FilthyLuca
LWL91
6 posters

Go down

Alan Dzagoev Empty Alan Dzagoev

Post by LWL91 Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:03 pm

His contract runs out on 31.12.12

Alan Dzagoev 234663_16_9_large_211

Potentially a bargain. Originally an attacking mid like Kaka but could be turned into a second striker IMO. He's shown ability to score, why would he stop? Laughing
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Alan Dzagoev Empty Re: Alan Dzagoev

Post by FilthyLuca Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:17 pm

from what i hear about him, he has world class potential. im surprised he isnt spoken of more

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by pedrosom Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:01 pm

could be a good signing
pedrosom
pedrosom
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 pm

I really like his play from what I've seen at the Euro, but I don't believe in scouting at major tournaments like this.

He's going to be rated off of a few performances and I don't think that's enough to warrant a move like this.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Luca wrote:I really like his play from what I've seen at the Euro, but I don't believe in scouting at major tournaments like this.

He's going to be rated off of a few performances and I don't think that's enough to warrant a move like this.

True.. But what's to loose? He's been active with the Russian national team since he was 18 years old and now he seems to break through. Like you said yourself, he is very exciting to watch and if his contract runs out in 7 months he could join us for far less then what a player of his calibre usually would cost.. His value is currently 16m € on Transfermarkt.

I think we could get him for 5-8m € - how about that?
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Luca wrote:I really like his play from what I've seen at the Euro, but I don't believe in scouting at major tournaments like this.

He has been really good for CSKA and has both CL and Uefa Cup experience

4 goals in 16 games in CL is amazing for a 21 year old
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:02 pm

He is kinda like Deco with a hint of Mueller from what I've seen of him (about 10-12 games ) going all the way back to 2009 when he scored against United in the CL.

Offensively he is a bit inconsistent and his final ball is great at times but it's inconsistent, while he is a good enough finisher and run maker.

He pops up everywhere right left , through the centre, is quick and tricky enough to make runs etc, but I think Ideally he needs a free role starting from the centre so he can move into space as he sees fit. (A bit like Ozil in that regard).

His biggest strength IMO is his distribution, dropping back playing quick passes to wingers , having the attack flow through him , and he seems to be developing the ability to get between the lines and make runs into the box.

Overall I don't think he's a SS of a CF and I don't think however the freedom allowed in 3-5-2 for the SS can perhaps make it a 3-5-1-1 and make him a great fit.

Edit: And I forgot to mention he presses like a animal ,works really really hard , kind of like Nedved.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:12 pm

LWL91 wrote:

True.. But what's to loose? He's been active with the Russian national team since he was 18 years old and now he seems to break through. Like you said yourself, he is very exciting to watch and if his contract runs out in 7 months he could join us for far less then what a player of his calibre usually would cost.. His value is currently 16m € on Transfermarkt.

I think we could get him for 5-8m € - how about that?

If he is the player you want to go forward with then there is nothing wrong with it, if you think he is quality enough for competing for the champions league then by all means, go for it.

However, Juventus is considering a number of more 'proven' players. I'm always in favour of transfers like these, I'm just unsure if it is plausible for this Juventus squad. We're not talking about a very young team, the focal point is a 30+ year old midfielder, the core is around 26-30+ years old. I just don't see how this will work for the present time.

Not to mention most are basing their opinions off of two group games at the Euro, which is not for me. I like what I see but I'm skeptical.

Anyways, at the price you've listed I'd obviously take the chance on him. But if he doesn't start, will he remain happy? Or will we see another Krasic in the making? Will he be able to break into the starting 11 and really make a name for himself? Or will he take on a Simone Pepe role which he is not happy with?

Those are the questions I have

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum