Juventus cancels North American tour, including D.C. United friendly at RFK Stadium

+4
Sonnysan619
dronte
Juveman17
Juventude
8 posters

Go down

Juventus cancels North American tour, including D.C. United friendly at RFK Stadium Empty Juventus cancels North American tour, including D.C. United friendly at RFK Stadium

Post by Juventude Thu 21 Jun 2012, 18:28

Juventus, the Italian Serie A champion, has canceled a North American preseason tour that was to include a July 28 friendly against D.C. United at RFK Stadium.

The European titan cited scheduling issues.

In a written statement, United said: “While we’re disappointed with the news, D.C. United is already in discussions with another major European team to fill that date and will share opponent and ticketing details as a deal is finalized.”

Juventus had signed a contract with MLS’s marketing arm, Soccer United Marketing, to also play Paris Saint-Germain in Montreal and Real Madrid in Las Vegas.

The D.C. game was troublesome from the start. Initially, United and Juventus were going to meet as part of a doubleheader at FedEx Field along with an AC Milan-Chlesea game. Logistical problems, however, prompted alternative plans. Juventus and United agreed to play at RFK and Milan and Chelsea moved to Miami.

Meantime, another major friendly was already scheduled in the region for July 28: Liverpool vs. Tottenham Hotspur in Baltimore. That match will take place at 1 p.m., while an RFK game would take place in the early evening.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/post/juventus-cancels-north-american-tour-including-dc-united-friendly-at-rfk-stadium/2012/06/21/gJQASl0tsV_blog.html
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juventus cancels North American tour, including D.C. United friendly at RFK Stadium Empty Re: Juventus cancels North American tour, including D.C. United friendly at RFK Stadium

Post by Juveman17 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 18:39

wow.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Juventus cancels North American tour, including D.C. United friendly at RFK Stadium Empty Re: Juventus cancels North American tour, including D.C. United friendly at RFK Stadium

Post by dronte Thu 21 Jun 2012, 18:47

Surely doesn't do good for our US reputation really Sad I'd be so pissed off

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu 21 Jun 2012, 19:03

Yeah, I'm not pleased. I've talked to some of the ticketing people. They said refunds will be given when they get official word from DC United that the event was cancelled.

It really pisses me off because it's not like any of this should have been a surprise to Juve as far as scheduling goes. They knew they were in the Super Coppa, TIM Cup, and many players were in the Euros. None of this should have been a surprise to the club. Very poor planning by Juve and they're leaving a lot of disappointed fans.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonnysan619 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 03:32

My tickets to the real madrid game in Las Vegas are no good now. I have to find someone who will buy the tickets. They will now play Santos Laguna from Mexico. This really sucks. I am really sad.

I spent $600 on 4 tickets....
Sonnysan619
Sonnysan619
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonnysan619 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 03:33

I can't get a refund because they already found someone to take Juventus' place.

Sad
Sonnysan619
Sonnysan619
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Fri 22 Jun 2012, 05:31

Juventude wrote:Yeah, I'm not pleased. I've talked to some of the ticketing people. They said refunds will be given when they get official word from DC United that the event was cancelled.

It really pisses me off because it's not like any of this should have been a surprise to Juve as far as scheduling goes. They knew they were in the Super Coppa, TIM Cup, and many players were in the Euros. None of this should have been a surprise to the club. Very poor planning by Juve and they're leaving a lot of disappointed fans.

you do know that the brought up the supercoppa to the 11th from deep in august right...only official last week..

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 08:57

juventrini wrote:
Juventude wrote:Yeah, I'm not pleased. I've talked to some of the ticketing people. They said refunds will be given when they get official word from DC United that the event was cancelled.

you do know that the brought up the supercoppa to the 11th from deep in august right...only official last week..

Really? Mad Won't be able to watch it Mad
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri 22 Jun 2012, 15:57

juventrini wrote:

I don't buy that Juve had no idea that this was a possibility. These decisions aren't made in complete seclusion.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 22 Jun 2012, 16:10

Poor move from Juventus, although the supercoppa would have probably been in Italy if it were not for Napoli bitching about it.

This whole thing could have been avoided.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonnysan619 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 23:44

Just got my money back on the Juventus game in Las Vegas. They said if you originally purchased the tickets to see Juventus then they will refund your money.

Thank God, but I would rather see Juventus than get my money back.
Sonnysan619
Sonnysan619
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon 25 Jun 2012, 11:25

This is a good thing for the squad.

After such an emotional and exhausting club season PLUS the Euro's adding a north American tour aswell as a trip to china may just be too much.

I think our players need a well deserved rest.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed 27 Jun 2012, 16:27

It looks like Juventus is being replaced by PSG, but purchasers have the option of getting a refund if you purchased it directly through Ticketmaster. This is the email I got from Ticketmaster:

Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming game has a new opponent and time:

World Football Challenge
Originally: D.C. United vs Juventus
Now listed as: D.C. United vs Paris Saint - Germain
RFK Stadium
Originally: Saturday, July 28th at 6PM
New Time: at 7:30PM!

Your original tickets are still good and we look forward to seeing you at the game!

Prefer a refund? We'll refund your order, including fees (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable). Just hit reply to this email by July 10th by 5PM, include the last four digits of the credit card used for purchase, the order number, and the name on the account, and we'll take care of it for you! We'll refund your order immediately, but please note that it can take about 7 – 10 business days to post to your account.

Questions? Just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com!

Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum