+5
BeautifulGame
McLewis
Mr Nick09
OLpower
The BoyWonder
9 posters

Go down

Should PSG be taken seriously now? Empty Should PSG be taken seriously now?

Post by The BoyWonder Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Hearing they are the latest financial superpower in European Football. We all know money can take you to the top faster than u might think. Next season they will probably qualify for CL, so what u think?

The new powerhouse of Europe in making?

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Should PSG be taken seriously now? Empty Re: Should PSG be taken seriously now?

Post by OLpower Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:36 pm

They will have some difficulties:

1) Ligue 1 will not interest the very best

2) They have to qualify for the CL and it's not a given

3) Financial fair play is coming soon

4) PSG is a very hard club to make succeed

For the moment their attractivity has been boosted and they have more money to sign players than before but if players like Alou Diarra turn them down for Marseille it's that they are not really above.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:42 pm

OL, tell me are you happy for PSG and Ligue 1 as a whole that it now got a rich team who possibly in the upcoming season will be France's Champions League contender?

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:43 pm

I think Lyon has shown they can attract talent while being competitive in europe, i expect the same for PSG, we have the potential to bring in the best talents in france.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:46 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote: I think Lyon has shown they can attract talent while being competitive in europe, i expect the same for PSG, we have the potential to bring in the best talents in france.

who are ''we''? are u a PSG supporter?

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:47 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote: I think Lyon has shown they can attract talent while being competitive in europe, i expect the same for PSG, we have the potential to bring in the best talents in france.

who are ''we''? are u a PSG supporter?

yup, have been since im a kid
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:48 pm

I think that we showed exactly the contrary, that we can't bring top talent to ligue 1. It's even the contrary, all the top talents used us like a stepping stone to a bigger club.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:49 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:OL, tell me are you happy for PSG and Ligue 1 as a whole that it now got a rich team who possibly in the upcoming season will be France's Champions League contender?

I am not happy with Qatar Saint Germain. QSG is becoming a souless club, after the big drop in attendance this season, the end of the life in the stadium and now that.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:54 pm

OLpower wrote:They will have some difficulties:

For the moment their attractivity has been boosted and they have more money to sign players than before but if players like Alou Diarra turn them down for Marseille it's that they are not really above.

1) Ligue 1 is probably not as interisting as say Premier League, Serie A or La Liga, but be paid millions while living in a city like Paris? WHo would turn that down? (not me if i was wc)

2) They finished 4rth this past season, now with new and better players, they will easily end up in the top 3.

3) that's right, but they can still sign some great players before it comes into effect.

4) i assume, you base that on past attempts, but back then they didn't have the financial strength as they have now. It may be hard, but i think they can become a succesfull team, if they take the right descisions.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:55 pm

OLpower wrote:

I think that we showed exactly the contrary, that we can't bring top talent to ligue 1. It's even the contrary, all the top talents used us like a stepping stone to a bigger club.

Many did use Lyon as a stepping stone, but you were also able to attract the best players in France and guys like Lisandro and gourcuff.

Paris is a huge market waiting to happen, a big team in the capital can potentially be even more attractive specially if there is financial backing. I see quality player joining mid level teams in england, they can surely come to paris if wages rise up a little.

There are players, experienced and not necessarily courted by top teams that will be interested i think. Competition from Lyon, Lille and Marseille can make the league that much attractive.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:58 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:
OLpower wrote:They will have some difficulties:

1) Ligue 1 is probably not as interisting as say Premier League, Serie A or La Liga, but be paid millions while living in a city like Paris? WHo would turn that down? (not me if i was wc)

2) They finished 4rth this past season, now with new and better players, they will easily end up in the top 3.

3) that's right, but they can still sign some great players before it comes into effect.

4) i assume, you base that on past attempts, but back then they didn't have the financial strength as they have now. It may be hard, but i think they can become a succesfull team, if they take the right descisions.

1) They will still rather go in Rea, Barcelona, Manchester etc..... Paris will have the left over or the young, like us.

2) They finished fourth, now, with only Gameiro for the moment, can still finish behind us, Marseille and Lille. Nothing is guarenteed. They choked badly last season.

3) Like who?

4) Paris is Paris. A player coming 5 minutes late can always create an eartquake who will split the club in two. This is an image but a crisis in Paris is such an unpredictable event.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:02 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
OLpower wrote:

Many did use Lyon as a stepping stone, but you were also able to attract the best players in France and guys like Lisandro and gourcuff.

Paris is a huge market waiting to happen, a big team in the capital can potentially be even more attractive specially if there is financial backing. I see quality player joining mid level teams in england, they can surely come to paris if wages rise up a little.

There are players, experienced and not necessarily courted by top teams that will be interested i think. Competition from Lyon, Lille and Marseille can make the league that much attractive.

Gourcuff is an epic flop and we got him after a disappointing season at Bordeaux who needed absolutely to sell him. Lisandro was a good pick but very expensive and the bigger clubs were not on him.

Honestly to rivalize with mid level teams of England, no need of Qatar, us and Marseille proved it.

Paris is likely to be stronger and it can make the league most exciting but I don't believe in Paris as a next superpower. Look at Manchester City, they are not even at this point after so much money spent.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Maybe im just enthusiastic, but paris isnt splashing money around like City at least. I look at players like N'Zogbia and they arent on big teams rather, that's the kind of player paris could target, as they are doing with Payet for ex.

I'm not convinced Kombouare will take this team into the direction i envision, i would be surprised otherwise.

Like i said, i really like the potential of paris having a superteam, i think it's fitting for such a huge city in such a huge country. They wont compare to City or Real, but they can surely gather quality players.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Money talks, but PSG still have a lot to prove.

They've done quite well in the last couple of seasons and I really do think they are the French Roma so to speak, but a cash injection will not buy them prestige and a better reputation than what they already have.

That's got to be earned on the pitch.

So I think the OP's question should be answered properly at the end of this upcoming season.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:23 pm

OLpower wrote:
The BoyWonder wrote:OL, tell me are you happy for PSG and Ligue 1 as a whole that it now got a rich team who possibly in the upcoming season will be France's Champions League contender?

I am not happy with Qatar Saint Germain. QSG is becoming a souless club, after the big drop in attendance this season, the end of the life in the stadium and now that.

Isnt PSG the only club in Paris? Surely they must have huge fan base.Why is the attendence suddenly dropping this season?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:26 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
OLpower wrote:

Isnt PSG the only club in Paris? Surely they must have huge fan base.Why is the attendence suddenly dropping this season?

New security plan.

People can't suscribe to seats they choose in the virages so the clubs of supporters are deserting the stadium because they can't go with their friends or their group.

This is becoming a family stadium with dead ambiance.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Who has PSG signed this summer? I keep reading rumors but nothing official
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:36 pm

So far Gameiro, Douchez. A couple more will come in.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Kombouaré and Leproux have been confirmed in their job for the moment by the Qatar guys.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Not until they reach CL.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Never, unless the French league does a Bundesliga.

French players are always playing aboard, unlike their German counterparts. If most of the French players stayed in their league... Afro
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:02 pm

France are getting the push they need now. Give your players more money and they will stay. Win Cups and their fanbase increases. Cause competition, Ligue 1 will be forced to rise.

Monaco need a sugar daddy.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum