Really what's the point in having Newcastle qualify for the Champions' League?

+10
Adit
RedOranje
Great Leader Sprucenuce
bazinga
Dnmac4
Vibe
the xcx
RealGunner
pUsHa
Blue Barrett
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Really what's the point in having Newcastle qualify for the Champions' League? Empty Really what's the point in having Newcastle qualify for the Champions' League?

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:57 pm

They'll end up bottling it big time. I doubt they even make it out of the group stage.

Its not a certainty, as Tottenham(who would probably be worse than Newcastle) and Chelsea could still qualify and Arsenal's spot isn't totally locked, but I can just tell that Newcasle wouldn't do England any good by being in the CL.

They would certainly do themselves loads of good of course(££££) but it really wouldn't help England's UEFA coefficient if they go out early like I think they will.

Its just my opinion though.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Barrettinator on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Really what's the point in having Newcastle qualify for the Champions' League? Empty Re: Really what's the point in having Newcastle qualify for the Champions' League?

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:57 pm

inb4Moleripsmeapart
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Really what's the point in having Newcastle qualify for the Champions' League? Empty Re: Really what's the point in having Newcastle qualify for the Champions' League?

Post by pUsHa Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Look at what the so called best teams in England did this year ... I think Newcastle can certainly do better ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:00 pm

pUsHa wrote:Look at what the so called best teams in England did this year ... I think Newcastle can certainly do better ...
To be honest, it was just an unusual year and a slight blip.I don't know about City but United would certainly do better next year.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:00 pm

if they can spend and get 4-5 players, i won't be that worried.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Players want to go to Newcastle right now ... Cabaye will use his super powers and get them tons of french pussycats behind the best frontline in football ... nothing to be worried about , they are actually investing lol Very Happy
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:05 pm

pUsHa wrote:Players want to go to Newcastle right now ... Cabaye will use his super powers and get them tons of french pussycats behind the best frontline in football ... nothing to be worried about , they are actually investing lol Very Happy
Really what's the point in having Newcastle qualify for the Champions' League? Scared-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-664
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:15 pm

There isint because they offer no competition to UCL, thats why the place should be given to Chelsea imo...Thats not the case here tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Last time they qualified they were relegated I think... :lol!:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Barrettinator wrote:They'll end up bottling it big time. I doubt they even make it out of the group stage.

Its not a certainty, as Tottenham(who would probably be worse than Newcastle) and Chelsea could still qualify and Arsenal's spot isn't totally locked, but I can just tell that Newcasle wouldn't do England any good by being in the CL.

They would certainly do themselves loads of good of course(££££) but it really wouldn't help England's UEFA coefficient if they go out early like I think they will.

Thoughts?

You do know Man U and City didn't get out of there groups, correct? And people were saying very similar things about Spurs when they made it and they did very well.

With that being said I do kind of agree with you as I said if Levante get 4th in La Liga it would be a waste of a spot because teams like Malaga/Atletico have money and ambition and if they were in the CL they could buy better players and it would just speed the process up quite a bit to being an elite team.

With that being said I think Newcastle is in a way better position then Levante and also IMO they have been the best team in Europe on the transfer market over the last 2 years so with the CL behind them they could really put together a very dangerous team.

I mean I think people tend to forget there front line and midfield take a backseat to no one in the EPL and are just as good as any of the "Big 4" whoever they are now. Not to mention there keeper is outstanding and so is Colocinni and Santon IMO.

All they really lack is depth and experience. And I Think with the CL money they would take care of the depth part and with there front office buying players who knows what other gems they will steal.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:33 pm

So people just want the same teams qualifying for the CL season, and when some side comes in and breaks the comfort zone, there's "no point."

Nice, nice logic.

bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:41 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:They'll end up bottling it big time. I doubt they even make it out of the group stage.

Thoughts?

You do know Man U and City didn't get out of there groups, correct? And people were saying very similar things about Spurs when they made it and they did very well.

With that being said I do kind of agree with you as I said if Levante get 4th in La Liga it would be a waste of a spot because teams like Malaga/Atletico have money and ambition and if they were in the CL they could buy better players and it would just speed the process up quite a bit to being an elite team.

With that being said I think Newcastle is in a way better position then Levante and also IMO they have been the best team in Europe on the transfer market over the last 2 years so with the CL behind them they could really put together a very dangerous team.

I mean I think people tend to forget there front line and midfield take a backseat to no one in the EPL and are just as good as any of the "Big 4" whoever they are now. Not to mention there keeper is outstanding and so is Colocinni and Santon IMO.

All they really lack is depth and experience. And I Think with the CL money they would take care of the depth part and with there front office buying players who knows what other gems they will steal.
See my reply above

Spurs faced a washed up Inter side who had key players injured and an underachieving Milan side. They got lucky.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Vibe wrote:Last time they qualified they were relegated I think... :lol!:

Lol fail we finished 5th actually Laughing

Anyway, Man Utd got knocked out in the group stage didnt they? was that not embarassing for you?

Also who says we are finishing 4th theres still 4 games to go, 4 very hard games......

And even if we did should'nt you wait to see who we buy and who we sell before judging?

Also if you dont want us to finish 4th, why dont you do something about it? instead of being 4 points behind us.

This all smacks of a fan who realises he is'nt finishing 4th so he resorts to bitching instead.

If we finish 4th its because we deserved it over 38 games, if you fail to stop us from doing so then thats your own fault......

Also players do want to join us...... the names like Debuchy and Belhanda ring a bell? yh those are types of players we are tracking and both been quoted at some point saying that we are an option.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Some shit went down,can't remember what...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Anyway, Man Utd got knocked out in the group stage didnt they? was that not embarassing for you? After 3 finals in 4 years? No. It was just a blip.

Also who says we are finishing 4th theres still 4 games to go, 4 very hard games...... I clearly mentioned this in my post.

And even if we did should'nt you wait to see who we buy and who we sell before judging? You have a point here.

Also if you dont want us to finish 4th, why dont you do something about it? instead of being 4 points behind us. We can very well still do something about it.

This all smacks of a fan who realises he is'nt finishing 4th so he resorts to bitching instead. Bitching? LOL I could have sworn you would come to this silly conclusion. Can't say I blame you though.

If we finish 4th its because we deserved it over 38 games, if you fail to stop us from doing so then thats your own fault...... I never said you did not deserve to finish 4th from a 38 game performance, did I?

Also players do want to join us...... the names like Debuchy and Belhanda ring a bell? yh those are types of players we are tracking and both been quoted at some point saying that we are an option. Ah! Never knew those were the 'type of players' you were referring to. In that case, fair enough.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:10 pm

If they're the fourth best (or third best) side in the league then they've earned the right to test themselves on the biggest stage. No way of knowing whether they'll perform well or not until they get the chance. Everyone assumed APOEL would "bottle it" as well.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Yeah lets give CL spot to fifth best team in England instead : No
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Newcastle are 1CB and 1 fullback away to have a better first team than Chelsea.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Fair enough, anyway its not like even if we do f*ck it up which iam not denying we wont lol because it wouldnt suprise me nothing ever does with this club.

But i think the whole point behind us qualifying for the CL is more money, becoming a bigger club having the resources to be able to win trophies ( Fa Cup, League Cup or even Europa League if we were to f*ck up as you put it)

Also its not like we need it as country to keep the 4 spots atm, we are not in trouble like Italy for example.

Also Vibe, we sacked Bobby Robson :facepalm: because of a poor start to league season.......

That's probably what you are referring to and we lost to f*ckin Partizan :facepalm:

That year sent his backwards until now, hopefully now is the start of us slowly but surely being around the fight for the top 4 like we use to be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:19 pm

I get your point, Mole. Thing is, I don't trust Fat Mike to make the right investments. He might end up selling Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa and Cabaye at the end of this season and then your lot will have to start all over again. I really don't trust that man.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Newcastle are 1CB and 1 fullback away to have a better first team than Chelsea.
Anybody can have a better first team than us, atm. This is the worst team we've had since 2001.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Barrettinator wrote:I get your point, Mole. Thing is, I don't trust Fat Mike to make the right investments. He might end up selling Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa and Cabaye at the end of this season and then your lot will have to start all over again. I really don't trust that man.

Tbf the only one really sold where we had a choice, was Carroll and who in thier right mind would reject that offer?

Finances are in fantastic shape and we dont need to sell anyone and Pardew came out a few weeks ago said if we qualified for europe we would make around 5 signings for the first team......

Obviously we would sign bigger names although we wont get nuts if we qualified for the CL, i expect us to strengthen regardless.

Another thing i should mention is alot of it matters on the group we are given if we were to qualify.....

If say we get Barca and Milan for example what change would we have of qualifying even with substantial investment?

a ant-sized one maybe?

In any case qualifying for the CL is part of the plan that was set out when Ashley took the club we are 1 or 2 years ahead of schedule but if we keep progressing like this year on year then it was always going to happen eventually.

That's even if we qualify, i maintain this because i still think its highly unlikely.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Newcastle are 1CB and 1 fullback away to have a better first team than Chelsea.
:facepalm:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Your argument is the same as the one someone did recently about the CL being better if Juventus were there. That argument was wrong and this one is aswell. If Newcastle qualify it is because they are good enough.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:12 pm

I for one would be glad to see them in there. If they end up in the CL spot then they deserve to be there
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next