The Messiah
stevieg8
Nishankly
Emaharg
McAgger
64 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:52 am

Red Alert wrote:Eh. Somewhat good news I guess.

On high wages, but given our current position it's well deserved. He's also going to improve. It's not like we're offering that sort of contract to players past their prime like Joe Cole...

He's already arguably the most talented player at the club right now... lol

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread

Post by jibers Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:13 am

I hope he doesn't get burnt out. He has amazing talent. If he can sort out his finishing, he will become even more lethal.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:38 am

I'm in two minds about this. Too much for a 20-yo, but at least he's not going anywhere now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:40 am

enough money to send his 7 kids to college now Proud
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:57 am

Meh worth is meaningless, you are only worth what you have the leverage to negotiate.

That is it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:59 am

Dont shoot the messenger. I came across this on redcafe.

According to the Webster's rule (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling) the bill to buy out the remaining two years of his contract and leave on a free is £3 million.

So got naturally curious. Is this true ? Its kinda absurd. Has something like this ever happened ? 3 million! Shocked
So does this mean mean if pool continue in their refusal to grant him a new contract, he can just say fek off and can simply walk off to man city or chelsea for peanuts ?. Shocked

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:04 am

Enjoy !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:17 am

He will be the biggest scum if he actually does that.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:23 am

Not footballer would do that, they like their money too much.

Why do you think no one puts in a formal written transfer request any more? they would lose their loyalty bonus.

Webster rule isn't exactly new, it's been around for years and yet no footballer actually does it. If i had to guess it's just some negotiating from Sterling's people and Liverpool, he'll sign eventually IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:24 am

Why? He is a pro, he has a right to make as much money as he can. It's not like Liverpool are holding out because of a lack of funds, they don't think he is worth that money. Of someone else does then who can blame him for moving?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:28 am

Exactly.

I think Liverpool have severe self esteem issues.

This great historical club, yet with Suarez leaving and Sturridge injured they relied on a barely 20 year old youngster to carry them.

Now that he has a few weaker games and didn't all alone carry them to the CL and league win, they suddenly go all 'it's an honour to play for Liverpool you moneygrabbing overrated scrub' on Sterling lol.
It's pretty hilarious, and sad.

We'll take him, thank you very much.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:37 am

If someone else is willing to pay him more, then they can just come in, meet our valuation of him, and take him.

We don't think he's worth 150k a week and frankly not once in his career ever he's shown to be even close to that money so far. People are projecting him to become world class so if anybody is idiotic enough to fall for that and pay insane money for potential, be our guest.

More important players in our team are asking and are on less money than what he wants.

It's not as if we're low-balling him either. We're offering him 100k which puts him among top 3 best paid players in our club, and is still too much for what he's shown.

Which 20 year old in the world of football is getting paid 150k I wonder?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:41 am

Don't call me James wrote:"]If someone else is willing to pay him more, then they can just come in, meet our valuation of him, and take him.

We don't think he's worth 150k a week and frankly not once in his career ever he's shown to be even close to that money so far. People are projecting him to become world class so if anybody is idiotic enough to fall for that and pay insane money for potential, be our guest.

More important players in our team are asking and are on less money than what he wants.

It's not as if we're low-balling him either. We're offering him 100k which puts him among top 3 best paid players in our club, and is still too much for what he's shown.

Which 20 year old in the world of football is getting paid 150k I wonder?

Don't call me James wrote:
RED wrote:Great player, I'm a big fan of his already. What I like most about him is his dribbling. The way he can dribble with speed in tight spaces...his composure and decision making, for such a young guy, is extremely impressive.

He's the real deal. Will be a star in a couple of years.

The thing is, will LFC be able to hang onto him?.........

When have we let go of a WC prospect before???

hmm

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:41 am

He grew up a United fan(had to mention that :'P), has no ties to Liverpool like Gerrard, he isn't emotionally attached to the club like the fans would want him to. If he feels he's good enough to play for a better team who will value him what he thinks he's worth, then he'll leave without considering what the club or fans think of him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:42 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Meh worth is meaningless, you are only worth what you have the leverage to negotiate.

That is it.

If he can negotiate a 150k p/w contract then that's what he's worth tbh. But i struggle to see him being able to do that. What ever he manages to negotiate for himself is what he's worth.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:44 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
RED wrote:Great player, I'm a big fan of his already. What I like most about him is his dribbling. The way he can dribble with speed in tight spaces...his composure and decision making, for such a young guy, is extremely impressive.

He's the real deal. Will be a star in a couple of years.

The thing is, will LFC be able to hang onto him?.........

hmm

You're so good at quoting people, why don't you find me a quote which I made a long time ago saying Sterling will leave us a la Owen.

I don't doubt Sterling will leave for more money and fame somewhere else in the future. Nobody at Liverpool thinks he will stay on like Gerrard.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:46 am

Hames, it's not that I'm particularly 'good at quoting', rather that it's so easy to quote you against yourself Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:50 am

A 20 year old turning down 100k a week, more money than many, many people earn in a year. Coz he wants an extra 50k.

rofl

He wants to leave LFC. Point blank. It's obviously not just about the money, imo. Had Liverpool continued from last season and challenged for the league this season, signed better players and had a decent run in the CL, he would have signed long time ago.

He's looking after his future.

Good lad Proud
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:51 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:"]

hmm

What's the point of quoting me here anyways? I genuinely don't understand.

So what, Sterling will be the first WC prospect we let go. The post is saying we've never let one go before. Things change. For example, prior to 1970s Bayern was a worthless club akin to the likes of Derby County. Things changed and they became a powerhouse in the 70s.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:53 am

McAgger chill lol, he's just taking the piss. No one is serious here.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:53 am

At the very least, you can't fault him for wanting him to keep his options open for now.

It's an important decision whether to stay, when he might have offers from the best clubs, and also from City and Utd.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:55 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:"]

hmm

What's the point of quoting me here anyways? I genuinely don't understand.

So what, Sterling will be the first WC prospect we let go. The post is saying we've never let one go before. Things change. For example, prior to 1970s Bayern was a worthless club akin to the likes of Derby County. Things changed and they became a powerhouse in the 70s.

It's not hard to understand why I quoted you is it?

Because in the post today you laughed off how gullible people might fall for the claim he might become world class and that they can have him if they think so, when back then you claimed you would not let him go since he is a WC prospect.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:56 am

RED wrote:A 20 year old turning down 100k a week, more money than many, many people earn in a year. Coz he wants an extra 50k.

rofl
Court fees are expensive ffs. £50k could mean the difference between being represented by Johnnie Cochran or Louis Tully
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:59 am

Lex wrote:
RED wrote:A 20 year old turning down 100k a week, more money than many, many people earn in a year. Coz he wants an extra 50k.

rofl
Court fees are expensive ffs. £50k could mean the difference between being represented by Johnnie Cochran or Louis Tully

Not to mention all those child support fees. Sad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:03 am

Its not about what he wants to earn. Instead its about how less he has been earning for the last 3 years. May be in 2012 when he signed a new contract 30k would have been an ideal sum. But after 3 or if more precisely 2.5 years of good showing, sterling deserved more than that measly amount of money. I doubt he would be demanding 150k if he had had a bonus clause based on performance in his contract. Like a 10-20% raise or something every year. He must have felt deceived and this extra 50k or whatever it is would possibly be to vent his disappointment of being underpaid for 2 seasons.

In the end though after all these preachings of prestige and pride, I can see pool relaxing the grip and giving him something like a 120k. Even amid all these tough guy talk, they in the inner circles would actually be fretting over the thought of him leaving. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:McAgger chill lol, he's just taking the piss. No one is serious here.

You should listen to your own advice once in a while. Hint: The Pardew thread.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next