what is your opinion on Managers quiting jobs because of fatigue

+3
Lex
VivaStPauli
Tifoso Romanista
7 posters

Go down

what is your opinion on Managers quiting jobs because of fatigue  Empty what is your opinion on Managers quiting jobs because of fatigue

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon May 14, 2012 7:01 pm

I heard Guidolin wanted to leave Udinese , Pep guardiola did and there are more are adding to the list

while Managers Like Wenger or SaF are not feeling tired
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

what is your opinion on Managers quiting jobs because of fatigue  Empty Re: what is your opinion on Managers quiting jobs because of fatigue

Post by VivaStPauli Mon May 14, 2012 7:03 pm

My opinion is, they should quit, and not be ridiculed for it, if they don't feel up to it. Being a football manager makes you an instant celebrity, the press can be vicious, and you usually get little support from your own people who will fire your ass the second you lose an important match, no matter whether it was your fault or not.

IMHO serious afflictions like burn-out or depression don't get the respect and thoughtful treatment they deserve often enough, so if a manager feels like he needs a break, he should take it. Same goes for any other human being as well.

Enke wasn't too long ago... Sad
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

what is your opinion on Managers quiting jobs because of fatigue  Empty Re: what is your opinion on Managers quiting jobs because of fatigue

Post by Lex Mon May 14, 2012 7:07 pm

At least Wenger and Fergie have had success over the years. Imagine how Moyes must feel Shocked
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 14, 2012 7:08 pm

I had forgotten about Enke Shocked

Indeed , it seems only right that if any coach feels like that , they have every right to do so. Health in general comes first , nothing's worth it without health.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Mon May 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Can't really be compared to be honest, you never know what is going on with their personal life, with family, or health.
For example, there have been many managers before who have called for a break because they have been depressed due to the amount of stress etc you never know.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon May 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Exactly, I mean I get why people are taking digs at Guardiola, he pretty much had only success, got treated rather well by the international press, and didn't seem like he was close to having burnout, but you never know whether he just has very good self-control.

Just last season Ralf Rangnick quit Schalke because of burnout, and I rather have a guy like that take a break, then totally collapse.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm

agree with OP 100%. Football is a vicious and cruel sport - on and off the pitch.

Managing Real and Barca are the two toughest and most demanding jobs in football, bar none.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Mon May 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Let alone in Pep's situation, he was a Barcelona player, and after retiring the player status, worked for the team I do think he should get a break much deserved.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon May 14, 2012 7:38 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Just last season Ralf Rangnick quit Schalke because of burnout, and I rather have a guy like that take a break, then totally collapse.

THAN totally collapse, THAN, BIG difference, sorry. :X
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon May 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Lex wrote:At least Wenger and Fergie have had success over the years. Imagine how Moyes must feel Shocked

Good call on Moyes , he is just a great manager or i just like his accent ,lol
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 14, 2012 8:38 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:My opinion is, they should quit, and not be ridiculed for it, if they don't feel up to it. Being a football manager makes you an instant celebrity, the press can be vicious, and you usually get little support from your own people who will fire your ass the second you lose an important match, no matter whether it was your fault or not.

IMHO serious afflictions like burn-out or depression don't get the respect and thoughtful treatment they deserve often enough, so if a manager feels like he needs a break, he should take it. Same goes for any other human being as well.

Enke wasn't too long ago... Sad
100% signed. The Rangnick comment (with "than"), too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down