Be/\/ceCALI
Zero
Senor Penguin
The Messiah
Blue Barrett
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Luis Suárez re-opens Evra race row by accusing FA of victimisation Empty Luis Suárez re-opens Evra race row by accusing FA of victimisation

Post by Blue Barrett Sat May 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Luis Suárez has reopened the controversy surrounding his race row with Patrice Evra by revealing his conscience is "completely calm" over events at Anfield on 15 October last year and accusing the Football Association of wanting "to get rid of a Liverpool player".

The Uruguay forward served an eight-match suspension this year after being found guilty of racially abusing the Manchester United defender by an independent panel appointed by the FA. Suárez and Liverpool did not appeal against the decision, despite protestations from the club over the process that led to him being charged.

Suárez caused further problems for Liverpool and the then manager Kenny Dalglish when he refused to shake Evra's hand in the return league fixture at Old Trafford in February. That prompted a series of apologies from Liverpool, Suárez and Dalglish, but the striker has never apologised to Evra personally for what occurred at Anfield in October and, in an interview with Russia Today, claims he has no cause to.

"The suspension, I suppose, you could call strange and unbelievable," said Suárez. "Without a single shred of proof, they suspended me. I accepted it without saying anything obviously because they could have made [the suspension] longer and it would have just made the whole thing continue, but my conscience is completely calm, and so is that of the club and my family.

"There was not a single convincing proof that I had done any of the things they accused me of doing. I am very calm about all of it. I have played all my childhood and everyone knows that in Uruguay there is a huge black population. I had team-mates and friends of both colours all the time in the national team, in Liverpool, in Holland, where the majority [of players] are from Surinam, and I never had any problem with them.

"Holland is one of the countries in the world where there is the highest number of black players and at no point was there an issue. Well, these are the things about football. It seems to me that they had to get rid of a Liverpool player and, well, they definitely were gratified by all of this."

Liverpool's owner, Fenway Sports Group, sacked the long-serving head of communications Ian Cotton this month after a season that attracted fierce criticism of the club's handling of the Suárez affair. The striker, however, claims his wife bore the brunt of the fallout. "She has suffered more than anyone during this," he said, and is unconcerned about the damage to his reputation or the reaction of opposition crowds.

He added: "What the English press has said about me does not interest me. What interests me is what they say about me in Uruguay and in Liverpool, and they have always been very supportive.

"After the suspension was confirmed, I was told that the fans would taunt me, they would whistle me, insult me and shout at me, but to be honest it is not something I was worried about or paid attention to. Everyone whistled me in all of the stadiums I played in all the time anyway, even before the allegation of racism. It was just the same. I tried to pay it as little attention as possible to focus on what I like to do, which is to play."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/25/luis-suarez-liverpool-patrice-evra

Here we go again. The English media are going to rip him to shreds now. Poor bloke.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Luis Suárez re-opens Evra race row by accusing FA of victimisation Empty Re: Luis Suárez re-opens Evra race row by accusing FA of victimisation

Post by The Messiah Sat May 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Why is JT not being charged for thesame allegation, why did they avoid handshake between Ferdinand and JT...

Suarez must leave EPL and come to Bayern Munchen...

Last edited by The Messiah on Sun May 27, 2012 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Luis Suárez re-opens Evra race row by accusing FA of victimisation Empty Re: Luis Suárez re-opens Evra race row by accusing FA of victimisation

Post by Blue Barrett Sat May 26, 2012 6:18 pm

The Messiah wrote:Why is JT not being charged for thesame allegation, why did they avoid handshake between Ferdinand and JT...

Suarez most leave EPL and come to Bayern Munchen...
Errr....because JT's case is in the court? You didn't know that?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat May 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
The Messiah wrote:Why is JT not being charged for thesame allegation, why did they avoid handshake between Ferdinand and JT...

Errr....because JT's case is in the court? You didn't know that?
:vagi:

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Being an a**e is a sign of deception in Uruguay. :vagi:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Sat May 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Everything that Suarez said here is pretty much true
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Suarez was done wrong, in my opinion, and if he wants to state that he's got a clean conscience then that's fine.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat May 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Does anyone really care what the English media think? Collectively, they are now regarded as the most sensationalist, inflammatory, corrupt, uninformed, unashamedly biased, disreputable and infamous press in the world.

Sure, there are many good English journos, but any good work done is obscured by this 'culture', which consists of producing the trashiest stuff out there and giving it a provocative headline.

Of course, this happens in every country to an extent. But with an issue like Suarez' in England, there is no analysis or discussion, it's just an onslaught of personal attacks instead. It's really unacceptable. Regardless of your opinion on what he's said, you can tell that the way the media has handled it is not right.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat May 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Suarez is an asshat. Cost Dalglish his job too.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat May 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Zealous wrote:Suarez is an asshat. Cost Dalglish his job too.

And it was also Dalglish's mistreatment of the situation that earned him the flak of everybody.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat May 26, 2012 10:43 pm

It was the wrong thing to say. There was no need to reopen this issue. I wish he would've just let it go.

Most likely the fault of the Russia Today journalists. I doubt that Suarez just decided to start talking about it again out of nowhere.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat May 26, 2012 10:46 pm

donttreadonred wrote:It was the wrong thing to say. There was no need to reopen this issue. I wish he would've just let it go.

Most likely the fault of the Russia Today journalists. I doubt that Suarez just decided to start talking about it again out of nowhere.

Thumbs up
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat May 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Hes been listening to too many Liverpool fans

Surprised he didnt bing up the fergie conspiracy theories aswell
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun May 27, 2012 12:30 am

I still don't get why it's taking so long for F.A to make decision on JT's case, don't come up with the court nonsense.

FA should still punish him regardless of the court
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 27, 2012 1:37 am

Its not taking long its just that they have delayed his court appearance to after Euro 2012 to not jeopardise the English camp

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 27, 2012 1:50 am

FA are clever, saving their English players.

Suarez should have moved on, He should have understood from his past experiences that its of no use. He will get a ban before the next season even starts :facepalm:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 am

FA cant do anything until Terry has appeared in court, once he is freed/charged they will be able to add their own punishment/pat on the back on him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 27, 2012 1:55 am

The Messiah wrote:I still don't get why it's taking so long for F.A to make decision on JT's case, don't come up with the court nonsense.

Not English.

Anyways, don't see anything wrong with what Suarez said. It's true that the "evidence" used against him was far from convincing.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun May 27, 2012 4:35 am

Zealous wrote:Suarez is an asshat. Cost Dalglish his job too.
So full of shite it's coming out your mouth.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 27, 2012 4:44 am

The Messiah wrote:I still don't get why it's taking so long for F.A to make decision on JT's case, don't come up with the court nonsense.

Can't believe you're this ignorant.

FA can't do s*** until the court give their verdict. If they punish JT and the court find him not guilty then they're in deep s***.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun May 27, 2012 4:46 am

Barrettinator wrote:

FA can't do s*** until the court give their verdict. If they punish JT and the court find him not guilty then they're in deep s***.
Actually, they can still punish him even if the court finds him innocent. They've already set a precedent that they need less evidence to hand out punishment than legal courts require.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun May 27, 2012 4:47 am

Agreed with what he's said.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 27, 2012 4:48 am

RedOranje wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Actually, they can still punish him even if the court finds him innocent. They've already set a precedent that they need less evidence to hand out punishment than legal courts require.
I doubt the FA are going to hand out a serious punishment to JT if the court finds him innocent, even if it has no repercutions.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun May 27, 2012 4:53 am

Barrettinator wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

I doubt the FA are going to hand out a serious punishment to JT if the court finds him innocent, even if it has no repercutions.
Oh they won't. If the court finds Terry innocent they'll say that's that and pat their brave Englishman on the back. If the court finds Terry guilty it'll be a 4 or 5k fine and the FA will say, "Well the court punished him so we don't believe we should step in and hand out any further penalties." and let him go with a tenth of what they fined Suarez and no ban.

That's my prediction, anyway.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 27, 2012 4:55 am

Okay you might have exxaggerated that lol. But yes, there's always going to be English bias. And I think Suarez's previous reputation in Holland(other controversies) also played a part in their decision.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next