rwo power
SaintJoe
braylann
punkfusion1992
halamadrid2
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper Empty Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper Examen

Translated:

“Sergio Ramos, due to the pressure he felt, miscalculates the parameters of a penalty, and the ball, with mass m, is shot forming an angle Pi / 4 with the vertical and with a speed equal to half of the escape velocity. The ball did not make it into the goal. If the radius and the mass of the Earth, Rt and M, respectively, are given, and discounting the rotation of the Earth and the friction of the air:

a) calculate the constants of the movement of the ball.

b) if the International Space Station rotates in a circular orbit with the radius 3Rt, should its occupants be worried about a possible collision with the ball?

Credit to unamadridista
=======================================

LOOOOOOOOOOL, what next, trophy drop to feature in a parliament discussion about the eurozone Laughing

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper Empty Re: Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:15 pm

LOL at the Space station question there, also do you account for the gravitational pull when it is in the earth's atmosphere and then when it is not, plus calculate if it can really leave the atmosphere since the speed is half the escape velocity...

but i cnt answer this question
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper Empty Re: Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:45 pm

maybe babun can lol, he likes these kinds of questions
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper Img00511

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Click on the image to view the full size.

now im no physics guy, but since no friction came into play I assumed it was to be a basic joke question, so I solved it in a simple form. Basically in:

1) you have Ramos and his old hair waiting to take a penalty, I give the units and I calculate the escape velocity with constants and givens. As you can see, the radius of the earth to atmosphere (break of gravity) is 6371 km.

2) Using trigonometry I solved for the horizontal and vertical components...just seeing the angle made me laugh. After seeing the calculation you can see the ball was kicked directly upward...lolol Cos(pi/4) = 0.99

3) Then I solved for time, assuming gravity being the only force acting upon the ball. Velocity up equals velocity down so...

4) then using time I calculated the distance
-----------------

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper Img00610

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:59 pm

braylann :bow:
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Then I drew a brief sketch.

This is where it gets more complicated and I don´t really know.

I assume since the ball was launched vertically and not horizontally, the escape velocity does not matter so much, and without friction the ball travels 1 kilometer past the gravitational pull of the atmosphere. At 1 kilometer out its going about 11 m/s which means that if the International Space Station rotates into the same area as the ball when the ball crosses 3Rt, Sergio Ramos will have officially destroyed the space station with his awful penalty and Real Madrid will no longer ever be able to call themselves Galacticos, but anti-galacticos

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 pm

and assuming that the ball went directly through the middle of the goal, if someone wants to do a google image search 76.7 KM out of the bernabeu, we will know exactly where it lands and who may have found it

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:03 pm

:bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 pm

scratch
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 pm

feel free to leave me positive voates, this took me my lunch break

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:29 pm

i hate physics, thats why im in computers
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Braylann :bow:

Give this person an award ffs
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Although I admire your work, you're wrong.

11180 is not the speed that the ball leaves the earth atmosphere.

You cannot use that law, using the conservation of energy laws:

Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper CVyU

The rest should be correct though if you used the right velocity rather than the one you miscalculated.

Either way, good job if you're not a physics major Thumbs up
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Oh also, pi/4 isn't equal to 90, pi is equal to 180 so it should be 45.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Good stuff braylann but i don't really know much Math (well to that degree), so can you just tell me if the ball will collide with the space station or not? Very Happy
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadBen Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:23 pm

What imbecile writes these questions ?

BigBadBen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:24 pm

I just came here to :bow: in the presence of greatness (braylann) :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:54 am

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:26 am

Any updated calculations (with the adjustments to what Potential pointed out)? BTW, braylann. :bow:

Also, to the teacher who made this test item. Thumbs up
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:02 am

The Verminator wrote:Good stuff braylann but i don't really know much Math (well to that degree), so can you just tell me if the ball will collide with the space station or not? Very Happy

This.

Plus I would also like to know the exact position/location of the ball right now, is it still in our solar system or it has left the milky way galaxy, I really do not know anything about physic or whatsoever.

I'm deeply concerned about the safety of human race, are there any chances that it might turn to a 6mile long asteroid as a result of collision with several celestial body, and then sort of crash into our planet, like the Mayans predicted.

Looking at their calender below, the face sketch inside sort of resembles that of Segio Ramos, are the Mayans right...? Will Sergio Ramos Ball bring about the end of the world in 2012 as predicted by the Mayans...?

Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper Sar_3_aztecCalendar1

Thank for Bryant :bow: :bow:
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:03 am

gtfo with your maths noobs

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:06 am

Ramos' penalty miss features in a third year university physics exam paper Ramos10

This is what I think...
Bear in mind I haven't actually done this topic :L. I forgot to mention where braylann says gravity becomes negligible and it breaks free, but it doesn't get that high anyway. And I don't know how to adjust it for the varying gravitational field strength...
Maybe dos can help and do it relativistically Razz.
And yes, I completely ignored significant figures :L.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum