Ganso
Le Samourai
Freeza
68 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Page 20 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:46 pm

I have heard of that movie before, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. My friends say it's one of the better movies they've seen in recent times.

From what I hear it's highly recommended so I think I'll check it out, and I echo the sentiment others should too.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Nike. Just do it.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:28 am

Just watched 'Premium Rush' :bow: awesome flick. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is exceptionally talented :bow: Absolutely love the guy these days, watched the movie just because of him
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:02 am

RedOranje wrote:From the chat today: Teeth

Watch it. DO NOT look it up on wiki or IMDB or anything. Just rent it and watch it.

NO Sad
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:18 pm

I re-watched 127 Hours again last night and was reminded of how good of a movie it is. Fantastic movie, if you haven't checked it out, go ahead and do so. James Franco is amazing, literally a one man show.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Dragon Wasps

Dragon
Wasps

The Movie House - Page 20 Dragon_wasps-title-image
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:09 am

Lawless>>>>>>>>>>>>
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:45 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Lawless>>>>>>>>>>>>

Really I didn't find it to be that great. Tom Hardy was GOAT as usual but for western it just didn't get him as a excited.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:02 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Really I didn't find it to be that great. Tom Hardy was GOAT as usual but for western it just didn't get him as a excited.
Hardy has become a HUGE star of recent. From my head I've watched Warrior, Batman TDKR & Inception. That is a GOAT list to be part of. He's a brilliant actor. Without him Lawless would have been meh....but the movie is GOAT imo because of him.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:12 am

Blue Barrett wrote:

Hardy has become a HUGE star of recent. From my head I've watched Warrior, Batman TDKR & Inception. That is a GOAT list to be part of. He's a brilliant actor. Without him Lawless would have been meh....but the movie is GOAT imo because of him.

Dude I'm drunk I just read my post and it makes no sense Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 am

Blue Barrett wrote:

Dude I'm drunk I just read my post and it makes no sense Laughing
rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:36 am

just finished watching a dark truth, great movie and great acting. Recommend it to everyone

Eva Longoria :bow: whitaker :bow:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 am

I disagree Lawless would have been an average film without Hardy. While Hardy was an absolute stunner performance-wise, the film was just too beautifully shot and well directed to be called average.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:36 pm

RedOranje wrote:Dragon Wasps

Dragon
Wasps

The Movie House - Page 20 Dragon_wasps-title-image

This post is just so full of win.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 am

Finally saw Skyfall. It was built up so much that when I finally saw it, it was a bit underwhelming.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:15 am

Skywas was a bit boring to me too.

btw saw Mr.Nobody...weird but excellent movie.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mƶnchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:48 am

rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:15 am

The TDKR was a flop and that's no hating or exaggeration . I enjoyed the first one more than i could possibly thought of , just loved the 2nd , but i was even dissapointed with the 3rd , having watched it twice already to have some 2nd thoughts.

Sure , it wasn't a bad movie by any means , i was watching with interest and kept me in until the last minute.Score and the pictures were stunning again. Still , so cliched and uninspired unlike the first two.
It's like people like it , as if they have to . Is it that hard to observe the obvious?

I think Nolan , before the movie , gathered everyone and said : " OK people , how we will do this as much cliched as possible? let's hear it " ... don't know where to begin with, actualy. The lame action scenes ? The lord of the rings fight , WITH GUNS ?! cliched lines ? Stupidity of the cops? Batman rising from the pit and letting the rope down for murderers and rapists, to get free ? Laughing
_

Batman

The thing that dissapointed me the most , was how Batman didn't die in the end. He should have died , there's no way his character would sit in Florence and drink coffee with his new chick , cliched-turned-good-Catwoman lol , knowing Gotham will always have problems with crime and live with himself. And i can add a lot to it , but that's just the main reason.

Bruce Wayne , since they decided to invest in his explored-to-the-death character even moaar , they should at least be true to him.
And that's a man who would leave the Batman aside in two occasions only , either because of grandpa-age or death . At least that's the Batman they presented to me in the first two , whatever the cost , Batman would be Batman till his mind and body failed him.

The 2nd most unbelievably stupid part of the movie , which again , doesn't follow with Wayne's/Batman character at all , is how he let himself end up in such condition , he needed a stick to walk ffs , whilst it was mentioned he lead an unhealthy way of life , again totaly contradicts with his character . The real Wayne/Batman , even if he had let the Batman aside , he would still make sure if a day came that Batman was needed again , like it happened with Bane for instance, he would be immediately ready to interveine.

The 3rd part which dissapointed me , was how few of fking Batman we get to see Laughing . Must be like 20 something minutes in almost 3 hours .Holy shit , big rise there Laughing And enough of that are barely exciting to watch . Batman floped in this one and i haven't even got into many more stuff about Batman , how Talia stubs him and he just fking sits there lol or how silly he acts when Alfred says to him that he's in no condition to deal with Bane , but he insists and gets his spine broken lol ..Wayne has always been highly intelligent and clever to go suicidal just for the sake of it and we didn't get to see any detective aspects of his character either.

There are many , many more unecessary bs that not only contradict the Wayne/Batman character but it was really cliched too.

Catwoman

Perfect Catwoman/S.C , but for the ending part , which she becomes Wayne's chick and turns good after all the killing and stealing . And Batman doesn't give a f*ck too ..

Alfred

When they reboot the Batman , they are not finding a replacement for him , unless it's someone like Hopkins , don't know who else will be that perfectly suited and talented to make at least such as good impression as Caine . He was great in every film and had a solid character and continuity throughout all 3 films.

Bane

I liked Bane , even if his lines and role in the storyline was cliched too. Despite what people say about his voice , i enjoyed this by Hardy , gave another dimension to his character . He inspired fear and danger throughout the film , but as time went by , all but got lesser and lesser .. The most funny part was when he put Batman in the most clished prison ever , lol .. Why ?

Batman: why didn't you just kill me? (another cliched line of Batman btw)

Bane :" hmm , your punishment must be moaar clicheed , mr wayne . Watch me from that archaic TV and suffer while i am spanking Gotham's cute little ass. In case you feel better , you can just climb that pit and " caam stop mee if you cannn" "

Laughing

I loved Bane in the end , despite some little details and i expected him to at least meet his fate by Batman , not by Catwoman in any case .

Plot

Let's see...
Terrorist leader amasses an army underground.. check
Bomb.. check
Villain which turns good in the end..check
Main villain reveiled in the end..check
Batman survives an innevitable death in the end.. check
Protagonist gets the girl in the end..check
Same old same old , prison-hope-suffer..check
#wedon'tnegotiatewithterrorists .. check
Bomb prevented from triggering in the last sec ..check
Silly top-cop turns moral in the end , dies against the war vs terrorism.. check
Vilain lets hero live to stop him another day.. check
Vilain loves the girl the protagonist slept with.. check
No important character dies..check

And that's on top of my head.. i am 100% sure there are a lot more , perhaps even more worthy of making the list.
I don't know who may even read all this , but i had to say my part . It was a good movie , not even close to what people rate it , and it felt like an excuse to reboot the series , there's no way Nolan the creator of Inception , B.B and The Dark Knight , the Prestige e.t.c , wouldn't have foreseen these stuff or allow it.

Batman is the chicken with the golden egg and i suppose if it followed on the same page as the dark knight , there wouldn't be a single reason to reboot this anytime soon. I guess now they can , it's confirmed they will afterall.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:19 am

Blue Barrett wrote:

rofl

Spoiler:

rofl lmao rofl
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:28 am

"You have my permission to cry" rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:57 am

Spoiler:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:57 am

Dante wrote:The TDKR was a flop and that's no hating or exaggeration . I enjoyed the first one more than i could possibly thought of , just loved the 2nd , but i was even dissapointed with the 3rd , having watched it twice already to have some 2nd thoughts.

Sure , it wasn't a bad movie by any means , i was watching with interest and kept me in until the last minute.Score and the pictures were stunning again. Still , so cliched and uninspired unlike the first two.
It's like people like it , as if they have to . Is it that hard to observe the obvious?

I think Nolan , before the movie , gathered everyone and said : " OK people , how we will do this as much cliched as possible? let's hear it " ... don't know where to begin with, actualy. The lame action scenes ? The lord of the rings fight , WITH GUNS ?! cliched lines ? Stupidity of the cops? Batman rising from the pit and letting the rope down for murderers and rapists, to get free ? Laughing
_

Batman

The thing that dissapointed me the most , was how Batman didn't die in the end. He should have died , there's no way his character would sit in Florence and drink coffee with his new chick , cliched-turned-good-Catwoman lol , knowing Gotham will always have problems with crime and live with himself. And i can add a lot to it , but that's just the main reason.

Bruce Wayne , since they decided to invest in his explored-to-the-death character even moaar , they should at least be true to him.
And that's a man who would leave the Batman aside in two occasions only , either because of grandpa-age or death . At least that's the Batman they presented to me in the first two , whatever the cost , Batman would be Batman till his mind and body failed him.

The 2nd most unbelievably stupid part of the movie , which again , doesn't follow with Wayne's/Batman character at all , is how he let himself end up in such condition , he needed a stick to walk ffs , whilst it was mentioned he lead an unhealthy way of life , again totaly contradicts with his character . The real Wayne/Batman , even if he had let the Batman aside , he would still make sure if a day came that Batman was needed again , like it happened with Bane for instance, he would be immediately ready to interveine.

The 3rd part which dissapointed me , was how few of fking Batman we get to see Laughing . Must be like 20 something minutes in almost 3 hours .Holy shit , big rise there Laughing And enough of that are barely exciting to watch . Batman floped in this one and i haven't even got into many more stuff about Batman , how Talia stubs him and he just fking sits there lol or how silly he acts when Alfred says to him that he's in no condition to deal with Bane , but he insists and gets his spine broken lol ..Wayne has always been highly intelligent and clever to go suicidal just for the sake of it and we didn't get to see any detective aspects of his character either.

There are many , many more unecessary bs that not only contradict the Wayne/Batman character but it was really cliched too.

Catwoman

Perfect Catwoman/S.C , but for the ending part , which she becomes Wayne's chick and turns good after all the killing and stealing . And Batman doesn't give a f*ck too ..

Alfred

When they reboot the Batman , they are not finding a replacement for him , unless it's someone like Hopkins , don't know who else will be that perfectly suited and talented to make at least such as good impression as Caine . He was great in every film and had a solid character and continuity throughout all 3 films.

Bane

I liked Bane , even if his lines and role in the storyline was cliched too. Despite what people say about his voice , i enjoyed this by Hardy , gave another dimension to his character . He inspired fear and danger throughout the film , but as time went by , all but got lesser and lesser .. The most funny part was when he put Batman in the most clished prison ever , lol .. Why ?

Batman: why didn't you just kill me? (another cliched line of Batman btw)

Bane :" hmm , your punishment must be moaar clicheed , mr wayne . Watch me from that archaic TV and suffer while i am spanking Gotham's cute little ass. In case you feel better , you can just climb that pit and " caam stop mee if you cannn" "

Laughing

I loved Bane in the end , despite some little details and i expected him to at least meet his fate by Batman , not by Catwoman in any case .

Plot

Let's see...
Terrorist leader amasses an army underground.. check
Bomb.. check
Villain which turns good in the end..check
Main villain reveiled in the end..check
Batman survives an innevitable death in the end.. check
Protagonist gets the girl in the end..check
Same old same old , prison-hope-suffer..check
#wedon'tnegotiatewithterrorists .. check
Bomb prevented from triggering in the last sec ..check
Silly top-cop turns moral in the end , dies against the war vs terrorism.. check
Vilain lets hero live to stop him another day.. check
Vilain loves the girl the protagonist slept with.. check
No important character dies..check

And that's on top of my head.. i am 100% sure there are a lot more , perhaps even more worthy of making the list.
I don't know who may even read all this , but i had to say my part . It was a good movie , not even close to what people rate it , and it felt like an excuse to reboot the series , there's no way Nolan the creator of Inception , B.B and The Dark Knight , the Prestige e.t.c , wouldn't have foreseen these stuff or allow it.

Batman is the chicken with the golden egg and i suppose if it followed on the same page as the dark knight , there wouldn't be a single reason to reboot this anytime soon. I guess now they can , it's confirmed they will afterall.

You may not have liked the movie, but that does not make it a flop. A flop is a movie that does very poorly in the box office, usually accompanied by poor critical reviews. TDKR was hugely successful in both areas.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:34 pm

You right , calling this a flop was a wrong definition and i admit i didn't realise it when i was posting . Let's just say it didn't present some certain traits of the Batman universe that i used to grasp as a given . Didn't have any expectations from this movie tbh , i neither expected it to be perfect , nor bad.

Just went to see it with enthusiasm .

I didn't dislike it , in the end. I already mentioned it was a good movie. If that was , let's say , the first movie of the series , i would be excited for the next one.

It's just some parts of it let me down, and i often felt it wasn't true to the character of Batman/Wayne , which is were i mostly found issue with , since it's a Batman movie afterall Laughing .

anyway , i would like to read your opinion about the movie ,
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm not a fan of the Nolanverse Batman movies on the whole. Nor am I a real fan of Batman in general. I can appreciate that the movies were well made, I simply did not enjoy them much.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:10 pm

RedOranje wrote:I'm not a fan of the Nolanverse Batman movies on the whole. Nor am I a real fan of Batman in general. I can appreciate that the movies were well made, I simply did not enjoy them much.

Right. I see where you are coming from. It seems we are on the same page , more or less.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:37 am

What's the best thriller or thriller-crime movies of 2012? Movies where there's a protagonist who has to fight off enemies etc and has a good storyline.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next