Does Anyone Else Feel A Little Sorry For Blondie?

+12
urbaNRoots
Amar
Twoism
djoe26
Raptorgunner
The Verminator
Eman
Sushi Master
TalkingReckless
6unner
REWB
Lex
16 posters

Go down

Does Anyone Else Feel A Little Sorry For Blondie? Empty Does Anyone Else Feel A Little Sorry For Blondie?

Post by Lex Tue May 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Does Anyone Else Feel A Little Sorry For Blondie? Manuel-almunia

On reading that he's going to be let go in the summer, i couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the guy. Sure i ripped on him mercilessly, but it's not like he had a horrible or cocky attitude, he was just prone to make idiotically dumb mistakes. Don't remember him ever making a fuss about being 6th/7th/8th choice keeper and he accepted that there were others who were better than him

Surely i can't be the only one who feels like giving him a pat on the back?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Else Feel A Little Sorry For Blondie? Empty Re: Does Anyone Else Feel A Little Sorry For Blondie?

Post by REWB Tue May 22, 2012 10:23 pm

you feel sorry for someone who earns 60k a week, for sitting on his arse and not trying to improve himself? lmao you need to come back to the real world.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Else Feel A Little Sorry For Blondie? Empty Re: Does Anyone Else Feel A Little Sorry For Blondie?

Post by 6unner Tue May 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Oh sure you can be the only one.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue May 22, 2012 10:56 pm

i don't feel sorry for him but i don't hate him....

He could have gone last season or even in Jan but he doesn't care about playing that much, he rather collect his check everyweek then play.

I don't hate him because he hasn't been fussy during time here

I would Thank him for his time at Arsenal but i would never say Sorry to him

but i would hate him if he leaves then starts talking crap about Wenger and Arsenal
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 22, 2012 11:18 pm

REWB wrote:you feel sorry for someone who earns 60k a week, for sitting on his arse and not trying to improve himself? lmao you need to come back to the real world.
So, i can't feel sorry for Wilshere missing the whole season with an injury because he gets x amount a week? scratch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 22, 2012 11:38 pm

I remember when he was thrown against Barcelona. Did very well considering the shitty defensive display and the team imploding.

He was the source of many points being dropped in past seasons and was clearly never good enough. It does not mean he's crap, because he ain't. He's just not good enough for a top 4 team.

There was a time I wanted him benched so badly, I'd even risk playing Mannone.

But he also wasn't total shit like Squillaci or Silvestre, he had his extremely solid games and there's a reason England wanted him for a time Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue May 22, 2012 11:40 pm

I definitely feel sorry for him. He wasn't good enough to be our #1 due to his error-prone ways, but he gave all he had and was a model professional. When he was at his best, he was capable of brilliance, even if in reality he only should have been second choice.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue May 22, 2012 11:47 pm

You're not the only one Lex. I have actually said before that i felt a bit sad for him. Sure he earns alotta money. But he always tried to give 100% for us and he never complained when he was benched like Fabianski did. I wish him all the best with his new club whatever that is, and i hope he can earn the fans support from the people...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 23, 2012 12:05 am

We all have gone at him, but I agree lex, I do fee sorry for him, the man never once came out to complain about game time and when he was called upon he did make some crazy saves.

The game vs Barcelona could have ended worse if he had not made some crazy saves.

I do wish him all the best, will thank him for everything.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed May 23, 2012 12:16 am

Lex wrote:
REWB wrote:you feel sorry for someone who earns 60k a week, for sitting on his arse and not trying to improve himself? lmao you need to come back to the real world.
So, i can't feel sorry for Wilshere missing the whole season with an injury because he gets x amount a week? scratch

you are comparing someone who has broke his leg...to someone who is not playing simply because he is not good enough at his job...WTF -_-
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 am

I feel sorry for him as a person but i dont feel sorry for him as a player.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 23, 2012 2:08 am

REWB wrote:you are comparing someone who has broke his leg...to someone who is not playing simply because he is not good enough at his job...WTF -_-
Point is, it's silly to say "oh, he earns this much a year, so we shouldn't feel sorry for him when people repeatedly mock, laugh and make fun of him" He's just bad at his job. He hasn't mocked the club like Nasri, betrayed the club like Fabregas or thought he was bigger than the club like Adebayor. His only foible is that he's a below average keeper.

Surely, given the amount of abuse, mockery and insults he gets nowadays, that warrants some sympathy?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 am

Blondie reminds me of myself with my current job. I got all qualification for it, worked for years and realized I would never be godly at it and slowly lost passion & enthusiasm, also realized I've worked there for so long it would be insane to quit for another job. Told myself "*bleep* it", goes on with the job, do what been told, get home quick, play some games, watch some TV, drink some beers and collect pay in the end of the month. Blondie was with us for nearly 8 years, that's half footballer's working life.

Difference is I never get abused from anyone so yeah, I feel sorry for him.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed May 23, 2012 4:13 am

Can't really hate him cause he always tried his best. He just didn't have enough talent for a top 4 team.

I would go as far to say he cost us a title, but I think more blame has to go on Wenger for not getting an adequate enough keeper.

Good luck to him though.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 23, 2012 11:18 am

I wish him good luck in his next club, but I don't feel sorry for him at all and I don't hate him - he had his days when he was quite good and helped us. I respect that. Only respect and good wishes for him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Wed May 23, 2012 3:11 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I wish him good luck in his next club, but I don't feel sorry for him at all and I don't hate him - he had his days when he was quite good and helped us. I respect that. Only respect and good wishes for him.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 23, 2012 5:47 pm

If his play matched his professional attitude then he'd have been a top keeper. Best wishes wherever he goes.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 pm

He was great for us I believe in 07-08 . I wish he continued that form, but with how error prone he is, he was bound to decline. With every little mistake he made, his confidence dropped and eventually he became very unreliable.

The guy definitely had his moments though. He was great against Barca in the first leg a few years ago. Without him, it could've been 5 goals to them after the first half but he really stepped it up.

I have no ill feelings towards him and wish him well wherever he goes. He has my respect.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu May 31, 2012 1:35 am

I'm gonna be honest here ...

Ty 4 everything Al Cya

banana
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down