dostoevsky
Forza
fatman123
BiasedMilanFan3
beatrixasdfghjk.
20 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by fatman123 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:27 pm

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:32 pm

My official stance is that the Welsh dialect can't really be accurately translated and so there's as much chance of the Welsh considering that to be a griffin as a dragon anyway. We shouldn't impose our own interpretation of images onto other cultures :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:33 pm

it clearly doesn't have the body of a lion or the head and wings of an eagle... just sayin'...
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:34 pm

That's the official definition of a griffin? I always based it off the ludicrous puppet from Jim Henson's The Storyteller and I frankly wouldn't have been able to tell that from watching the show. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Has David Carney scored any goals for the Sharks?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:36 pm

fatman123 wrote:
isignedupjusttoseesigs wrote:28 goals is a solid effort

sorry,i almost forgot how well the dragons played this weekend Rolling Eyes

didnt play that bad, got it close in the end but yeah, we're a bunch of headless chooks for the first half, i dont know what happened to soward but hes regressed a whole lot and we don't ha\/e an on field dominant leader, cause ben hornby sure as hell aint doing anything worthwhile.

may aswell start planning for the next few seasons and getting rid of some of the dead wood we ha\/e, our back 5 minus matt cooper whos like 33, is aged between 20-26, and a new halfback cause hornbys 32 odd, fix all that and we'll be set there for a while. the dragons forwards line is where my real concern is because by god do i not rate them, weymans injured 80% of the season, dan hunts a monster but hes out allmost as much as weyman, and bloody trent merrin, god, trent merrin... beau scotts lea\/ing at the end of the season and i\/e no idea what ben creagh is doing. least we got someone young and good like cameron king as our hooker.

/dragons rant
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:38 pm

The flag incorporates the Red Dragon of Cadwaladr, King of Gwynedd

The Welsh Dragon – Welsh: Y Ddraig Goch ("the red dragon") pronounced [ə ˈðraiɡ ˈɡoːχ] – appears on the national flag of Wales. The flag is also called Y Ddraig Goch. The oldest recorded use of the dragon to symbolise Wales is from the Historia Brittonum, written around 829 AD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Dragon

Its been refered to as a Dragon since 829AD chump :coffee:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:41 pm

pfft, i think Jim Henson trumps any rag written in 829 AD
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:42 pm

fatman123 wrote:The flag incorporates the Red Dragon of Cadwaladr, King of Gwynedd

The Welsh Dragon – Welsh: Y Ddraig Goch ("the red dragon") pronounced [ə ˈðraiɡ ˈɡoːχ] – appears on the national flag of Wales. The flag is also called Y Ddraig Goch. The oldest recorded use of the dragon to symbolise Wales is from the Historia Brittonum, written around 829 AD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Dragon

Its been refered to as a Dragon since 829AD chump :coffee:
Please, everyone knows Welsh Dragons are green :coffee:.
The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 WelshGreenDragon

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:45 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Has David Carney scored any goals for the Sharks?

unfortunately he had a great game vs the warrioris

isignedupjusttoseesigs wrote:didnt play that bad, got it close in the end but yeah, we're a bunch of headless chooks for the first half, i dont know what happened to soward but hes regressed a whole lot and we don't ha\/e an on field dominant leader, cause ben hornby sure as hell aint doing anything worthwhile.

may aswell start planning for the next few seasons and getting rid of some of the dead wood we ha\/e, our back 5 minus matt cooper whos like 33, is aged between 20-26, and a new halfback cause hornbys 32 odd, fix all that and we'll be set there for a while. the dragons forwards line is where my real concern is because by god do i not rate them, weymans injured 80% of the season, dan hunts a monster but hes out allmost as much as weyman, and bloody trent merrin, god, trent merrin... beau scotts lea\/ing at the end of the season and i\/e no idea what ben creagh is doing. least we got someone young and good like cameron king as our hooker.

/dragons rant

i wasnt the watching the game too closely, i was playing Kings, but the little i saw you were terrible (although most of what i saw was the first half)

The dragons have so many uselss players, like Dean Young cant even train any more and he doesnt even play well ffs, hes dead wood, and dont even get me started on Michael "the penguin" Weyman, i mean beween him and Trent Merrin theres ot much doing in your foward either, also you got realy lucky that Josh Morris is a good fullback, cause Stanley was terrible

ill be honest though, given how bad the roosters have been this season, my season highlight is porbably how bad the dragons are (unless we win origin) because at the end of the say, when the dragons lose rugby league wins
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:57 pm

pretty sure kyle stanleys a 5/8 out of all his positions thats his most dominate, but seeing as jamies there i think the plan was to just stick him at fullback and hope he can slot in so well like boyd did, but like you said, he was pretty terrible there e\/en though i lo\/e the kid.

dean youngs retiring at the end off the season i'm pretty sure, but god damn we don't ha\/e any oomph or firepower, i know you said you didnt watch it that much, but in the first half before pritchard got knocked out, him and the other large bulldogs forward were just ripping the dragons defence to shreds, and they were creating so much space for the small quick players like renyolds and barba to just rip right through. i'm not expecting much from this season considering its ste\/e prices first season in charge and the only signings he made were scrubs, but its still disappointing.
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:pfft, i think Jim Henson trumps any rag written in 829 AD

This. :coffee:

Also, in the words of Pirates of the Caribbean:

It's a mythological creature, I can call it what I wants :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Isn't RG a mythological creature? The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 Le_210.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:02 pm

I have rare documentary footage of the legend they call RG The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 Le_210
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:04 pm

dostoevsky wrote:I have rare documentary footage of the legend they call RG The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 Le_210
The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 220px-Lochnessmonster
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:33 pm

isignedupjusttoseesigs wrote:pretty sure kyle stanleys a 5/8 out of all his positions thats his most dominate, but seeing as jamies there i think the plan was to just stick him at fullback and hope he can slot in so well like boyd did, but like you said, he was pretty terrible there e\/en though i lo\/e the kid.

dean youngs retiring at the end off the season i'm pretty sure, but god damn we don't ha\/e any oomph or firepower, i know you said you didnt watch it that much, but in the first half before pritchard got knocked out, him and the other large bulldogs forward were just ripping the dragons defence to shreds, and they were creating so much space for the small quick players like renyolds and barba to just rip right through. i'm not expecting much from this season considering its ste\/e prices first season in charge and the only signings he made were scrubs, but its still disappointing.

i thought i saw Pritchard going down the tunnel, what happened there?
That bulldogs forward pack is huge, you can see Des is trying to turn them into good ball playing forward (like he did with watmough and stewert). Brain smith is trying to do the same thing at the Roosters but our forwards are too big and too dumb for anything like that, hoesntly id be surpised if Mosse Masoe had an IQ grater then 10

as for Jamie Soward.......well i havent been calling him "speed hump soward" for all these years without good reason
The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 36569_273511672739422_2077195224_n

Spoiler:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:49 pm

the good thing about your forwards pack is that majority of them (dont know 100% tbh) are all young, like really young, warrila-hargra\/es (lol) is like 23, that kids been around fore\/er, not to mention he's a monster, if you guys do it right you can ha\/e a monsterous blend of poly and maori forwards that are just wrecking crews, think your backs let you down the most, minis what, 32-33? kenny dowalls a good back and i rate him highly, but to be awfully honest i'\/e got no idea who else you ha\/e back there with him. the worst bias i ha\/e towards your team is def your hal\/es though, mitchell pierce and braith anasta :facepalm: and then daniel mortimor, jeez.

we're only just a little past half way through but from the looks of things, you and i are gonna be hanging with josh dugan and kurt gidley come september.
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:38 am

http://infrastruct.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/why-pi-is-not-4-and-other-mysteries.html

Dos, I don't get how integrating the thingy shows that pi ≠ 4...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:47 pm

isignedupjusttoseesigs wrote:the good thing about your forwards pack is that majority of them (dont know 100% tbh) are all young, like really young, warrila-hargra\/es (lol) is like 23, that kids been around fore\/er, not to mention he's a monster, if you guys do it right you can ha\/e a monsterous blend of poly and maori forwards that are just wrecking crews, think your backs let you down the most, minis what, 32-33? kenny dowalls a good back and i rate him highly, but to be awfully honest i'\/e got no idea who else you ha\/e back there with him. the worst bias i ha\/e towards your team is def your hal\/es though, mitchell pierce and braith anasta :facepalm: and then daniel mortimor, jeez.

we're only just a little past half way through but from the looks of things, you and i are gonna be hanging with josh dugan and kurt gidley come september.

yeah but i think our foward pack is too big, especialy now that Smith is giving our more mobile forwards like Aubusson, Guerra, Kennedy and Corder less game time in favour fo Tasi and Massoe and with Hardgraves as an unquestioned starter our forward pack cant do much more then tackle and take hit-ups
Having said that i love to watch Hardgraves, the guys an absolute cock and he plays some of the thuggiest football but its just fun to watch, especially the way he backs himself against anyone

Pearce is a class player, although i feel ansta weighs him down, hes just not as good as he was back in the day at the dogs (although he was great vs tigers on the wkend) wait till next season when our halves are Pearce-Maloney, i get the feeling itll be just as good as Pearce-Carney
For me Mortimer isnt purely halfback or a 5/8, but rather hes a decent utility, he can play in the halves, at hooker and he even played a fe trials at fullback, Id love to see him get ahead of Anthony Mitchell in the peacking order because imo Mitchell offer nothing we dont already get from Jake Friend-the future QLD hooker
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:03 pm

too bigs not bad if you ha\/e braith playing lock/second row, least he can pass the ball around and kick insane 40m field goals from left field, but what you said is right, you're going for brute force o\/er ball handling. maybe its just me but i don't see that much of a problem with it if you guys were to adopt a \/ery defensi\/e approach to the game like the dragons of 2 years ago, with big forwards defending the line then sending the quick backs through in the attack.

idunno what it is i guess, i just don't like mitchell pearce, ne\/er ha\/e (so many god damn \/s..), don't think he should be playing in origin either, he just doesn't seem that suited to it. mind you we don't ha\/e anyone else to play halfback for us, unless we want to stick peter wallace in. malony is a class buy though and he'll click well, he's good with the warriors.

idunno i don't really watch much else besides the dragons.
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:43 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
CBarca wrote:Going to California.

See you guys again in 9 days. Peace.

Ooh enjoy, and congrats on your license!

I just hope you'll be able to catch Spain vs Croatia, I'd hate for you to miss Flopric chasing shadows all game.

You look a bit silly now don't you? Razz

California is great. Such nice weather, a nice switch up from Wisconsin. But I'll always prefer Wisconsin.

Hope you guys are having a nice time. I am!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:09 am

Is that why he's on a plane back home whilst the real midfielders are in the quarterfinals? :coffee:

Also beatrix I'll look at your link after I get home from my exam today.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:34 am

maybe he got homesick for london? hell maybe ronaldo misses madrid, robben munich. why are we so quick to dismiss these conclusions?

i ha\/e a job inter\/iew for a pawn shop today, in a bad neighbourhood, feeling good about it.
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:48 am

Freeeeeddddooommm.

Just back from having NCS with my exam :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:56 am

Yo BMF, did you just feel that earthquake?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Ok, my relatives in Gippsland felt it, I'll take it that BMF felt it.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next