Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most???

+8
juvealbanian
TrezeGent
lucianomoggi
S
dronte
Juventude
Juveman17
Cotes
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Empty Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most???

Post by Cotes Mon May 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Ok...first of all I want to say that "no matter" what the reason for them not coming to Juventus last summer, whether it was because Conte said no or they didn't want to come...
Which of these players you think regret no coming to the Juventus Stadium the most?

Juan Manuel Vargas who is at Fiorentina who finished in 13th in the League & did manage to score a single goal this season but made 8 assists...
Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Juan+Vargas+1

Diego Perotti who is at Sevilla who finished La Liga in 8th & like Vargas didn't manage to score a goal this season but managed to make 2 assists...
Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Diego-Perotti-Liverpool-Everton-20111

Michel Bastos who plays at Lyon who are currently 4th in Ligue 1. Bastos has score 6 times this season with 8 assist & has also played in the Uefa Champions League but might not be the best of memories for him, as he missed the crucial penalty vs Apoel to get his team eliminated from the tournament...
Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Article-1305644880083-0C19AFA300000578-323522_636x300

Giuseppe Rossi who is currently with Villareal who has recently been relegated. Rossi managed to score 5 goals this season before suffering to a major injury that will see him miss even Euro 2012...
Rossi was said to cost something between 20 to 30 million last season but with the injury & lack of playing time which will more likely lead to a drop in form, Rossi will more likely cost something between 5 to 10 Mil now...Villareal could regret not selling him much more than Rossi regrets not leaving....
Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Rossi

Cristian Zapata who left Udinese last summer to join Villareal was link to Juve to solve the left-back issues. He was expected to flourish in Spain & do well for an ambitious & hard working Villareal team who many thought would compete for a Champions League Spot & maybe even the domestic cup but instead find himself being relegated after one season with the yellow submarines...
Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Cristian-zapata_descenso-villarreal

Gohkan Inler who before leaving Udinese was linked to the "Bianconeri" but opted to go to Napoli because he wanted to win trophies & play in the Champions League...
However that didn't work out as he expect as Napoli finish 5th in the League but he still have a chance of winning a trophy this season with the "Partenopei" when they face Juventus at the Stadio Olympico for the Coppa Italia Finals...
Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Gokhan-Inler-Napoli-Champions-League_2688059

Diego Lugano who currently play for PSG was linked to Juventus last season. Diego who have found it hard to get first team football this season in France having made just 12 appearance in Ligue 1. Diego's last chance of silverware is the League Title which seems very unlikely right now with Montpellier being 1 point away from securing their first Ligue 1 title ever!
Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Leonardo-diego-lugano-2011-8-30-11-50-0

Valon Behrami who was targeted in January to be apart of the "Bianconeri" but opted to stay at Fiorentina as he was quoted saying: "I would be betraying the Viola if I went to Juve"
Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Valon-behrami-jersey-d105b

Fredy Guarin who recently left Porto for Inter Milan after saying: "I will only leave Porto for Juve" might be regretting this move. Porto who are Guarin's parent club & Juventus who were the first to target the player have both went on to win their respect League with Juve having a chance at the double. Guarin's adventure is not all a failure as Inter manage to secure a Europa League spot with their 3-1 defeat to Lazio on Sunday. (Thanks to Napoli & Juve already qualifying for Europe before the cup final in played)
Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? 176698hp2

feel free to add any I missed...
Naingollan,Alex among others...

Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Empty Re: Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most???

Post by Juveman17 Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm

tie between rossi and inler. Both had great opportunities and they can watch us win more Very Happy
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most??? Empty Re: Which players do you think regret not coming to Juve the most???

Post by Juventude Mon May 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Rossi and Dzeko. Dzeko could be featuring as our CF rather than starting every other game or subbing for Tevez in Man City. Rossi would have featured in the 4-3-3 as SS with Vucinic and maybe he doesn't tear his ACL.

With the way Conte has rejected some wingers and wingbacks, I think that a lot of those guys wouldn't have started for Juve. However, I feel pretty confident that Rossi or Dzeko would have played significantly.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon May 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Juventude wrote:Rossi and Dzeko. Dzeko could be featuring as our CF rather than starting every other game or subbing for Tevez in Man City. Rossi would have featured in the 4-3-3 as SS with Vucinic and maybe he doesn't tear his ACL.

With the way Conte has rejected some wingers and wingbacks, I think that a lot of those guys wouldn't have started for Juve. However, I feel pretty confident that Rossi or Dzeko would have played significantly.

Dzeko won EPL & he was vital in the last 5 minutes of their brilliant comeback...
I don't think he cares too much right now...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon May 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Aguero. Easily.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon May 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Cotes wrote:
Juventude wrote:Rossi and Dzeko. Dzeko could be featuring as our CF rather than starting every other game or subbing for Tevez in Man City. Rossi would have featured in the 4-3-3 as SS with Vucinic and maybe he doesn't tear his ACL.

Dzeko won EPL & he was vital in the last 5 minutes of their brilliant comeback...

I'm aware. The last five minutes do not make up for his lack of playing time since joining City. I am quite certain that he would feature ahead of Matri and Quags in Turin.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Dzeko for me.

Now he is all but just a benchwarmer at City.He should've waited until the summer before signing for us.well he can still sign for us.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 14, 2012 9:01 pm

dronte wrote:Aguero. Easily.

He is first choice at City and his goal won them the title..Just saying
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 14, 2012 9:03 pm

Cotes wrote:

Ofc he will be happy but he is still struggling for game time and he knows it since there are more star players coming in at City..

He would've been automatic first choice if he signed for us.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon May 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Surag wrote:
Cotes wrote:

Ofc he will be happy but he is still struggling for game time and he knows it since there are more star players coming in at City..

He would've been automatic first choice if he signed for us.

Exactly. Dzeko started in 16 games while Aguero started in 31. Aguero is the first choice SS and Dzeko is not the first choice CF and there is already talk of moree CFs joining City. Dzeko could have been the starting CF on a team that leads in shots on goal and possession. Any CF would love to play on a team like that or, at least, he should want to play on a team like that.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon May 14, 2012 9:12 pm

I think you guys are missing my point about this thread...
How can Dzeko & Aguero miss not coming to Juve?
They are getting more money & recognition at City (even if Dzeko is a bench warmer)
Man City won the title & it's as if they won the world cup..
U go on msn home page,it's there
goal.com
espn
yahoo
foxsoccer
goltv
Eurosport
etc.

Juve won their league UNDEFEATED & what do we get?
not even a god damn good stream to see the celebration...if you don't believe, look in the Atalanta vs Juve thread...

This thread is about the player you think regret the most...Dzeko might have his regrets but going to Man City wasn't all in vain
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon May 14, 2012 9:20 pm

That's just my opinion, man. You asked the question, not me.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Mon May 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Villareall is a great chance to get players from;

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Nope you are absolutely wrong on that count.

Dzeko deep down would be regretting the choice he's made.

what has recognition got to with it ?lol..He isnt playing regularly at City something he thought he would and recognition means squat ,thats not what footballers aspire to be ,they aspire to be wc football players not glorified celebrities.You earn your recognition on the pitch.

And to make it big in football ,you need to play regularly which he isnt ,then whats the point of earning recognition ?

He is somebody who thought who would spearhead City's attack when he joined them but clearly he couldnt..Aguero is deployed as a CF sometimes which says a lot..

Well in the end it wont be considered a regret if he actually ends up joining us this summer.

with new stars coming in ,he would be forced out of the team ,which means he ended up wasting a good few seasons something which he could've made up for it if he had joined us.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon May 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Surag wrote:
dronte wrote:Aguero. Easily.

He is first choice at City and his goal won them the title..Just saying
I misunderstood the title, thought the op asked which player WE regret not coming to Juve. Whatever

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon May 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Juventude wrote:That's just my opinion, man. You asked the question, not me.

so you think Dzeko, winner of a trophy regrets this decision more than Rossi who got injured for most of the season,Missing the Euros & getting relegated?

really?

more than Guarin who both his parent club & first choice club won their league while he's in Inter that barely made Europa?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Dzeko wasted a good one year by rotting on the bench..In the same one year he could've been a star and the face of another side.Not all footballers are glory hunters looking in search of trophies ,he is still young 25 years old obviously he would want to play more ,he would be hungrier for match action something he hasnt received at City.

Guarin will atleast get good game time from now on with Inter..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Mon May 14, 2012 9:49 pm

None of the ones posted in the OP except Inler really.

I regret not signing Aguerro and Dzeko.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon May 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Cotes wrote:

so you think Dzeko, winner of a trophy regrets this decision more than Rossi who got injured for most of the season,Missing the Euros & getting relegated?

really?

more than Guarin who both his parent club & first choice club won their league while he's in Inter that barely made Europa?

I listed Rossi on level with Dzeko in my original post. And with Guarin and about half of those players on the list, I don't take them seriously as legitimate targets that almost joined the team. I think that a lot of them were just rumors or never reached advanced transfer talks.

Dzeko almost joined Juve and he could have excelled in our system and, for that, he should strongly regret not coming to Juve. Guarin should be quite happy with himself because he made the jump from Colombia to Porto to Inter. He's playing for a major club and will compete in the future. Dzeko is a much different player than Guarin. Dzeko is very talented and should feature as a regular starter on a major club.

I think that almost all of those players on your list really regret not being able to come to Juve, but I also believe that a good number of those players never really had a legitimate shot at joining the club and were just part of the usual transfer rumors or they were one of many targets. With Rossi and Dzeko, I can safely say that both players were really, really close to joining Juve.

So, to answer your question, yes, really.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon May 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Juventude wrote:
Cotes wrote:

really?

I listed Rossi on level with Dzeko in my original post. And with Guarin and about half of those players on the list, I don't take them seriously as legitimate targets that almost joined the team. I think that a lot of them were just rumors or never reached advanced transfer talks.

Dzeko almost joined Juve and he could have excelled in our system and, for that, he should strongly regret not coming to Juve. Guarin should be quite happy with himself because he made the jump from Colombia to Porto to Inter. He's playing for a major club and will compete in the future. Dzeko is a much different player than Guarin. Dzeko is very talented and should feature as a regular starter on a major club.

I think that almost all of those players on your list really regret not being able to come to Juve, but I also believe that a good number of those players never really had a legitimate shot at joining the club and were just part of the usual transfer rumors or they were one of many targets. With Rossi and Dzeko, I can safely say that both players were really, really close to joining Juve.

Vargas,Bastos & Inler were all in advance negotiations...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Rossi...
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue May 15, 2012 5:05 am

Juventude wrote:
Cotes wrote:

really?

Yep..he looks very regretful right here!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Tue May 15, 2012 8:59 am

Rossi without a doubt
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue May 15, 2012 11:14 am

Surprised none of you have mentioned Piazon the money grabbing whore.

have fun struggling to get into the CL you greedy little dick.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue May 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Bastos and Aguero. We couldve ended up like this:

--Buffon--
--Barzagli-- --Bonucci-- --Chiellini--
--Lichsteiner-- --Vidal-- --Pirlo-- --Marchisio-- --Bastos--
--Aguero-- --Vucinic--

Wow. Then again if we had to sacrifice Mirko to get Aguero, i know ill get alot of shit for this, but i dont think i would. Vucinic has been incredible for us. Aguero would be awesome too though. I just want both!
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum