Luca
Casciavit
Juveman17
7 posters

Go down

Del Piero vs Totti  Empty Del Piero vs Totti

Post by Juveman17 Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Opinions?

Please discuss it honestly, I would like to see what other people think about Del Piero vs Totti.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Del Piero vs Totti  Empty Re: Del Piero vs Totti

Post by Casciavit Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:41 am

A Topic many Italians fans of Roma and Juve like to discuss which one of their idols is better Francesco Totti or Alessandro Del Piero. Surprised no one made any comment so far. They are serie a icons. I'll start off with their positives then ill say why i think ***** is the better player.

Del Piero is a second striker that drifts to the left wing. Del Piero's known for his dribbling his amazing shot and for his leadership and loyalty. He has broken many juventus records ex all time goal scorer for juve.

Totti's a trequartista who has been deployed as a left winger and false number 9 in his career. Totti's known for his creativity on the ball and Play making. He's also known for his leadership and loyalty. He's broken many roma records ex all time goal scorer for roma.

Now your asking who's the better player right? I say Totti Well I'll tell you reasons why.

Totti has been deployed in many positions for Roma attacking midfielder, left winger, second striker, false number 9. So he's been tested in many positions. He's a bigger attacking threat in more positions on the field then Del Piero is. Also Totti was not surrounded by as many great players with roma as was Del Piero with juventus. If you compare the difference in quality of the 2001 scudetto winning roma team agansit the 2005 scudeto winning juventus (before it got revoked) you could see a huge difference in the quality of team mates Del Piero and Totti had.

Romas usual line up was a 3-4-1-2 which usually consisted of samuel totti cafu and batistuta

Juventus line up was a 4-4-2 which usually consisted of del piero nedved camoranesi thuram cannavaro zambrotta and emerson .

The difference in quality speaks for itself Totti has always played with a worse team then del piero has. True Del Pieros club achievements sh*t on Totti's but Totti has his fare share of individual achievements. More then Del Piero has I believe. Also Totti has more goals and has more of an influence when hes playing with roma then Del Piero has with Juventus.

Del Piero is a great player dont get me wrong a true football icon amazing shot on the ball and his leadership and attitude and loyalty . i just think a lot of people here say hes better because he has a better attitude then Totti and because most people here on this forum are juve supporters.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:49 am

This belongs here:

Anyways, I'm completely biased.
Let's just say:
-Both are club icons
-Both are Italian legends
-Both are world champions
-Both are legends

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:27 am

AL3 wrote:A Topic many Italians fans of Roma and Juve like to discuss which one of their idols is better Francesco Totti or Alessandro Del Piero. Surprised no one made any comment so far. They are serie a icons. I'll start off with their positives then ill say why i think ***** is the better player.

Del Piero is a second striker that drifts to the left wing. Del Piero's known for his dribbling his amazing shot and for his leadership and loyalty. He has broken many juventus records ex all time goal scorer for juve.

Totti's a trequartista who has been deployed as a left winger and false number 9 in his career. Totti's known for his creativity on the ball and Play making. He's also known for his leadership and loyalty. He's broken many roma records ex all time goal scorer for roma.

Now your asking who's the better player right? I say Totti Well I'll tell you reasons why.

Totti has been deployed in many positions for Roma attacking midfielder, left winger, second striker, false number 9. So he's been tested in many positions. He's a bigger attacking threat in more positions on the field then Del Piero is. Also Totti was not surrounded by as many great players with roma as was Del Piero with juventus. If you compare the difference in quality of the 2001 scudetto winning roma team agansit the 2005 scudeto winning juventus (before it got revoked) you could see a huge difference in the quality of team mates Del Piero and Totti had.

Romas usual line up was a 3-4-1-2 which usually consisted of samuel totti cafu and batistuta

Juventus line up was a 4-4-2 which usually consisted of del piero nedved camoranesi thuram cannavaro zambrotta and emerson .

The difference in quality speaks for itself Totti has always played with a worse team then del piero has. True Del Pieros club achievements sh*t on Totti's but Totti has his fare share of individual achievements. More then Del Piero has I believe. Also Totti has more goals and has more of an influence when hes playing with roma then Del Piero has with Juventus.

Del Piero is a great player dont get me wrong a true football icon amazing shot on the ball and his leadership and attitude and loyalty . i just think a lot of people here say hes better because he has a better attitude then Totti and because most people here on this forum are juve supporters.

Great post and I do have to agree with you that it was harder for Totti to win as much as Del Piero has due to the quality of his teammates. And most people do view Del Piero as such a great player due to is loyalty, attitude, and honesty. It's a tough debate.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:28 am

Luca wrote:This belongs here:

Anyways, I'm completely biased.
Let's just say:
-Both are club icons
-Both are Italian legends
-Both are world champions
-Both are legends

They will both be remembered as great captains for their respective clubs.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Totti is by far the better Player and im a huge Del Piero admirers.
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Skill wise i prefer ADP but i have to admit that Totti is a more complete player, he's a better finisher, more direct and decisive, and has better stamina.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Totti is skill wise criminally underrated.The thing with Totti is that he is lazy and slow so dribbling would not work.You can see his technique when gets the ball and moves with the ball than you could see he could dribble but in the end he has not the pace for it.
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:25 pm

I respect both of them very much but from what i've seen, Del Piero impressed me a little more Very Happy.

Two of the greatest players in the history of football...and people are talking more about Messi and Ronaldo :facepalm: . I still prefer talking about Alex Del Piero and Totti with my friends; of course it depends what kind of friends do you have Smile.

Italy

:bow:

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 am

hmm the one who scored more , duh rofl
Lupi