+2
dronte
Tomwin Lannister
6 posters

Go down

Juventus on Llorente  Empty Juventus on Llorente

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Juventus submit €16m bid for Fernando Llorente

The Old Lady have earmarked the Leones forward as an ideal signing to strengthen their Scudetto-winning squad, but have no interest in Manchester City left-back Aleksandar Kolarov

With Serie A set to resume on August 25, the Italian champions are still searching for a forward, and recent reports have linked the Scudetto winners to a move for the Basque forward, who has scored 69 league goals in the previous five seasons at San Mames.

Goal.com can confirm the Bianconeri's interest, as well as revealing that they have already presented an offer of €16 million for the 27-year-old Pamplona-born target man.

Llorente has not yet renewed his contract with the Europa League runners-up, which is due to run out in 2013, and Atheltic could, therefore, decide to let him go rather than risk losing him for free next summer.

Should Leones president Josu Urrutia accept Juve's offer, the Italian side will then have to persuade Llorente to accept a contract proposal, with the attacker reportedly asking for up to €5m a season, a fee that Old Lady director Giuseppe Marotta would like to reduce.

Meanwhile, the Italians are not targeting Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov despite recent rumours, and would instead prefer to seek Atalanta's Federico Peluso.

A key issue behind the deal is that Kolarov does not hold an EU passport, which has impacted on the Old Lady's interest.

It's goal.com but it seems reasonable. And if that price is accepted that's a good bit of business for Juventus.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juventus on Llorente  Empty Re: Juventus on Llorente

Post by dronte Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:56 pm

16mill is more than a reasonable price for him, especially looking at the current prices of players (eg Lucas 43mil LOL)

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:58 pm

How does Kolarov not have an EU passport?

(@ that part of the article)

Meanwhile, the Italians are not targeting Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov despite recent rumours, and would instead prefer to seek Atalanta's Federico Peluso.

A key issue behind the deal is that Kolarov does not hold an EU passport, which has impacted on the Old Lady's interest.

Anyways, I have mixed feelings about Llorente but I have no doubt that he is an upgrade to Juventus' misfiring attack

I like that of all the Spanish clubs, he is from Bilbao. A club really known for their fighting spirit

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Didn't really pay attention to Kolarov part, with Juve being linked with Armero. I imagined he had a passport being at city for a while.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:54 pm

I dont know about Armero - Id LOVE to have him, hes a beast - but with Asamoah doing so well on the left flank, do we need to spend more money on that side of the pitch? I think not - I think having Asamoah, DeCeglie and Ziegler (he wont stay, but I think he should - i quite like him) should be enough. If not, Peluso will be much cheaper and happier to stay on the bench.

Use that money, add it to the striker fund, and get ourselves a top notch forward.

16m for Llorente is a good buy. I say go for it. We dearly miss a tall target man capable of taking on defenders on our counter attacking play. most of our play is built through midfield/Pirlo. We really should have the option of 'hit it long to a target man' in our pocket when we need it.

As much as Im grateful to Matri for what hes done for us (and lets face it, hes been a very good servant for Juve), we just need that one step up in quality.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DreadAndrea Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:58 am

Juve needs two new strikers not just one.

Gio Matri and Quags is just not worthy of being first choices so that leaves an injury prone hot and cold Vuci but its just not near the quality needed for competing in CL.

I like Vucinic a lot though and think he finally after his Lecce years deserves an entire season upfront and not as this crappy winger position he has always been played at every second game but he needs a top notch striker to partner him and another at his level for rotating, competition and injury spells.

I would love for Vucinic to be first choice this season alongside a quality striker.

Also Del Piero is gone and so surely Juve needs to spend big upfront as to not go from heaven to hell and Agnelli & Elkann knows this.

The least juve can do is JoJo and Lorente.

DreadAndrea
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:10 am

Tuttosport reports Athletic Bilbao are asking for £17 million for the forward, who only has a year to run on his contract. Tuttosport claimed on Saturday that Juventus had tabled a bid in the region of £12.5 million, which had been turned down by Bilbao.

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Marotta confirmed we are in talks over his signing.

http://football-italia.net/22899/juve-were-llorente-talks

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:06 pm

I'll just be happy to see a new CF come into our team. What I love about him potentially coming to Juventus is Pirlo will have a 6 foot 5, strong striker to aim at all day long. He also has a better touch than Matri most of the time.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Doubt Bilbao will sell him for less of 20m and their not a selling club to begin with.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Nameless wrote:Doubt Bilbao will sell him for less of 20m and their not a selling club to begin with.

Bielsa and Llorente don't get on and Llorente wants away from him. I doubt £12.5m would be enough but I think £15m would get him. They're risking him riding his contract out and going for free so you never know.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum