Which player would you have most liked to see week in, week out, in their prime?

+41
jibers
vizkosity
DuringTheWar
Vibe
larisano
dostoevsky
Cyborg
LeSwagg James
Jay29
daneq
Blue Barrett
CBarca
Real Kandahar
BarrileteCosmico
billionmillion
RealGunner
Cotes
Rebaño Sagrado
Doc
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
McLewis
isignedupjusttoseesigs
LeBéninois
Die Borussen
fatman123
FennecFox7
alexjanosik
Le Samourai
urbaNRoots
Pedram
samcooke1991
The Messiah
Freeza
Onyx
Ganso
S
rwo power
Zealous
Red Alert
Kick
The Franchise
45 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which player would you have most liked to see week in, week out, in their prime? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which player would you have most liked to see week in, week out, in their prime?

Post by fatman123 Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:47 pm

everyone else here has mentioned many valid names, but to add to that i wouldve loved to have seen a prime Franco Zola, both at Chelsea and earlier in his carear

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Which player would you have most liked to see week in, week out, in their prime? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which player would you have most liked to see week in, week out, in their prime?

Post by Die Borussen Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Zico

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Pélé , cryuff and ronaldo 9 ( amazing in wc 2002 but i would have love to see his inter days )
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:51 pm

matt le tissier
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Paulo Roberto Falcao easily.

Mario Kempes as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Brian Clough

Legendary manager, but many people forget he was also a very good player.

Scored 251 goals in 274 appearances.

He was in his peak at Sunderland scoring 54 in 61 games, Sad but had to retired at 29 due to a cruciate injury.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:08 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:Brian Clough

Legendary manager, but many people forget he was also a very good player.

Scored 251 goals in 274 appearances.

He was in his peak at Sunderland scoring 54 in 61 games, Sad but had to retired at 29 due to a cruciate injury.

Best avatar ever :bow:
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Magico Gonzalez, Falcao (the one McLewis has), Di Stefano and of course, Maradona...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Zealous wrote:I would have loved to see 19 year old Camacho keep Cruyff in his pocket :bow:

Those dreams lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Zealous wrote:I would have loved to see 19 year old Camacho keep Cruyff in his pocket :bow:

I just want to see the legendary tackle Camacho put on Johan. Read he went right into the build boards or something to that effect...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Hugo Sanchez and Jorge Campos
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:30 pm

THE DIVINE TONGUE Razz
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Easily Van Basten, One of the most complete strikers to grace the pitch. Extraordinary player.

Then Liam Brady. A genius in midfield, with a magical left foot. People compare Wilshere with Brady, and by the Old Arsenal matches i have seen, Wilshere should be honored.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:07 pm

All famous players if i have to choice one i will choice most famous one - Maradona
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:44 pm

As an Argentine, I would have cum multiple times had I seen Maradona's 1986 WC goals against the English. So if "would have liked to see him in his prime" means being transported back in time to then, that would be my answer.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:45 pm

As an Argentine, I would have cum multiple times had I seen Maradona's 1986 WC goals against the English. So if "would have liked to see him in his prime" means being transported back in time to then, that would be my answer.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:45 pm

CR7- ZIDANE - henry
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Cruyff, Laudrup, Maradona- the classics.

Would also have liked to seen more of Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Zidane, etc. and then pretty much all the Barca legends Razz

Cruyff #1 though for sure, if I had to pick, then Cruyff.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Oh yeah some defenders too

Nesta,Passarella, Baresi, Beckenbauer, Maldini
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:CR7- ZIDANE - henry

You are currently watching Cristiano, Zidane and Henry are pretty recent unless you are, in fact, 12 years of age.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Doc wrote:

You are currently watching Cristiano, Zidane and Henry are pretty recent unless you are, in fact, 12 years of age.

Prime* .. zidane prime 2000ish... henry 2002... 10-12 yrs ago i was 10 lol
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Puskas, Maradona, Best, Baggio.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Alan shearer at Blackburn... Missed it Sad
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:
Doc wrote:

Prime* .. zidane prime 2000ish... henry 2002... 10-12 yrs ago i was 10 lol
You weren't watching football at 10?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:19 pm

daneq wrote:Alan shearer at Blackburn... Missed it Sad
This too.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Alfredo di Stefano and with that I would also be watching Puskas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next