Is Ashley Young......

+3
Zizi_Red
MindGames7
Dutti
7 posters

Go down

Is Ashley Young...... Empty Is Ashley Young......

Post by Dutti Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:34 am

a better crosser on the right side of midfield?

From the last game against Hannover, I think he is.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Is Ashley Young...... Empty Re: Is Ashley Young......

Post by MindGames7 Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:20 pm

He's more experienced cutting in and crossing or shooting from the left, so maybe it was just that game. However, it wouldn't surprise me if you're right, as he is right footed after all and crosses that swing away from the keeper are genearlly more dangerous. That's why I think a left footed winger or defender of the mould of Marcelo, Bale, Adriano would be the best signing we could make this summer, even if it meant sacrificing Nani or Young. Unfortunately, I don't think that player is out there.

Maybe Jesse Lingard will step up and make that role his own. The left wing spot is definitely up for grabs. Even Cleverley and Welbeck have the potential to take that spot from Nani and Young this season.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizi_Red Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Hope Lingard gets some first team opportunities this season, kid looks like a real gem in the making. Surprised no one has been saying anything about him. Is he left footed ?
Zizi_Red
Zizi_Red
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:57 am

Young will never be United quality. Nani should have gottne the number 7 shirt
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 am

What am I seeing, two new United fans in here? Surely that's just temporary :coffee:

Young is better on the left.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 am

Zizi_Red wrote:Hope Lingard gets some first team opportunities this season, kid looks like a real gem in the making. Surprised no one has been saying anything about him. Is he left footed ?

Lingard is really exciting. The best thing about him is the way he passes, he has a brilliant feel for the weight and accuracy of a pass, and he's very creative. He's not like Nani where he dribbles at the full-back, and he's not like Valencia where he kicks the ball past him and keeps putting in crosses until it works. He links up with the midfielders and strikers and only plays the cross or through ball when the time is right, which is exactly what the perfect winger should do.

Out of all the forward players in the reserves, he's the one that impresses me the most.

I think the ones that will make it into the first team are him, Tunnicliffe, one or two of the defenders and maybe Petrucci.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:What am I seeing, two new United fans in here? Surely that's just temporary :coffee:

dafuq lol
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:13 pm

vizkosity wrote:
Art Morte wrote:What am I seeing, two new United fans in here? Surely that's just temporary :coffee:

dafuq lol

One week. :coffee:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:45 pm

As I recall from last season, he often crossed the ball too far to the right. However, against Hannover, every single cross that he made from the right was deadly and accurate. As a right side midfielder, he could cross it early - which is something he rarely does on the left - and the ball would find the right player at the right spot. Even though he spent the entire of last season as a left side midfielder, he was somewhat more impressive with his crosses from the right in just one game.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Zero wrote:One week. :coffee:

338 posts since 2007.

I like that you seem to practice what you preach in your signature (although I would argue that if every man were wise, ie. everything that everyone had to say was worth saying, then the ones that said the most wise things would be the wisest. Kind of like the goal difference of wiseness Laughing).
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:16 am

MindGames7 wrote:

338 posts since 2007.

I like that you seem to practice what you preach in your signature (although I would argue that if every man were wise, ie. everything that everyone had to say was worth saying, then the ones that said the most wise things would be the wisest. Kind of like the goal difference of wiseness Laughing).
MindGames7 wrote:

338 posts since 2007.

Why are you too butthurt over this? scratch

There were two people who registered, and if you bother too much about this might just show that you care as f*ck then welcome to the desert of GL. Very Happy

I may have 338 posts but that is because most of the time I am content on lurking around these forums.

Back on topic, I think Young should stick on the left flank and Nani/Valencia on the right.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum