dostoevsky
Forza
fatman123
BiasedMilanFan3
beatrixasdfghjk.
20 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 10:50 am

Also, you know how in handball/four square you can only hit the ball in your own box and not in another person's one? What do you call it when you do hit it in another person's box?

I ask because a classmate is literally arguing that it's called " f ʊ l s , " after he was OMGLOL'ing at someone who said "false," which I have always said. I think we're both wrong (but with fʊls being ludicrous and with no basis whatsoever) and that it's actually "fault," derived from tennis.

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 25, 2012 10:54 am

I was taught the way your classmate was and I always assumed it was derived from the AFL term "out on the full."

Though it hardly matters, just rename it as you like. Our squares were Tsar, Tsarina, Rasputin and Proletariat. Razz
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 11:00 am

Interesting. Must've been too quick to assume there was no basis. Though he couldn't answer why he says it.

Another classmate said it is supposed to be "false," but it derives from a Danish word. I obviously answered, "What..." Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri May 25, 2012 11:23 am

Maje10 wrote:Also, you know how in handball/four square you can only hit the ball in your own box and not in another person's one? What do you call it when you do hit it in another person's box?

I ask because a classmate is literally arguing that it's called " f ʊ l s , " after he was OMGLOL'ing at someone who said "false," which I have always said. I think we're both wrong (but with fʊls being ludicrous and with no basis whatsoever) and that it's actually "fault," derived from tennis.

We called it something completely different - "a lob". I don't know how we came up with this, or the justification behind it.

dostoevsky wrote:I was taught the way your classmate was and I always assumed it was derived from the AFL term "out on the full."

Though it hardly matters, just rename it as you like. Our squares were Tsar, Tsarina, Rasputin and Proletariat. Razz

Dost the Rushin. Makes sense given your username on this forum.

We called ours King, Queen, Jack, Peasant.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri May 25, 2012 11:31 am

Definitely fool :vagi:.

We had King, Queen, Jack and .__.
I forget, it was probably dunce or something, ask fatman Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 12:13 pm

We have King, Queen, Jack then Baby. Have no idea why. It was supposed to be Prince then Jack, as I think we used to play that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri May 25, 2012 1:03 pm

yep, king, queen, jack and dunce for us
if i was playing six square at primary school it was King, Queen, White Knight, Black Knight, Jack, Dunce but (the court was two columns with 3 rows, King and Queen were the middle row)
although at high school it became King, Queen, Jack, Dunce, 1st limo, 2nd limo. Court had the same structure but king and queen were in the top row and you could get out if you were in dunceor either limo
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri May 25, 2012 1:23 pm

We had ace, king, queen, jack, dunce, and something else >>

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 1:52 am

The Star Wars reference during the Barcelona-Bilbao game was as random as anything...

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun May 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Are people playing football this season? Give us an update on how you are going Very Happy.

I'm playing with an U21s team, still relatively new to each other, so we are still gelling but doing well coming third. Been playing second-striker or centre-mid and have 9 goals in 8 games Very Happy.

I've also played some games with All Age 1's which is very challenging but great learning curve. Much more tactical. I think I'll be playing with them next year.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun May 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Played indoor today. 2-0 win, scored a goal.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 28, 2012 1:23 am

I got the go-ahead to start physio on my arm today. Very Happy Will hopefully be able to rejoin my futsal team sometime near the end of the year.

2-0's a really low scoring match for indoor. Shocked
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon May 28, 2012 6:24 am

Forza must have had NeSilva at the back
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon May 28, 2012 9:43 am

Boss defending and goalkeeping. Cool
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Mon May 28, 2012 10:00 am

:coffee:
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon May 28, 2012 10:11 am

How long's the game Shocked.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon May 28, 2012 10:31 am

half an hour
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon May 28, 2012 10:42 am

Shocked.

The lowest score I've ever had was one-nil for ten minutes, and the opposition hit the woodwork twice .__.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 28, 2012 10:48 am

I've had low scoring halves however the score inevitably blows out by the end of the game, no matter how many 1v1 chances we conspire to miss.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 12:51 pm

Playing right-back. Not my preferred position, but I think I'm improving.

Trailing 2-0 at half-time yesterday, then we made the score 2-1 in the second half. With just about the last kick of the game, we equalised!

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue May 29, 2012 3:42 am

How the f**k does Chelsea win the CL and then sign Eden Hazard?!?!?????

What has this world come to
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 29, 2012 4:10 am

Talking to my ex for the first time in about a month (OK, give or take a word here or there, but no sustained conversation), and ex does refer to just one girl, her being my only girlfriend ever Razz

Not really sure if I care to be her friend or not though. We'll see, I guess.

Have any of you historically been friends with past girlfriends? More curious than anything
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Tue May 29, 2012 5:26 am

depends on how long you dated for and if the break up was the best it could ha\/e been really, if you're on good terms but don't want to get back together then why not, it worked for like 6 seasons on how i met your mother and we all know thats a documentary.
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue May 29, 2012 6:26 am

It was a few months since me and my ex started talking again but we became alright friends. We knew we could get along in the first place.

It's awkward at first but I found out that we could carry on really good long conversations.

In one sense it was weird because when we were a couple I was almost obliged to talk to her a stack and so some conversations were forced (didn't really mind it though). When we were friends, we didn't talk as frequently but when we did talk it was awesome.

Wish we still talked but ehhh
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue May 29, 2012 8:51 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:How the f**k does Chelsea win the CL and then sign Eden Hazard?!?!?????

._.
I thought the first event caused the second Shocked.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue May 29, 2012 10:47 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:How the f**k does Chelsea win the CL and then sign Eden Hazard?!?!?????

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 3 Hemad

in all fairness i sure Milan were very interested in signing Hazrd............untill they reliased he wasnt available on a bosman :I'munoriginal:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next