Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
vizkosity
lenear1030
REWB
Mr Nick09
13 posters

Go down

Spurs are finished if Modric leaves says Arry Empty Spurs are finished if Modric leaves says Arry

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 04 May 2012, 15:39

The diminutive midfielder has been the subject of intense transfer speculation for well over a year and came close to leaving Spurs last summer.
Chelsea had three bids rejected and despite being told by the player that he wanted out, Spurs' hardline stance - together with Modric being under contract until 2016 - meant no move happened.

But the debate over Modric's future refuses to go away and only last week Redknapp appeared to insinuate that the Croatian could go this summer, with both Manchester clubs keen.

"I would be lying if I said I was sure that Luka would say - you don't know," said Redknapp last week.
"You would like to think Luka will still be here, but you never know."

However, Redknapp has now suggested that Spurs' hopes of sustaining success in the Premier League would be over if they let Modric go.

Tottenham are talking with Modric's advisors over a pay-rise at the club and Redknapp said: "I don't know where he is at on the contract.

"He knows what I think of him. He is a great pro. You can't replace him with someone as good. We can't sell him.

"Once you start selling your best players you are finished. He is up there with the top players in world football. You need people like him. You need good pros and good characters."
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Spurs are finished if Modric leaves says Arry Empty Re: Spurs are finished if Modric leaves says Arry

Post by REWB Fri 04 May 2012, 16:01

what kinda dance is that? it's like some sort of ghetto/geeky dance
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Spurs are finished if Modric leaves says Arry Empty Re: Spurs are finished if Modric leaves says Arry

Post by lenear1030 Fri 04 May 2012, 16:17

REWB wrote:what kinda dance is that? it's like some sort of ghetto/geeky dance

ghetto and geeky are complete opposites....

and what do you mean by ghetto?

*gets ready for everyone to overrate modric once again*
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri 04 May 2012, 23:52

i would just accept the 50 mil offer from broski, then move on. His heart isn't with Spurs anyways, why bother. Maybe sell Bale for a tiddy profit, while convincing higuain, and get another quality playmaker for the team.

I'm sure there are ways to resolve those problems, modrid is overrated imo
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 05 May 2012, 00:06

He's right.

Once Godric is gone Spurs can kiss any CL hopes goodbye.

One does not just simply sell Godric and finish in the top 4 of the EPL
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 05 May 2012, 00:07

CBarca wrote:He's right.

Once Godric is gone Spurs can kiss any CL hopes goodbye.

One does not just simply sell Godric and finish in the top 4 of the EPL

Man Utd sold CR and they seem to be doing alright......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 05 May 2012, 00:09

Sorry Mole, Harry Redknapp is not SAF.

Plus Modric >>>>>> Ronaldo.

Anyway, on a serious note, Man U. would do themselves a helluva lot of good to try and get Modric. They lack a midfield and Modric is a one man midfield.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat 05 May 2012, 00:11

CBarca wrote:Sorry Mole, Harry Redknapp is not SAF.

Anyway, on a serious note, Man U. would do themselves a helluva lot of good to try and get Modric. They lack a midfield and Modric is a one man midfield.

competing against broski for that 50 mil signature T_T?
Anyways, that is possible when Abramovich start putting his statues up those chimneys at the new stadium
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Moddaws Sat 05 May 2012, 00:14

If he had a say in it he would sell him and buy Diarra and Muntari
Moddaws
Moddaws
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat 05 May 2012, 00:15

spurs are finished either way

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 05 May 2012, 00:16

CBarca wrote:Sorry Mole, Harry Redknapp is not SAF.

I realise that my point was with the money and hype surrounding Modric you could easily use that money to make a better team......

No one player is bigger than a team and no one player decides the destiny of a club.......

As long as you invest it wisely like we have done with the money we got i see no reason why it means Spurs back to mid table again.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat 05 May 2012, 00:20

deadrave wrote:spurs are finished either way
Spurs never got started to finish
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat 05 May 2012, 00:20

[quote="Great Leader Sprucenuce"]
CBarca wrote:
No one player is bigger than a team and no one player decides the destiny of a club.......

As long as you invest it wisely like we have done with the money we got i see no reason why it means Spurs back to mid table again.

I second that philosophy. Also why i would never prefer balotelli at any of my supporting team. There are always alternative options
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 05 May 2012, 00:22

Oh, true.

But does Redknapp/Tottenham LOOK like the type of management team that can get rid of Modric and invest that money wisely enough to make Spurs a better team? There lies the problem. If Modric/VdV/Bale any of them moved, then I'd be scared to see where Tottenham would end up next season.

It's not like they have the biggest prestige in the world either- to attract a player like say RvP or even someone like Podolski.

Now...say we buy Cabaye, Tiote, and P. Cisse...then we're talking Very Happy

I don't disagree with your point though. I think Modric will leave eventually, as much as I love him, and we'll see what happens when that does and how Spurs cope. I'd love to be proven wrong personally- in fact I hope I am.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat 05 May 2012, 00:24

jeez, Spuds.

this is a blessing in disguise..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 05 May 2012, 00:29

Yh good point about Redknapp, i would'nt trust him with my groceries tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat 05 May 2012, 00:34

You don't necessarily need to be able to attract big names. Modric himself wasn't a high profile player when Spurs signed him. A big talent, yes, but he was still relatively unkown and took a while to start showing what he could do in England.

Bale, too, took a while to start showing what he could do on a consistent basis.

Once you start selling your best players you are finished.

I don't know why Redknapp is saying that. He only has to look at Arsenal to see that that statement is not true. We sold our best player in the summer but could end up finishing higher than we did last season without him.

So really, it's just a matter of finding the right players to replace him and if Spurs get a big fee for Modric, there's no reason why they wouldn't be able to do that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat 05 May 2012, 00:48

I hope Chelsea do sign him, he will be bigger flop than Torres. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat 05 May 2012, 00:52

Raptorgunner wrote:I hope Chelsea do sign him, he will be bigger flop than Torres. Very Happy

if 50 bil can reinforce the fact that chelsea is for sure in CL final with the last second goal, then I think it's still a good deal to abramovich lol
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat 05 May 2012, 02:23

I want to see Kanjcar-Sandro some more.

Spurs might win a couple big games too.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum