Juventus' Agnelli: The days of big-money transfers are behind us

4 posters

Go down

Juventus' Agnelli: The days of big-money transfers are behind us Empty Juventus' Agnelli: The days of big-money transfers are behind us

Post by MMM Tue 22 May 2012 - 12:29

"I think the days of big-money transfers will
be phased out," Agnelli stated at the London Business School’s Global
Leadership Summit.

"But the most important element - the fans -
will still continue to go to the games. Sport is about dreams and
emotions and is a way of escaping the problems of the real world."

The Bianconeri boss then went on to stress that the Serie A champions are one of the most successful clubs in the world.

"When
we talk about Juventus it’s a matter of pride. It is one of the most
successful football teams and the longest-lasting family franchise in
the world of sport. My family has overseen 29 title victories since
taking control of the club in 1923."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juve fan base yesterday: higuain is a piece of s*** buy cavani + damiao + a good left back + vice pirlo + ...
Juve fan base two months later: pleaaaase marotta please buy borriello!!! Very Happy
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus' Agnelli: The days of big-money transfers are behind us Empty Re: Juventus' Agnelli: The days of big-money transfers are behind us

Post by S Tue 22 May 2012 - 12:56

I read this interview on Juventus.com ..

But this doesnt mean we wont strengthen.

Maybe by 'big money' transfers he meant insane amounts something in the region 40-50 m euros which might just not be possible for a club like Juventus in the current economic climate.

Or rather he could be talking about the incoming Financial Fairplay when he says "the days of big money transfers 'WILL' be phased out".

You could interpret it either ways.But i've always believed that we wont be making huge investments this summer.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juventus' Agnelli: The days of big-money transfers are behind us Empty Re: Juventus' Agnelli: The days of big-money transfers are behind us

Post by MMM Tue 22 May 2012 - 14:04

I agree with you.I read it on goal.com with the title of "Agnelli: No more big-money transfers"
and I also didn't find anything saying we wont strengthen our squad.
however I still believe we wont buy any of those big names for our attacking department
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue 22 May 2012 - 14:25

Sadly i dont believe we will spend more than 15 mil on a player so no.wc players will come
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue 22 May 2012 - 17:18

Don't panic guys. I seen this and the title is misleading. He is saying big money signings will be phased out over time because of the Economy. this does NOT mean Juve are being cheap. He's predicting the future.

Read the first part

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has voiced his opinion that mega-money transfers are something of the past as he feels the global recession will take its toll on the football world in the next few years.

Agnelli believes that it is inevitable that clubs will change their spending pattern, but is confident that fans will continue to attend games, regardless of the economical situation.

If you want you could change the title to not make people panic. I repeat, this isn't about Juventus but about clubs in general.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum