Doc
billy_gr
teamanarchy
Die Borussen
jibers
40 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Barcelona agree €14m deal to sign Alba - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona agree €14m deal to sign Alba

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:42 pm

This is one godawful thread.

Bickering about nothing lol...

Anyway, a decent signing. Would have preferred to get him at 10 million at least but oh well. Between Adriano and Alba we have 2 good attacking left backs that can certainly contribute to the attack.

Still doesn't fix the problem of height though :facepalm:

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Barcelona agree €14m deal to sign Alba - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona agree €14m deal to sign Alba

Post by the xcx Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Fact is if the signing was the purpose of depth, then yea I would have approved it but seeing as hes the replacement to Abidal, now thats going to be a problem.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:45 pm

VDB is the weak link of Spain :coffee:

Against Portugal he was the best defender. #keep hating
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Nameless wrote:May I remind to anyone that his spains weakest link atm Laughing

lol Arlbeloa says hi...

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:59 pm

kiranr wrote:
Ganso wrote:not hating,but i think that Barca will struggle a lot with alba and alves as FBs.i expect a lot of goals to be conceded.the positive side about it is that it will be x100 times harder to park the bus with 2 attacking and creative FBs

Busquets can always drop back and cover for that and make it a 3 man defense in certain situations.

Busquets will be skinned alive on counter-attacks...too slow.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Just read the backstory of his career after Barca let him go.

What an ungrateful t**t. A million times worse than what Nasri did.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Gil wrote:Just read the backstory of his career after Barca let him go.

What an ungrateful t**t. A million times worse than what Nasri did.
share tongue
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Now realise that Valencia pretty much did themselves a serious injustice with this sale. Could have at least waited until Euros was over to add a couple more million...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Doc wrote:Now realise that Valencia pretty much did themselves a serious injustice with this sale. Could have at least waited until Euros was over to add a couple more million...

Barca were not in desperate need of a left back and even threatened to wait for Alba and get him for free next summer.

Barca will always have a massive advantage on the negotiating table when it comes to their former la masia players because all of these guys who left la masia had a dream to play in the Camp Nou and it will be tough for another club , say Man United for instance, to present a counter offer for alba and therefore strengthen Valencia's negotiating position.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Valencia are feeling sore right now. A player who didnt do enough to get a contract at Barcelona who no longer had their belief.

After he was released from Barcelona in 2005 he went to UE Cornella. Valencia then signed him for 6 million euros. Came to the club as a winger and didnt do enough to compete with Mata, so was converted to left back to get some playing time and got lots of it because Mathieu had a long spell out with injury. Improved in that position and when Valencia wanted to talk about extending his contract, told them he wasnt going to be. Let it run down...

Barcelona come in for him with a year left on his deal, having been made into a player at Valencia and no longer being the player Barcelona didnt even think was worth a contract and at just the right time for him to be the best left back in an international tournament

I dont think this was a Barcelona master plan, they just didnt believe in him when they let him go. But for some reason Alba still wanted to play there despite this and wanted to do so enough to treat Valencia badly. Who knows what his career path would have been if Valencia didnt bring him in from Cornella. Most likely he wouldnt be a left back, certainly wouldnt be playing for Spain or Barcelona and perhaps wouldnt have made it in la liga with him being a fulltime winger.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Very cut throat stuff from Alba. The least he could have done was sign an extension and make Barcelona pay more for his services just to honour what Valencia has done for him...

Come to think of it, would the Ozil deal be of similar circumstances with regards to the last year of contract stuff?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:41 pm

I am not saying this because i am a Barca fan, but players don't owe clubs anything. Clubs won't think twice before cutting you or selling you if you are deemed surplus or not good enough, why should the players behave differently if they feel they can get a better opportunity.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:46 pm

He'd probably be playing in the Segunda if it wasn't for Valencia though.

In most cases I'd agree with you but his career could easily have gone on a different path if it hadn't been for Valencia and Emery. The least he could have done is signed an extension before he f**ked off especially with Valencia's well publicized financial difficulties.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Im interested to see how it works out having Alves and Alba play together

Im struggling to think of many teams that play with two attacking fullbacks, especially teams that only play with 1 DM, but I suppose if any team can do it, its the team with such high possession
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm with Kiranr on this.

If he used Valencia that's fine cause, in all honesty, Valencia used him as well. If Alba wouldn't have bloomed in the past two seasons would Valencia have not sold him as well without a second thought?

Alba's a Catalan. He feels Catalan and seems to be proud of it. His own kind rejected him. Instead of giving into despair he made Barca see that he's a player worthy of Barca's attention and now has, in all likelyhood, fufilled his boyhood dream. All in all he's a Barca fan.

That's the way I see it anway.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Gil wrote:He'd probably be playing in the Segunda if it wasn't for Valencia though.

In most cases I'd agree with you but his career could easily have gone on a different path if it hadn't been for Valencia and Emery. The least he could have done is signed an extension before he f**ked off especially with Valencia's well publicized financial difficulties.

Valencia did sign him because they saw something in him. It was not a charity case. And what would you do, if you knew that Barcelona will not sign you if they have to pay 20 million?

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Im interested to see how it works out having Alves and Alba play together

Im struggling to think of many teams that play with two attacking fullbacks, especially teams that only play with 1 DM, but I suppose if any team can do it, its the team with such high possession

Moar sideways passes hmm
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Kinrar, like Gil I pretty much agree with that sentiment but in this case, Valencia and Emery really made him to what he is now. Gave him the opportunity and support to do well in a stage of his career where he could have easily been lost in the wilderness. Just the very least he could have signed an one year extension, make would-be suitors put in a bit more money.

Say what yes, worse things have happened...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Pointless trying to troll/hate on Alba for not signing a new contract Laughing it just doesn't work.

Alba deserves all the things that are going for him, signing for Barcelona, starting every game in a Euro winning team etc. because he put in the hard work and effort to learn a new position and get better at it, Valencia and Emery are getting way too much credit, Alba not enough imo.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Doc wrote:Kinrar, like Gil I pretty much agree with that sentiment but in this case, Valencia and Emery really made him to what he is now. Gave him the opportunity and support to do well in a stage of his career where he could have easily been lost in the wilderness. Just the very least he could have signed an one year extension, make would-be suitors put in a bit more money.

All that is true Doc, but Barcelona would not have gone for him if he was going for 20 million or more.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:07 pm

kiranr wrote:All that is true Doc, but Barcelona would not have gone for him if he was going for 20 million or more.

Anything higher than 20 million and it would be over paying so I am inclined to agree. Considering also Barcelona higher ups are trying this whole prudent lifestyle thingy.

Also, no hating or trolling is being used in my statements but Valencia and to a point, Emery deserves the credit that they are receiving. They saw something that Barcelona didn't see and was patient enough to allow him to grow within his position.

In that sense, I could understand any Valencia fan/sympathiser being upset over this. I don't blame Alba though, every man should further themselves career wise if ever given the chance even if it would appear to be cut throat (such is the world we live in anyway)...

Last edited by Doc on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Doc wrote:
kiranr wrote:All that is true Doc, but Barcelona would not have gone for him if he was going for 20 million or more.

Anything higher than 20 million and it would be over paying so I am inclined to agree. Considering also Barcelona higher ups are trying this whole prudent lifestyle thingy.

Also, no hating or trolling are being used in my statements but Valencia and to a point, Emery deserves the credit that they are receiving. They saw something that Barcelona didn't see and was patient enough to allow him to grow within his position.

In that sense, I could understand any Valencia fan/sympathiser being upset over this. I don't blame Alba though, every man should further themselves career wise if ever given the chance even if it would appear to be cut throat (such is the world we live in anyway)...

The last paragraph: You said it all, bro. :coffee:

Reason I'm not upset about it, though, is because of Guardado. Who I think is a much better player. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Doc wrote:

Also, no hating or trolling are being used in my statements but Valencia and to a point, Emery deserves the credit that they are receiving. They saw something that Barcelona didn't see and was patient enough to allow him to grow within his position.

Us fans have grown so sensitive that we can't say anything about another club without putting out a disclaimer first. Laughing

Yeah, i can understand why Valencia and their supporters would be peeved over this as i also did not react that well when Cesc moved to Arsenal. But i know better now.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:42 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Im interested to see how it works out having Alves and Alba play together

I cant think of many that play with two attacking fullbacks with one DM but there are quite a few who do it with 2 DM's in fact we plan to do this next season.

Anyway i think it will prove to be a good signing, yes he is'nt that great defensively but it will be difficult for teams to stop Barca breaking them down with Alba and Alves rampaging going forward and considering the high pressure and high possession game he will probably not have to defend a great deal.

The issue they will have will be set pieces, for this reason it would'nt suprise me to see Barca sign a CB who is very good in the air.

Also Pique needs to sort himself out lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:35 pm

I think this is their perminant tactic transformation to the New and improved "Barca Transformer Tactic".

Defending will be done as a 4-3-3 with the look of 4-6-0.
Attacking will be done as 3-4-3.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:47 am

Doc wrote:Kinrar, like Gil I pretty much agree with that sentiment but in this case, Valencia and Emery really made him to what he is now. Gave him the opportunity and support to do well in a stage of his career where he could have easily been lost in the wilderness. Just the very least he could have signed an one year extension, make would-be suitors put in a bit more money.

You know, I just don't know if I believe the whole sentiment that Alba would rot in the second division or something if Valencia didn't pick him up.

I mean come on, there are scouts EVERYWHERE, and if you are talented enough (like Alba) and you play well enough with your club (like Alba), you're bound to get a good club after you sometime. And in this case, it was Valencia. IMO it could be just any other team.

Didn't Redknapp say they were watching Balotelli for some time, just a bit ago? While Barcelona might not have taken Balotelli, I think if no one else did Spurs would eventually butt in there and snatch him, rather than Inter. Not a like for like case at all, but it gets the point across.

I'm not saying Valencia don't deserve credit where credit is due, they found a young player and made him who he is, or helped at least. But I don't blame Alba at all either, I'm with Kiranr on this one.

And Alba with a contract extension is worth about 14 million, maybe. The fact that Barca payed 14 million for Alba on his last year is...well, either Barca being stupid or Barca being incredibly nice. On his last year, Alba should be 10 million MAX. So Valencia shouldn't really feel hard done by the Alba situation at all. They should count themselves pretty lucky for the price they got for him from Barca.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:24 am

even tries to cheat at the coin toss

this guy Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next