The Crazy Maradona thread - best quotes and annecdotes

4 posters

Go down

The Crazy Maradona thread - best quotes and annecdotes Empty The Crazy Maradona thread - best quotes and annecdotes

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 31, 2012 5:59 am

Just like one of his great goals on the pitch, Maradona's verbal tirade at both Pele and Michel Platini had everything: bitterness, anger, humour, and the unerring ability to offend an entire nation.

Read the best of it below, and enjoy some more Diego gems.

--

Diego Maradona on his rival to the 'world's best ever player' award, Pele...

"Pele should go back to the museum."

Diego Maradona on the entire nation of France and its greatest football star...

"We all know what the French are like and Platini as a Frenchman thinks he knows it all."

Diego Maradona on fatherhood...

"My legitimate kids are Dalma and Giannina. The rest are a product of my money and mistakes."

Diego Maradona on sportsmanship...

"I was waiting for my teammates to embrace me and no one came, ... I told them, 'Come hug me or the referee isn't going to allow it.'"

Diego Maradona on smashing the car of a photographer...

"I did it with the hand of reason."

Diego Maradona on being voted Fifa's joint Player of the Century...

"The people voted for me. Now they want me to share the prize with Pele. I'm not going to share the prize with anybody."

Diego Maradona on World Cup 1998, and clearly not anticipating this one...

"The players have all got square feet. They are like Robocops, they have more need of lubricant than massage. I don't believe the tournament could be worse."

Diego Maradona on his political affiliation...

"I believe in [Venezuelen President Hugo] Chávez, I am Chavista. Everything Fidel [Castro] does, everything Chávez does, for me is the best."

Diego Maradona on his team's work ethic...

"I have 23 wildcats prepared to leave their skins on the pitch."

Diego Maradona on American politics...

"I think Bush is a murderer. I'm going to head the march against him stepping foot on Argentine soil."

Diego Maradona on proving the doubters wrong...

"To those who did not believe: now suck my d**k - I'm sorry ladies for my words - and keep on sucking it. I am either white or black. I will never be grey in my life. You treated me as you did. Now keep on sucking d**ks. I am grateful to my players and to the Argentinian people. I thank no one but them. The rest, keep on sucking d**ks."
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

The Crazy Maradona thread - best quotes and annecdotes Empty Re: The Crazy Maradona thread - best quotes and annecdotes

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 6:01 am

lol so you have done this...i approve it sir Thumbs up

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The Crazy Maradona thread - best quotes and annecdotes Empty Re: The Crazy Maradona thread - best quotes and annecdotes

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 31, 2012 6:05 am

One of the greatest press conferences of all time:

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 31, 2012 6:14 am

The trophy story, in his own words:

So I said: `So the president won't come and face me? I'm going to wait for five minutes ... If I don't get my passport, all these trophies here, these lovely trophies, made of crystal, I'm going to smash them one by one.' Casaus was begging me: `Dieguito, you can't ...' And Schuster added his voice to mine once again: `Let me know when we can start.' I picked up a Teresa Herrera, a beauty, and gave Casaus one last chance ...

`You won't give me my passport?'

`No, the president says no ...'

'OK, he denies me and won't give me my passport ...'

`He's just saying he can't give it to you!'

I picked the trophy up as high as I could and threw it ... Craaaaashhh! ... It made such a noise. . . `You are crazy,' Schuster said to me. `Yes, I'm mad. They can't confiscate my passport! The more seconds that go by, the more minutes, the more trophies I'm going to smash,' I replied. They gave me my passport back, but they didn't let us go to Breitner's testimonial. I don't know what the *bleep* it was all about, some Spanish Federation clause. But I smashed a Teresa Herrera and I got my passport back; it was unconstitutional for them to confiscate it.

Diego Maradona. Maradona: The Autobiography of Soccer's Greatest and Most Controversial Star (Kindle Locations 931-934). Kindle Edition.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu May 31, 2012 7:54 am

lol, thx BC. We need this. Now just to sticky it!!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu May 31, 2012 8:03 am

Also under his politics, according to wiki:

In August 2007, Maradona went further, making an appearance on Chávez's weekly television show and saying: "I hate everything that comes from the United States. I hate it with all my strength."

I'd forgotten about that statement.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu May 31, 2012 8:07 am

lol:

7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down