Italian, prefers a more patient approach to the game.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down