Gomez83
the xcx
pUsHa
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole  - Page 2 Empty Re: Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole

Post by RED Sun 29 Apr 2012, 03:01

Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole  - Page 2 IbiR5hgzntaeE0

lol.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole  - Page 2 Empty Re: Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole

Post by Lex Sun 29 Apr 2012, 03:03

Kick wrote:Butthurt Lex?
Uh no? That would imply that i feel insulted. I'm more disgusted than insulted

Kick wrote:I have heard the same stuff against us by Arsenal fans
What are you raving on about you madman?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun 29 Apr 2012, 03:04

Can't help but think that's because Ramsey if I remember correctly publicly declined Shawcross' apology despite Shawcross being distraught over the incident.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sun 29 Apr 2012, 03:04

Booing Ramsey.

I believe Shawcross totaled his leg at Brittania a couple seasons ago.

If they were booing him, then smh..

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 29 Apr 2012, 03:15

Lex wrote:
Kick wrote:Butthurt Lex?
Uh no? That would imply that i feel insulted. I'm more disgusted than insulted

Kick wrote:I have heard the same stuff against us by Arsenal fans
What are you raving on about you madman?

Sorry, forgot Gunners are sweet little angels who never hurt anyone Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 29 Apr 2012, 03:21

Are you going to elaborate on your earlier statement, or merely act like a giant douche?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 03:49

The stoke players were acting like thugs.. they think they're body builders or something but if someone touches them they fall down like flies.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:07

pUsHa wrote:
Lex wrote:Their team IS trash, but everyone knows that. I have a bigger problem with the inbreds in the crowd cheering when a player is down injured, then booing a player who's career was sidetracked thanks to one of their gorillas injuring him

Stoke and their fans are the Neanderthals of football

WTF Lex ? You're insulting the Neanderthals ... they were actually considered pretty smart ... and had bigger brains than us :coffee:

Size doesn't actually matter. On average we only use around 6% of our ptotantial capacity.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:56

Britannia Stadium: Fortress? More like Stinkhole  - Page 2 IbiR5hgzntaeE0

lets all do the wenger lets all do the wenger la la la la
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:24

Stoke is scum.

Wigan on the other hand :bow:

Time to take 4th back.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:48

Let's be clear - nobody here is defending Stoke's players. They are an ugly team, comprised of unskilled brutes, and are about as predictable as a battering ram.

Having said that, I think we're all just sick of the hypocrisy of one club complaining about some fans of another club, when some of their own fans are just as distasteful, classless and vile.

Of course, Arsenal fans being Arsenal fans, will only complain about this when they don't win the game (despite the fact that the taunts and insults were irrelevant to the result). We all know that Stoke fans' chanting would've been a non-event if Arsenal had won.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:55

You're right, it was irrelevant to the result............hence why this thread has NOTHING to do with the result :facepalm: Win, lose or draw, i'd feel exactly the same about the Ramsey chanting. For you to say i'd feel different had we won is downright stupid
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun 29 Apr 2012, 06:15

Lex wrote:You're right, it was irrelevant to the result............hence why this thread has NOTHING to do with the result :facepalm: Win, lose or draw, i'd feel exactly the same about the Ramsey chanting. For you to say i'd feel different had we won is downright stupid
Had Arsenal won, you may have felt the same way, but you certainly would not have bothered making this hypocritical complaint thread about the chanting. All clubs have fans who would've done the same thing as those Stoke fans... even Milan... even Arsenal!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 29 Apr 2012, 06:22

Funny you keep talking about hypocrisy. I was at the Wigan game two weeks ago and i don't seem to remember any of the home crowd telling Martinez he was a wanker. I also don't remember anyone booing David Jones whenever he touched the ball because of his various knee injuries. Oh, and when Figueroa was knocked down and required medical attention, no-one in the stadium cheered and clapped at his injury
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 29 Apr 2012, 06:26

And i'm BEGGING someone here to point me to another example of a set of fans cheering a player's injury. Not talking about a section of the crowd, i'm talking about the WHOLE stadium
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 06:46

i admit arsenal were robbed of one of the clearest pens of the season but seriously their fans are amazing
they make more noise than the Bernabeu and Nou Camp toghether
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun 29 Apr 2012, 06:49

You can write as much anecdotal evidence as you like, but I see no reason why this discussion should be limited to cheering when an opposition player is injured. Granted this is not something that commonly occurs, or something that is well publicised, but it is no different from any other instance of sordid hooliganism that occurs at every ground, in almost every game.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 29 Apr 2012, 07:16

Can't believe Forza Rossoneri supports this kind of behaviour.

I've never seen a whole stadium cheering when the opposite player is down or a whole stadium booing a player which his leg was broken from their own players. These kind of fans disgust me.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun 29 Apr 2012, 07:41

urbaNRoots wrote:Can't believe Forza Rossoneri supports this kind of behaviour.

I've never seen a whole stadium cheering when the opposite player is down or a whole stadium booing a player which his leg was broken from their own players. This kind of fans disgust me.
I'm not saying that I support this behaviour at all. I agree that it is disgusting. It's just that I see no reason to only vilify Stoke fans when fans of all clubs engage in this sort of offensive jeering. Given the right circumstances, the passion of mob is translated into despicable and cruel taunting. Unfortunately, football hooliganism is now commonplace. There will always be some fans who act without any compassion or common decency. Sadly, that's the reality of it. It's not a Stoke thing, an Arsenal thing or a Milan fan thing, it's just these types of people.

Since you asked before, here is some similarly disgusting fan behaviour from another club. Whilst the injured player may not have been on the pitch, it was still filthy.
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t15458-inter-fans-unravel-disgusting-tasteless-banner?highlight=disgusting+fans
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 29 Apr 2012, 08:06

So your problem with this thread is generalizing? Because the whole stadium was booing not just two or three fans with some disgusting banners.

Every single team has those disgusting fans, but it's usually a minority - nothing like in this case where the whole stadium was booing and laughing at injuries of our players. And its not ONLY against Arsenal, this is like a tradition there.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun 29 Apr 2012, 08:09

I don't condone this behaviour, however if the fans thought that they could successfully get to a player and his team then it's justifiable from their point of view. Fans show up not to just watch their team but support them and help them win.

The Stoke fans would say that they were part of a favourable result and thus couldn't care less what the likes of us have to say.

It doesn't mean I condone it, however compared to a crowd racially abusing players this is fairly tame. The kid's a millionaire athlete at a top club, if he can't handle this that's his problem. Swearing constantly at Wenger? Are you really going to pretend that players and managers aren't regularly abused?

I already dislike Stoke, I'm not defending them as I would personally not have participated in this sort of behaviour, however I'd rather they cheer violence on the pitch than instigate it off the pitch.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun 29 Apr 2012, 08:16

Not just that it was a generalisation. I thought it was pretty insignificant compared to those banners about Cassano and Gattuso.

So... the whole stadium laughs at injured players at every game? When you put it that way, that does sound pretty sick.

Still, I think racism and attacks about people's personal life, health and family are far worse.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 29 Apr 2012, 08:55

I'm not going to argue which one is worse, because both set of reactions are very very awful. It's just that Forza Rossoneri didn't react same in that other thread where Milan was involved (Inter fans with banners).

As for Ramsey it didn't affect him at all, he played his best game in 2 months now.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun 29 Apr 2012, 09:33

Phritz wrote:

Size doesn't actually matter. On average we only use around 6% of our ptotantial capacity.

that's a ridiculous urban legend

we use most, if not all of our capacity, just for different tasks... the part of your brain that remembers your girlfriend's phone number or how to say thank you in french isn't engaged when you're driving a car... "we only use x% of our capacity" is just motivational bs to make idiots feel better about their potential

on topic, trash club, trash fans, not exactly surprising... though i do find it slightly amusing how most of the people defending stoke have never had their teams play them Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:42

Not long ago many were hailing Stoke as if they weren't a joke back then.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:28

Surely using the same logic that makes Stoke are a trash club and trash fans because they boo'd Ramsey would be reciprocated and make Arsenal a trash club with trash fans considering it was them who started booing Shawcross.

All the Stoke fans did was respond to the abuse Arsenal fans were chanting at their captain. There was also a large mob of arsenal fans who congregated and waited around the Tunnel to hurl further abuse at Shawcross after the game had finished.

Yes Arsenal fans can cry Shawcross broke his leg. But Boo Hoo its a football game, a contact sport. Accidents and injuries happen, as much as Wenger ad Arsenal would like to transform the game into a Ballet dancer contest.

When the incident happened both TP and Shawcross offered their apologies and to go see Ramsey but they were refused. Instead they went about attacking Shawcross ad vilifying him.

Would Arsenal fans have treated one of their own with such contempt had they injured another player, no they would get behind him.

The tackle had unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances but it was years ago now, time to move on. Stop making such a drama out of it.

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next