In Football world, what's the difference between a release clause and a buy-out clause.?

+2
Onyx
The Messiah
6 posters

Go down

In Football world, what's the difference between a release clause and a buy-out clause.?  Empty In Football world, what's the difference between a release clause and a buy-out clause.?

Post by The Messiah Wed 22 Aug - 17:09:15

Based on Martinez prolong transfer, I'm starting to feel as if there is different between this two terms.

I think

A release clause is when a player pays a fixed amount to become a free agent, and his current club can only accept the bid if it is made by the player himself.

A boy-out clause is fixed amount that a buying club pays the selling club and in this case they are obligated to accept the bid.

I don't understand why Bilbao are still refusing our 40million.

Can someone with better football knowledge please clarify this and draw a distinction between the two terms./

Thank you.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

In Football world, what's the difference between a release clause and a buy-out clause.?  Empty Re: In Football world, what's the difference between a release clause and a buy-out clause.?

Post by Onyx Wed 22 Aug - 17:16:44

Release clause is something the club has to accept if another club bids?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

In Football world, what's the difference between a release clause and a buy-out clause.?  Empty Re: In Football world, what's the difference between a release clause and a buy-out clause.?

Post by rwo power Wed 22 Aug - 17:32:54

The Messiah wrote:I don't understand why Bilbao are still refusing our 40million.
But it is obvious: there are elections for the club presidency in Autumn and the fans don't want to see Martinez go, and as the Bilbao president doesn't want to ruin his chance to get re-elected, he has to keep him in any way possible.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed 22 Aug - 17:39:24

rwo power wrote:
The Messiah wrote:I don't understand why Bilbao are still refusing our 40million.
But it is obvious: there are elections for the club presidency in Autumn and the fans don't want to see Martinez go, and as the Bilbao president doesn't want to ruin his chance to get re-elected, he has to keep him in any way possible.

But we've matched the 40million buy-out clause, he's obligated by law to accept it, it's no longer in his power.

President or no president, election or no election.

The player wants to leave as well.

Last edited by The Messiah on Wed 22 Aug - 17:51:20; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 22 Aug - 17:44:07

Isn't it a buy out clause?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed 22 Aug - 17:52:35

mtfootball wrote:Isn't it a buy out clause?

Whats the difference between a release clause and a buy-out clause..?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug - 18:19:18

I guess release clause means that the club is obliged to release the player once the stipulated value is met by the bidder. Buy-out clause means that the club still has the power to accept the bid or reject it. Not sure if what I said is correct eco smile

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 22 Aug - 20:16:44

In spanish law release clause and buy-out are the same.

Dont know elsewhere.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed 22 Aug - 20:21:56

The Messiah wrote:Based on Martinez prolong transfer, I'm starting to feel as if there is different between this two terms.

I think

A release clause is when a player pays a fixed amount to become a free agent, and his current club can only accept the bid if it is made by the player himself.

A boy-out clause is fixed amount that a buying club pays the selling club and in this case they are obligated to accept the bid.

I don't understand why Bilbao are still refusing our 40million.

Can someone with better football knowledge please clarify this and draw a distinction between the two terms./

Thank you.

LOL

Anyways Martinez would be good at Bayern but what if city bid for him?

I thought it meant the same thing.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed 22 Aug - 20:24:46

free_cat wrote:In spanish law release clause and buy-out are the same.

Dont know elsewhere.

Then why are Bilbao not accepting the 40million bid...?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed 22 Aug - 20:29:42

6 million in taxes have to be paid!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 22 Aug - 20:55:36

The Messiah wrote:

Dont know elsewhere.

There's a complicated clause or something in Javi Martinez' contract?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed 22 Aug - 20:58:02

mtfootball wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Dont know elsewhere.

There's a complicated clause or something in Javi Martinez' contract?

I understand the contract was drafted in such a way that it will be complicated, but Bilbao can really make thing easy by accepting the bid from us directly .

they are complicating things by asking Martinez to make the bid himself and that's where the complication and stall lies.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed 22 Aug - 23:25:33

I don't think there is a difference at all between the two, different countries have different laws and different players have different contracts, let me tell you how i see the situation:

Bilbao is *bleep* from its inception, if you only use basque players then money is insignificant, they cannot buy another player like Martinez because there is no other Basque like Martinez.

I can only see two real situations that are happening right now:

1.- Apparently there is a situation in Spanish football where both club and player have to pay to buy out his contract and Bilbao are using this to try and make Martinez pay some taxes, try and loophole with legal grey areas which obviously won't be resolved before the end of the transfer window. This will force him to stay at least until the winter window, maybe the elections will be resolved by then.

2.- Its BS, Bayern does not want to pay 40mE and has not bought him out. I know you don't think this is the case, but 40mE is a boatload of money for a conservative club like Bayern which posts earnings year after year after year. They already bought Shakiri, do they normally have a 80m Transfer kitty? Bayern might be trying to pressure Bilbao into letting Martinez go for a more sensible price, making him seem like he doesn't want to be there anymore.

Any scenario as i said, Bilbao are *bleep*. The would rather keep an unhappy player than have to use another squad player.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu 23 Aug - 0:07:39

Both our President and Chairman have said they are willing to pay 40million since Martinez will reduce his wages by 2million and in 5years that will amount to 10million.

I don't see any reason why Bayern professional board will say it on Bayern tv that they have offered 40million and also in 2007 we spent 93million that season and 79million n 2009, so why can't we spend 67 now, it's not like we're poor club, just cpl prize money alone we cover the transfer
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down