Forza
Dante
fatman123
Swanhends
Ganso
zarola
18 posters

Go down

What makes you love this sport so much? Empty What makes you love this sport so much?

Post by zarola Sat May 19, 2012 2:39 am

I'm often asked this question, and I don't really articulate the best answer possible in my opinion, there are some moments in this sport that words just can't express.

National pride, how it unifies people all across the world, the unpredictability, the tactfulness of it, and no commercials are some reasons I have. What are yours?
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

What makes you love this sport so much? Empty Re: What makes you love this sport so much?

Post by Ganso Sat May 19, 2012 2:52 am

Hard to explain,football is more than just a hobby for me, basically its part of my national culture
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

What makes you love this sport so much? Empty Re: What makes you love this sport so much?

Post by Swanhends Sat May 19, 2012 3:08 am

The freedom given to the players, the infinite number of possible combinations, and drama unlike any other sport
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat May 19, 2012 3:14 am

i always say its something you can only understand when you feel it, if you love football you cant understand why someone would love it so much untill their i your shoes
theres no way to fully describe it with words
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 19, 2012 3:29 am

Just playing the game is all you need to love it .

Then , all the passion about the win or the dissapointment in defeat , yeah , this game gives moments you can't forget , therefore it becomes part of you.

Even more so when it becomes something massive , like a national win in a tournament , once in a lifetime moments. For example , the celebrations i've been at when Greece won the Euro in 2004 , will follow me forever.

Seeing thousands of people on the street , singing songs and celebrating all night long , whilst screaming "goal" after seeing the goal of the final for the 3642 time , is just priceless .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat May 19, 2012 3:34 am

I feel connected with the game, I feel like it affects my life. In the back of my mind, I know it really shouldn't - but it does!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 19, 2012 4:00 am

I don't know...good question. It's the beautiful game- it's the most perfect game I've ever seen, in terms of drama, beauty, athleticism etc. The game is so damn simple (yet so complex)- and simplicity is attractive, and beautiful.

The pride, the history, the culture, the interaction between cultures and the unity are all very good reasons as well.

It is hard to put it into words...but it is one of the biggest things in my life and it always will be.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Sat May 19, 2012 4:16 am

The joy of dribbling and taking shots is more than having sex for me .
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sat May 19, 2012 4:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X6YH04vj8I

mowgli
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Sat May 19, 2012 5:34 am

CBarca wrote:I don't know...good question. It's the beautiful game- it's the most perfect game I've ever seen, in terms of drama, beauty, athleticism etc. The game is so damn simple (yet so complex)- and simplicity is attractive, and beautiful.

The pride, the history, the culture, the interaction between cultures and the unity are all very good reasons as well.

It is hard to put it into words...but it is one of the biggest things in my life and it always will be.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 19, 2012 5:41 am

Football was a natural fit for me considering that it's a global sport and I consider myself a global person. I love how this sport unifies entire nations, the rich, the war-torn, the hard-working, the environmentally ravaged. It doesn't matter, when two teams to take to the pitch, everything falls by the wayside for 2 hours. It's a beautiful thing befitting a truly beautiful game imo.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 19, 2012 5:45 am

scratch Mine is Lil bit Complicated it goes to how Italy players always against the odds and always surprising and goes back to one movie that i loved that goes to Drama and film Genre and it goes to philosophy and it somehow relates itself to religion but dont worry im not going to bore you with that stuff , I love football because of the famous azzurri
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat May 19, 2012 8:35 am

the transfer market....

lol jk.
I play football myself. It's a national thing, as well as part of a exciting lifestyle Smile
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat May 19, 2012 9:09 am

Because its played by foot. Its simply but its hardest and most joyful thing you can do with the ball (among other ball sports). and its safe everybody can try this
It has 23 players and biggest stadium.
More players+Bigger stadium=More fans=More Money=More hype

this is the reason why futsal is not as popular as football
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 19, 2012 9:12 am

I dunno, It completes me. I feel sad and uneasy if a weekend goes by and I dont watch any match.

Plus i hate how my country loves Cricket, So Football fits all bills.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat May 19, 2012 9:37 am

watching young underdogs turn into world beaters. I take pride in their achievements even though i contributed nothing to it
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat May 19, 2012 11:09 pm

because of games like today Chaka
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Sat May 19, 2012 11:15 pm

not days like today

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat May 19, 2012 11:18 pm

football won today :vagi:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun May 20, 2012 7:24 am

what we saw yesterday even tough i was on the other the side and the amount of deception was too high
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down