Albiceleste
The Messiah
Mamad
guest7
LeVersacci
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Mezut Özil the best midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Mezut Özil the best midfielder?

Post by Babun Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Id rather watch silvas class. Ozil is good but his poise is not on silvas level
Yeah, Özil's poise is above him eco smile

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is Mezut Özil the best midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Mezut Özil the best midfielder?

Post by Le Samourai Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Silva tries to accelerate the game a bit too much for me.

Ozil plays in slow motion.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Imagine them playing together..

Silva can go wide.

Sexy line up.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Id rather watch silvas class. Ozil is good but his poise is not on silvas level
what has silva has more?

Second year in a row TOP assister of Europe.where was silva at CL? at EPL after december?

What has silva got over Ozil?

A good first touch may be,all other things including final ball,creativity,vision,dribbling,fakes,Intelligence Ozil wins hands down/
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Silva's 1st touch is miles behind.

Hes a better dribbler.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Silva tries to accelerate the game a bit too much for me.

Ozil plays in slow motion.
Laughing
Maybe, Özil's ball control and holdup game is so much superior that he doesn't have to rush his killer passes. Slow? Laughing
What a noob eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:41 pm

I didn't say he's slow , I said he plays in slow motion.

Just like Zidane the game seems to slow down around him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Watching this guy is like listening Mozart.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I didn't say he's slow , I said he plays in slow motion.

Laughing
I don't go around telling stories about things I don't have a clue about eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:49 pm

i have that slow motion feeling too watching him, just like and recently iniesta.. reflects his elegance on the ball in a good way
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:I didn't say he's slow , I said he plays in slow motion.

Laughing
I don't go around telling stories about things I don't have a clue about eco smile

Sure man.

I don't know what exactly you're on about but whatever, go strong.

As for whatever I did to piss you off...I apologise.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Adit wrote:
what has silva has more?

Second year in a row TOP assister of Europe.where was silva at CL? at EPL after december?

What has silva got over Ozil?

A good first touch may be,all other things including final ball,creativity,vision,dribbling,fakes,Intelligence Ozil wins hands down/

Silva is better at dribbling, and is harder to win the ball off him. Ozil is more consistent, but when they are both at their best id rather watch silva
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Attacking mid yes, unless you count wingers in which case Ribery and Robben would probably have something to say. Midfielded overall? No, but hes up there. Schweinsteigers the best midfielder overall in my opinion.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:53 am

Did Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets retire?
Besides if we are only talking of yesterday's game Thiago outperformed him.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 am

alexjanosik wrote:Did Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets retire?
Laughing
Thiago neither assisted nor scored or started a move which lead to a goal. Defensively, Özil with the help of Benzema destroyed normal Farca buildup.
In conclusion, Özil covered in midfield, defence and still managed to assist the winner. There's no way Thiago was better.
Next...

To OP, Özil is the best attacking midfielder out there.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:11 am

Immortal Babun wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Did Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets retire?
Laughing
Thiago neither assisted nor scored or started a move which lead to a goal. Defensively, Özil with the help of Benzema destroyed normal Farca buildup.
In conclusion, Özil covered in midfield, defence and still managed to assist the winner. There's no way Thiago was better.
Next...

To OP, Özil is the best attacking midfielder out there.

Thiago would have an assist if only tello could have finished.Thiago dribbled a couple of players and set up Tello on a plate.
Besides that there were several other times he dribbled and created danger.
And did you say defense.Did you watch Thiago's tackle on Benzema near the end?Thiago had a better game.
Thats beside the whole point.Which is that Ozil is not even remotely close to Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:24 am

Özil isn't a central midfielder to begin with. Biscuit is a DLP like anchorman, Xavi is central midfielder and Iniesta ACM. I wouldn't compare them anyway. The comparison between Thiago and Özil is legit, in my opinion both of them play like AMs.

Özil still tops them all because he does multiple jobs on his own which allows more people to be commited to defence. Özil may be worse in creation/ buildup vs. the Xaviniestabiscuit trio but he creates goals in the end with a deep line of defence/ midfield behind him. I'd take him over all of the players you mentioned bar a top form Iniesta from tactical point of view.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:42 am

Lol, Ozil over Xavi or Iniesta? No way. The system Madrid runs (counter-attack) suits Ozil more definitely. But, i still think Iniesta would do a better job. Thiago in a few years will do well too. You can already see the immense potential he has.

Imagine players like CR, Benzema, Higuain making runs for either Xavi or Iniesta to feed them. Yeah, i would prefer either of them over Ozil in such a scenario because they are just better passers with a better understanding and vision.

Xavi is a different player, can't expect him to do what Ozil does for Madrid. So cannot compare them.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:51 am

kiranr wrote:
Lol, Ozil over Xavi or Iniesta? No way. The system Madrid runs (counter-attack) suits Ozil more definitely. But, i still think Iniesta would do a better job. Thiago in a few years will do well too. You can already see the immense potential he has.

Xavi is a different player, can't expect him to do what Ozil does for Madrid. So cannot compare them.
You missed my last sentence. I said beside a top form Iniesta I wouldn't want anyone for Özil and explained why.

On a side note, you won't see anything like these from all the people mentioned:
Is Mezut Özil the best midfielder? - Page 2 Tumblr_m2uk9mEAAa1r1fq7do1_500

Not the first time he does it eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:53 am

Thiago out performed him? Laughing

Thiago did good in midfield but his final third choice was poor.

And he was at fault for many RM counter attacks too,one Benzema blasted towards Valdes on a 3 vs 4 includes.

I dont think thiago is gona reach Ozil's level as a AM ,ozil is second year in a row top assister of Europe.I fail to see how any better player there is in the final third than Ozil other than Messi and Iniesta.

Ozil's final ball is only second to messi too.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 am

Immortal Babun wrote:
You missed my last sentence. I said beside a top form Iniesta I wouldn't want anyone for Özil and explained why.

On a side note, you won't see anything like these from all the people mentioned:
Is Mezut Özil the best midfielder? - Page 2 Tumblr_m2uk9mEAAa1r1fq7do1_500

Not the first time he does it eco smile

I saw Xavi do it against Madrid in this season itself and he did it with a whole bunch of Madrid players surrounding him and not with acres of space around him. I have noticed how you tend to over praise a pass that many other players can make when it is a German player. The last time i saw you do this was that Ozil cross in an NT match.

See, Ozil is an excellent player and one i would have in Barcelona anytime. But he is not as good as Xavi or Iniesta yet, except in shooting.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:02 am

Cotes wrote:by having 1 season?
not even close....

Had to quote for amusement.

Got no opinion on who's "best", TBH, if you made any top10, Özil'd be in there, that's as much praise as I'm willing to heap on an individual.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:26 am

Adit wrote:Thiago out performed him? Laughing

Thiago did good in midfield but his final third choice was poor.

And he was at fault for many RM counter attacks too,one Benzema blasted towards Valdes on a 3 vs 4 includes.

I dont think thiago is gona reach Ozil's level as a AM ,ozil is second year in a row top assister of Europe.I fail to see how any better player there is in the final third than Ozil other than Messi and Iniesta.

Ozil's final ball is only second to messi too.

His final ball is better than Messi's.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:07 pm

lolz madrid fans :facepalm:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Iniesta's backheel pass to Tello was atleast as good imo.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Crimson wrote:Already shown Nick and Z man but this deserves it's own thread for discussion:

Mest Ozil vs Barcelona:
4 tackles (equal most in the game)
7 interceptions (most in the game)
3 key passes (most in the game)
26 passes@70%
7 crosses (most in the game)
2 long balls
1 through-ball
3 successful dribbles
and 49 touches on the ball (the most for Real Madrid)

Mesut Ozil has the most assists in any European league with 16 with a chance at claiming the crown in back to back seasons. He also surpassed Ryan Giggs tally of 16 assists to Ronaldo when he gave Ronaldo his 17th goal and the winner at the Nou Camp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next