Khedria vs Busquests

Khedria vs Busquests Vote_lcap41%Khedria vs Busquests Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 11 ]
Khedria vs Busquests Vote_lcap59%Khedria vs Busquests Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 27

Khedria vs Busquests Empty Khedria vs Busquests

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:50 am

Definately will get biased comments from Madrid and Barca fans though who is the better holding midfielder and WHY?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Khedria vs Busquests Empty Re: Khedria vs Busquests

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:00 am

Busquets.

Great positional sense, can read the game and knows how to defend.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:18 am

If the question simply relates to who is the better holding midfielder, then Busquets comfortably in my opinion. Khedira's not simply a defensive anchor though, so the question is unfair to the German in my eyes, at least given how I interpret the role of a holding midfielder. For such a role, Busquets' positional sense and reading of the game makes him stand out, where as Khedira's qualities lend themselves to a freer role.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:52 am

well since khedira doesnt play as a holding midfielder id say busquets..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:24 am

Busquets
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:05 am

Khedira is more of an attacking threat.... He is good header of the ball (during corners) he is B2B which means he gets in box and provides options, has good shots!

Busquets is a better passer... Khedira has better workrate and stamina... busquets has better vision and teamwork...

Khedira for me... but if real madrid were a purely possession team, Busquets would be better.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:38 am

Khedira is in no way a holding midfielder, such a fail lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 am

Different players, both have things that the other one can't do. Pointless discussion.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:30 am

Yeah Khedira is no DM.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 pm

Khedira plays DM for Madrid, in the German team he's less restricted and plays a B2B role, as he did in the 2010 World Cup and the 2012 Euros.

Busquets is not a typical DM more of a CM, Xavi used to play a similar role when Deco and Ronaldinho were bossing the Barcelona midfield. Busquets is a light weight and not a great tackler, he's more of an interceptor, he fits in the Barcelona system but I doubt if anyone would be rating him this highly if he played for any other top side in Europe. He's also made a skill for milking challenges to halt play, whenever he loses possession.

I think Busquets would be a misfit at Real Madrid, he'll just be as useful as Granero in the DM role of the double pivot. Same can be said of Khedira at Barcelona.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:20 pm

buddytaller wrote:Khedira plays DM for Madrid, in the German team he's less restricted and plays a B2B role, as he did in the 2010 World Cup and the 2012 Euros.

Busquets is not a typical DM more of a CM, Xavi used to play a similar role when Deco and Ronaldinho were bossing the Barcelona midfield. Busquets is a light weight and not a great tackler, he's more of an interceptor, he fits in the Barcelona system but I doubt if anyone would be rating him this highly if he played for any other top side in Europe. He's also made a skill for milking challenges to halt play, whenever he loses possession.

I think Busquets would be a misfit at Real Madrid, he'll just be as useful as Granero in the DM role of the double pivot. Same can be said of Khedira at Barcelona.

Khedira most certainly does not play DM for Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:24 pm

no one plays DM for madrid lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Ganso wrote:no one plays DM for madrid lol

Well if anyone it's Xabi as he does all the defensive duties in midfield, but even then it's iffy, as he's more a deep lying playmaker.

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Crimson wrote:
buddytaller wrote:Khedira plays DM for Madrid, in the German team he's less restricted and plays a B2B role, as he did in the 2010 World Cup and the 2012 Euros.

Buddytaller is clueless. Khedira presses up the pitch. madrid dont have a DM. Busquest is far superior to Khedira in that department. Busquets is betetr off the ball, khedira does more on it. He is more of a b2b mf if anything.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Busquets is a pure DM, while Khedira is B2B.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:55 pm

jibers wrote:
Buddytaller is clueless. Khedira presses up the pitch. madrid dont have a DM. Busquest is far superior to Khedira in that department. Busquets is betetr off the ball, khedira does more on it. He is more of a b2b mf if anything.

You're not making any sense, at Real Madrid, Khedira is very restricted and rarely goes forwards. The only rare exception is when Madrid plays a team that is "parking the bus". In the double pivot he is the one with the most defensive responsibilities, the defensive midfielder.

Alonso plays the deep lying play maker role. When Khedira wins the ball, he lays a simple pass for Alonso, and Alonso distributes the ball to the forwards.

I don't rate Busquets that much anyway, he's just a average player who works well for his teams. In Barcelona they defend more as a team, and his defensive frailties are not exposed, at Madrid, he'd be toasted in every match, since our DM, has to do a lot of work largely on his own.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:49 pm

jibers wrote:
Crimson wrote:

I think that Busquets is better on the ball. I mean, imho, busquets is a better dribbler and better passer...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:55 pm

harhar11 wrote:
jibers wrote:
Crimson wrote:

I think that Busquets is better on the ball. I mean, imho, busquets is a better dribbler and better passer...

sorry what i mean isthat khedira drives the ball forward so is better at attacking much like yaya was, but busquets is betetr at keeping possession (passing, technique etc)
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:00 pm

jibers wrote:

sorry what i mean isthat khedira drives the ball forward so is better at attacking much like yaya was, but busquets is betetr at keeping possession (passing, technique etc)

Ok, now I understand you.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Lass vs busquets
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Love how everyone claims Sergio is better but the poll says even Razz
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 pm

I just voted, Khedira is now leading 9-7. banana
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:22 pm

It's Busquets, no question. Khedira plays more as a Balanced CM than a DM.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Can't believe Busquets is losing this poll. :facepalm:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite