Approach made to WBA regarding England Manager's position.

5 posters

Go down

Approach made to WBA regarding England Manager's position.   Empty Approach made to WBA regarding England Manager's position.

Post by hitshot Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:35 pm

West Bromwich Albion have today granted permission for The FA to speak with Roy Hodgson regarding the position of England Manager.

This follows an approach from FA Chairman David Bernstein to West Bromwich Albion Chairman Jeremy Peace.

David Bernstein said: "I'm grateful to Jeremy and all at West Bromwich Albion for their co-operation in allowing us to approach Roy, who I have since spoken with.

"Roy is the only manager we have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within the timescale we set-out soon after Fabio Capello's departure.

"Further conversations will now take place with Roy and my Club England colleagues before any further announcements can be made."

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatures/2012/statement-roy-hodgson-300412

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
hitshot
hitshot
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Approach made to WBA regarding England Manager's position.   Empty Re: Approach made to WBA regarding England Manager's position.

Post by Swanhends Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Its a good match

Hodgson is a good mid-table manager, and England is a mid-table national team hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Approach made to WBA regarding England Manager's position.   Empty Re: Approach made to WBA regarding England Manager's position.

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Redknapp: :vagi:

Gets his head turned by the prospect of managing England, Spurs' form goes down the toilet and then he ends up not being approached. Hilarious.

On a more serious note, I'd be content with Hodgson if he's around just for the Euro's. I'm not entirely sure on his ability to manage a national side to the next World Cup.

He's got plenty of experience managing around Europe and excels at getting the best out of not-so-good players, so it's a good match, I think.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Arry' for England Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Hodgson would be a sensible choice.

If England are going to do well, they will manage that by defending brilliantly. Being organized. Hodgson is probably better at that than Redknapp.

Redknapp is the sexier choice, but Hodgson just might be a safer bet. We'll see who gets the job.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down