jibers
Kick
VanDeezNuts
The Sanchez
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Buffon vs Khan vs Casillas

Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas Vote_lcap51%Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 18 ]
Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas Vote_lcap29%Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 10 ]
Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas Vote_lcap20%Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 35

Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas Empty Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:48 am

Their might have been a thread already though on form who is the better keeper and why?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas Empty Re: Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:53 am

oh this old thing..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:24 am

Casillas will be remembered for what he has done for Spain but my personal choice is Buffon.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:40 am

Casillas has never let in a goal in any major final, this includes the Champions League on two occasions, the Euro's on two occasions the World Cup and the Copa del Rey against an in-form and much better Barcelona.

San Iker :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:12 am

Crimson wrote:Casillas has never let in a goal in any major final, this includes the Champions League on two occasions, the Euro's on two occasions the World Cup and the Copa del Rey against an in-form and much better Barcelona.

Is that a valid point? Valdes has won the Zamora award how mamy times? Spain keeps most of the ball thanks to utuilising Barcelona's philosophy. Based on that statement Valdesis far superior toCassilas. Reflexes I would put Cassilas, overall, Buffon. Buffon is less error prone but less spectactular I suppose. Cassilas better reflex keeper
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:23 am

jibers wrote:
Crimson wrote:Casillas has never let in a goal in any major final, this includes the Champions League on two occasions, the Euro's on two occasions the World Cup and the Copa del Rey against an in-form and much better Barcelona.

Is that a valid point? Valdes has won the Zamora award how mamy times? Spain keeps most of the ball thanks to utuilising Barcelona's philosophy. Based on that statement Valdesis far superior toCassilas. Reflexes I would put Cassilas, overall, Buffon. Buffon is less error prone but less spectactular I suppose. Cassilas better reflex keeper

Yeah Casillas did nothing in every one of those finals lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:27 am

Crimson wrote:
jibers wrote:

Just like Valdes does nothing against La liga Rolling Eyes
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 am

Jibers your argument is bad, anyone who watched these finals knows he was tested in all of them.

Especially vs. Barca in Copa Del Rey, we kept a clean sheet largely thanks to him. Same goes in CL finals etc.

Only final he didn't have to do much was vs. Italy, but even then he did a great save against Di Natale.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:13 am

Se7en wrote:Jibers your argument is bad, anyone who watched these finals knows he was tested in all of them.

Especially vs. Barca in Copa Del Rey, we kept a clean sheet largely thanks to him. Same goes in CL finals etc.

Only final he didn't have to do much was vs. Italy, but even then he did a great save against Di Natale.

So why cant we copare him to Valdes? Similar scenarios. He is protected by possession and makes a save here or there, like Valdes, but when Cassilas does it it becomes more important and better? Spare the BS.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:17 am

jibers wrote:
Crimson wrote:
jibers wrote:

Just like Valdes does nothing against La liga Rolling Eyes
Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing. Razz
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:21 am

Se7en wrote:Especially vs. Barca in Copa Del Rey, we kept a clean sheet largely thanks to him.
Saved by the linesman

Buffon vs Kahn vs Casillas Di-GV52

Razz
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:28 am

jibers wrote:
Se7en wrote:Jibers your argument is bad, anyone who watched these finals knows he was tested in all of them.

So why cant we copare him to Valdes? Similar scenarios. He is protected by possession and makes a save here or there, like Valdes, but when Cassilas does it it becomes more important and better? Spare the BS.

So Valdes has kept a clean sheet in every one of Barcelona's finals then? Since it's so comparable? Valdes didn't even start in the CdR lmao

Casillas' performances for Spain are far far far better than Valdes for Barcelona.

As for the Zamora it's a team trophy for best defense, maybe you should look up the requirements for the award.

It's funny how people are so ignorant or stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:32 am

To be fair, Casillas does not play much for Spain as there are much fewer International matches. So you cannot compare the two GKs that way.

Still those who don't give credit to Valdes are being hypocrites when they give credit to Casillas for keeping clean sheets with Spain.

On topic, i like Kahn the best out the three.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:34 am

Hmm.

Of all the finals the best one for me was against Leverkuzen, upon re-watching he actually had a spectacular game.

I agree with Jibers though, it's not really a defining factor but there is something novel and badass about not conceding a goal in 6 straight major competitive finals over 13 years...each playing with a different team around you.

I think tho, in every single one of my favorite Iker games he's conceeded a goal, North Korea, Ireland, Zaragoza , hell he conceeded 4 against Liverpool, clean sheets or goals conceded is not really how to measure how great a goalkeeper is.

I say they all have their strengths and their weaknesses and it comes down to preference at the end of the day.

@Kiranar...Zamora is a season long statistical award...based on team defense, I don't think all the credit should go to Valdes, and I would be the first to tell you how important our defense has been, people severely underrate how many times defense has come through for us, apart from just posession starvation, just plain simple defense has won us titles as well.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:37 am

kiranr wrote:To be fair, Casillas does not play much for Spain as there are much fewer International matches. So you cannot compare the two GKs that way.

Still those who don't give credit to Valdes are being hypocrites when they give credit to Casillas for keeping clean sheets with Spain.

On topic, i like Kahn the best out the three.

The thing is Valdes conceded only 3 less goals then Casillas in La Liga, it's not a huge amazing difference and when you consider the two styles of play and the fact Casillas played more games, I don't see how it's comparable at all.

Anyway enough of Valdes this thread has nothing to do with him

Casillas is the best keeper in the world atm, eary 00's it was Khan, mid 00's it was Buffon and now it's Iker. Simple as.

Whether people like it or not Casillas will go down as the greatest international keeper of all time and one of the best captains in history.

He is already the best keeper in the history of Real Madrid, so his legacy has already been set.

Khan was utter crap at the end of his career for all that watched that melt down, he was absolutely horrid.

Buffon at least is still playing to a high level.

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:41 am

Crimson wrote:

The thing is Valdes conceded only 3 less goals then Casillas in La Liga, it's not a huge amazing difference and when you consider the two styles of play and the fact Casillas played more games, I don't see how it's comparable at all.

Anyway enough of Valdes this thread has nothing to do with him

Agreed. But i was not comparing Valdes with Barca and Casillas with Madrid, but with Casillas of Spain. Anyway, you are right. Let us drop it.
Crimson wrote:

Casillas is the best keeper in the world atm, eary 00's it was Khan, mid 00's it was Buffon and now it's Iker. Simple as.

Whether people like it or not Casillas will go down as the greatest international keeper of all time and one of the best captains in history.

He is already the best keeper in the history of Real Madrid, so his legacy has already been set.

Khan was utter crap at the end of his career for all that watched that melt down, he was absolutely horrid.

Buffon at least is still playing to a high level.

Who do you think was the best during their primes?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:51 am

I wouldn't rate Kahn with Buffon or Casillas, even at his best he was way more error prone and people seem to forget that.

Buffon and Iker for me are on par for when they are at there very best, but the fact Casillas still potentially has 5-7 years left in his career, you would think eventually he will surpass him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:51 am

Casillas only entered his prime years now.I would wait till he finish his career to rank him Smile

Agree with Crim on Khan matter.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Khan :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Crimson wrote:I wouldn't rate Kahn with Buffon or Casillas, even at his best he was way more error prone and people seem to forget that.

Buffon and Iker for me are on par for when they are at there very best, but the fact Casillas still potentially has 5-7 years left in his career, you would think eventually he will surpass him.

people tend to forget that because it was never the case (,at his best). what utter rubbish, you just disqualified yourself.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:
Crimson wrote:I wouldn't rate Kahn with Buffon or Casillas, even at his best he was way more error prone and people seem to forget that.

people tend to forget that because it was never the case (,at his best). what utter rubbish, you just disqualified yourself.

Watching Kahn via youtube does not count, ask any expert and they will agree he was very error prone. Especially after his efforts at the World Cup, people may have brushed it aside because Bayern won the title in 03 but the following season he got even worse lmao

Go read some articles back then, especially the German ones lol

Buffon and Casillas are in a whole different level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:49 pm

I notice teams create more chances vs Spain than they do vs Barca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Kahn was incredible in 2002 WC, but he was s**t in the final. That's why I say Iker is better. You can't win against his team in a final. He's the ultimate big game player.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:43 pm

1) it's Kahn.
2) Comparing him with prime Buffon is ok, but Casillas isn't even in the same league
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:44 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:1) it's Kahn.
2) Comparing him with prime Buffon is ok, but Casillas isn't even in the same league

You're right Casillas is leagues ahead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next