dostoevsky
BarrileteCosmico
Funkentelechy
fatman123
Mr Nick09
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tito will be the 2nd most paid coach in football Empty Tito will be the 2nd most paid coach in football

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:10 am

He will be earning a whooping 7m per year for his first job.

He is only second to Mourinho who is at 11m

When Tito was Pep's assistant, he was already making 5m

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/liga-bbva/2012/06/06/vilanova-pasara-a-ser-el-segundo-entrenador-mejor-pagado-con-7-millones-de-euros-99372/
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Tito will be the 2nd most paid coach in football Empty Re: Tito will be the 2nd most paid coach in football

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:13 am

i thought guus was the highest paid coach in football, i cant read that article but maybe it says 2nd highest paid in Spain, not in football?

regardless thats an insane pay for someone in their first job, even if it is at Barcelona, he must have a good agent
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Tito will be the 2nd most paid coach in football Empty Re: Tito will be the 2nd most paid coach in football

Post by Funkentelechy Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:41 am

fatman123 wrote:i thought guus was the highest paid coach in football, i cant read that article but maybe it says 2nd highest paid in Spain, not in football?

regardless thats an insane pay for someone in their first job, even if it is at Barcelona, he must have a good agent

No, he's the third one according to FutebolFinance

Tito will be the 2nd most paid coach in football Imagem10
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:44 am

If he were paid like a 2nd-rate coach then everyone would treat him as such. It's a rational decision.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:59 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:If he were paid like a 2nd-rate coach then everyone would treat him as such. It's a rational decision.

Treated as a second rate coach by whom? The players, the fans, the board? From the list above, Loew, Allegri, Klopp and Conte earn less than half of his wage as an assistant let alone now.

It's Barcelona's money to spend as they wish though, however I hardly see how a wage which is so inflated in comparison to far more proven coaches constitutes a rational decision.

Also towards the OP, Lippi's wage hasn't been disclosed but he's likely earning 10 million a year in his new job.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:03 am

By any of the above. If Barca pay him significantly less than they did Pep then he will not command the same amount of respect. I suspect Barca's thinking is that in order to show absolute faith in him he needs a similar offer. Also note that he was already making 5M a year. Since he's getting more responsibility this comes with more money, so he's only getting a 40% raise for twice the amount of responsibility, if not more. I'm not saying he deserves to be the 3rd highest paid coach in the world, but I can see where he's coming from.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:13 am

You're not providing any justification for this idea of failing to command respect. The players already know Tito well, his presence as a leader of the team is not going to affected by his chequebook. He was already earning 5 million a season, how much was Pep earning in his first year?

Barcelona probably backed themselves into this situation by paying him too much to begin with along, following the lines of a promotion requiring a better wage, however that doesn't provide justification for his eventual wage.

It's your money to spend though and the decision's been made, no point crying over spilt milk.

P.S. Pardiola not in that list above, not bad.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:18 am

He is being paid high wages because Tito was a major part of the coaching team that won a lot over the past 4 years.

More than anything, i like the faith shown in Tito.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:24 am

Im with dos, i dobt the players dont base their respect for the manager on the managers wage, thats like saying if Chelsea had made AVB the highest paid coach in the world he wouldnt have lost the dressing room, and as a fan i can only speak for myself but i really couldnt care less what the coach makes, long as he performs in a manner that justifies his wage then im happy.

Really Barca are a victim of their own shortsightedness (its a word) here because if he was already on 5mil as assistant (more then SAF gets now) then when he is promoted to first team manager a pay rise is warranted so they had to offer him a rise on what was already a ridiculously high wage, hence his high wage

still imo a high wage doesnt garuntee respect from me, if anything it just puts more pressue on the manager to succeed and justify such a high wage, i mena hes on more money then Carlo Ancelotti, as CL winning manager whose at QSG who are just throwing money away and Tito hasnt even had a first team job yet ffs

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:26 am

Guardiola was probably paid a million or 2 for his first year, not much more.

Why do you think they paid Tito too much to begin with? I have no idea how much other assistant managers make, and he was probably the best paid one, but I can think of two good reasons for his high wages. 1) Competition: Although I haven't read any stories about clubs trying to woo Tito, it's not farfetched to think that some clubs would have at least tried to get his signature. As such he needs a competitive salary to stay within Barcelona, otherwise some offers might be too good to refuse. 2) Importance: The fact of the matter is that we don't know how important Tito was to Pep and what his exact responsibilities were, but it's safe to assume that he was probably deemed irreplaceable by Pep (he's the only assistant coach he's ever had) and that he played a crucial role in Pep's success.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:34 am

Well tbh, I rather wish Barca were still wise with their money. We are in financial debt and we are paying a first termer loads of money...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:37 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Why do you think they paid Tito too much to begin with?
Tito got 5mil as an assitant, thats more then SAF and Mancini get as first team managers as two of the richest clubs in the world, how can you justify that wage? did he drag messi out of a burning building or something?

BarrileteCosmico wrote:1) Competition: Although I haven't read any stories about clubs trying to woo Tito, it's not farfetched to think that some clubs would have at least tried to get his signature. As such he needs a competitive salary to stay within Barcelona. 2) Importance: The fact of the matter is that we don't know how important Tito was to Pep and what his exact responsibilities were, but it's safe to assume that he was probably deemed irreplaceable by Pep (he's the only assistant coach he's ever had) and that he played a crucial role in Pep's success.

Wenger has had that Pat Rice guy as his assitant for the last forever and im sure plenty of english clubs have tried to lure him away too, afterall anyone who spends that much time arong Wenger would have a good footblling mind. And i doubt Rices wage is within touching distance of Wengers wage and Wengers wage is less then Titos was when he was assitant manager !
And also youd think the mid table English clubs would have more money to throw at Pat Rice then a mid table Liga side would have to throw at Tito too so really offering such a ridiculous wage as a means of keeping him in a job sounds a bit far fetched.

the same can be applied to SAF too, im pretty sure hes had the same assistant manager for the last 5000 years too. And what makes Tito worth more money then people like SAF, Wenger, Ancelotti, Ranieri, Mancini, Low, VDB? (although i guess the lower wages amongst NT managers is justified due to workload etc)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:40 am

Maybe because he won 14 titles in 4 years and none of those other guys have?

Again, I'm not saying he deserves that amount of money, I'm only finding the possible rational for why Barca deems him worth that much money.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:41 am

I won't speculate on the reasons for his high wages given that I don't know the history of his wage increases, their number and his original base figure, which would make it easier to discern some of the key factors behind each reward. Had competition arisen for his signature during times of uncertainty over Guardiola's continued stay at Barcelona it might have either been used to tempt Tito to await his turn at coach or increased the need to keep hold of him dependent upon the communication between all parties and the timing of each event.

There are too many variables for me to comment upon, however it seems unusual that his wages could have met such proportions to begin with. Based upon the list above, how many clubs would have truly improved his financial situation? That he was being essentially given inflated wages to compensate for his sacrifice in not previously pursuing a managerial role of his own seems perhaps a reasonable factor, however again, not knowing the degree of communication between Tito and the management and the history of the wage rises it's purely speculation. All I can really say is that whatever happened, someone should have said no before his wages hit 5 million a year as an assistant, even with bonuses.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:48 am

Why Dosto? Because 5 million is higher than SAF's?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:49 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Maybe because he won 14 titles in 4 years and none of those other guys have?

Again, I'm not saying he deserves that amount of money, I'm only finding the rational for why Barca deems him worth that much money.

thats what i was thinking too, still youd think that would lead to a big pay rise for Pep more then it would for Tito because regardless of Titos influence Pep still is the main man

And of course you could argue the way people like SAF and particularly Wenger have sustained their teams at the top for extendd periods of time is more valuable then Tito assisting Pep domainating everyone but thats a different kettle of fish all together

Still with all of reallly kowing nothing about the behind the scenes stuff at Barca we cant turly judge what wage Tito deserves, afterall maybe he masterminded Barcas domminance and Pep is a terrible coach who just a figure head ofr the club Razz
Still i think Dos hit the nail on the head here
dostoevsky wrote:All I can really say is that whatever happened, someone should have said no before his wages hit 5 million a year as an assistant, even with bonuses.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:50 am

kiranr wrote:Why Dosto? Because 5 million is higher than SAF's?

In a word: yes. Razz
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:52 am

Jupp Heyneckes at No.6 with 5M per year :facepalm:

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:54 am

If two people of relatively similar importance gets paid relatively similar salaries, i don't see the problem.

You find such situations in many corporate institutions where the CEO and his second-in-command are paid not very different salaries.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 am

Ferguson is getting gypped.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:59 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Ferguson is getting gypped.

what can i say, SAF is a goat Tito will be the 2nd most paid coach in football Lulcas10
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Ferguson is getting gypped.

Tito will be the 2nd most paid coach in football G10
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:37 am

Where is Chelsea manager on that list? Im sure if included will be one of the highest...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Where is Chelsea manager on that list? Im sure if included will be one of the highest...

is there something you know that i dont?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Funkentelechy wrote:

Tito will be the 2nd most paid coach in football Imagem10

dalglish 4.8 million O.O
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum