Juve face Llorente bidding war

+2
salmano9
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

Juve face Llorente bidding war Empty Juve face Llorente bidding war

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:34 am

Juventus have reportedly bid €16m for Fernando Llorente, but face competition from Barcelona, Tottenham and Manchester City.

The Spanish international striker told Athletic Bilbao this week that he does not want to renew his contract, which expires in June 2013.

Juve have confirmed their interest in the hitman and reportedly made an offer of €16m, but it is considered too low for Athletic.

According to Catalan newspaper Sport, Barcelona are diving in with their own proposal, although they would prefer to wait until he is a free agent next summer.

Tottenham are more likely rivals for his signature, as it is rumoured they have bid €25m for Llorente.

Manchester City can also wait in the wings as a bidding war breaks out in Bilbao.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juve face Llorente bidding war Empty Re: Juve face Llorente bidding war

Post by salmano9 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:35 am

uuuuuhhhhh!!! it will be the same exact thing that happened with aguero last year....!!!! From where will marrota get the money for the biding war?!?!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:59 am

City, no way they will get another striker. If they do, then I lose faith in football.

Barca? Please, they don't use his type of player well. Messi will run through the middle and buying a CF ala Ibra and playing him out wide is pointless.

Tottenham. They need a striker but they can't offer him anything more than Bilbao apart from the Premier League attraction. No point moving.

Juventus is his best option by far.

I am grateful for all Marotta has done but if we can't sign just one big striker after years of failing because another club is interested then it's about time we payed over the odds for this one individual position. It's fine dealing for midfielders and defenders but if Juventus want a quality striker then they'll have to compete with other financially capable clubs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:00 am

Dont say that we are favorites when THERE ARE OTHER CLUBS CHASING HIM
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by DreadAndrea Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Even though I have this economical viewpoint i got to agree with TomJuve.

I think 20 mill is max to pay for Llorente but that is if 30 mill would be enough for Jovetic if he is not for sale or Fio is asking for more like 40 mill then no one available is better than Llorente and then he would definitly be worth the 30 mill Bilbao might be asking for.

DreadAndrea
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Yeah, I think the journalist who wrote that and added Manc City and Barca has just made himself look stupid. Neither of those clubs need Llorente.

Tottenham and Arsenal could be interested, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by k2blt Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Tottenham & Arsenal are the only other 2 clubs that I worry about in this Lorrente situation. I don't see him as the type of player who is going to leave behind his status as a club icon to being on the bench week after week... EPL has always been an attractive league for footballers & Arsenal & Tottenham are competetive teams in the league. Barca has it's obvious draw of winning titles, but as said a few posts up, Barca do not utilize players with his strengths too effectively. I know he's more than a target man, but why would Barca spend when they've got such depth already.

For some reason, I feel as if he will come here... and I would certainly not complain about having him in our ranks.

k2blt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down