[ 2 ]
Will we sign a striker? Vote_lcap14%Will we sign a striker? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Will we sign a striker? Vote_lcap43%Will we sign a striker? Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Will we sign a striker? Vote_lcap0%Will we sign a striker? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Will we sign a striker? Empty Will we sign a striker?

Post by Kick Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:38 am

Not long now till the transfer window slams shut and having signed 6 players so far we are looking pretty peachy. Our CF is a little thin though and unlike what some women think, Thin is bad. With only Torres and Sturridge who can adequately play there we might need a cheap back up. Unless the squad plans on using a youth player such as Bamford. We could also play someone out of position there such as Hazard or Mata in false 9, Lampard for his goal scoring threat, DL4 for his awesomeness, Ramires for his versatility, or perhaps Moses?

So do you guys think we will sign a striker before the window closes or are we going to leave our strike force as it is? We could certainly spend the rest of the window finding a bargain and buying them on the last day.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Will we sign a striker? Empty Re: Will we sign a striker?

Post by Shed Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:50 am

Well, I've already voiced my opinion on this issue on here. I think another center-forward is a must. Even if Torres and Sturridge WERE both in brilliant form, only two strikers at a club in Chelsea's position just isn't enough. If one of them were to get injured and be sidelined for any length of time, I'd fear for us. That would mean the other would have to play every single game, in every single competition, until the other returns to fitness. And this isn't even taking into account the flagrant doubts surrounding both of them and whether or not even they themselves are consistent and reliable enough as our strikers. The uncertainties with Torres are pretty obvious, and we've never even seen Sturridge play down the middle in a Chelsea shirt, and there's no telling what kind of a success or failure it would be.

It would be foolish to anticipate or expect yet another big-money marquee signing to be brought in this summer, so I really have no clue what the club's thinking on this issue is. All I know is they will likely be making a big mistake relying on just those two for the entire season.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:02 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:Well, I've already voiced my opinion on this issue on here. I think another center-forward is a must. Even if Torres and Sturridge WERE both in brilliant form, only two strikers at a club in Chelsea's position just isn't enough. If one of them were to get injured and be sidelined for any length of time, I'd fear for us. That would mean the other would have to play every single game, in every single competition, until the other returns to fitness. And this isn't even taking into account the flagrant doubts surrounding both of them and whether or not even they themselves are consistent and reliable enough as our strikers. The uncertainties with Torres are pretty obvious, and we've never even seen Sturridge play down the middle in a Chelsea shirt, and there's no telling what kind of a success or failure it would be.

It would be foolish to anticipate or expect yet another big-money marquee signing to be brought in this summer, so I really have no clue what the club's thinking on this issue is. All I know is they will likely be making a big mistake relying on just those two for the entire season.

Nando from his liverpool days was prety injury prone too. I think last season was a pretty good indicator that we can go a whole season with only 2 CF's as Sturridge barely played there and Anelka barely played but I don't like the idea of risking it.

I would love for us to pluck a gem out of South America or somewhere to fill that third spot. However, I doubt we can do that in a week. The other option is going for a Berbatov/Owen/Heskey/Santa Cruz type signing. Experienced and can score goals (a part from Heskey).
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:08 am

Kick wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:Well, I've already voiced my opinion on this issue on here. I think another center-forward is a must. Even if Torres and Sturridge WERE both in brilliant form, only two strikers at a club in Chelsea's position just isn't enough. If one of them were to get injured and be sidelined for any length of time, I'd fear for us. That would mean the other would have to play every single game, in every single competition, until the other returns to fitness. And this isn't even taking into account the flagrant doubts surrounding both of them and whether or not even they themselves are consistent and reliable enough as our strikers. The uncertainties with Torres are pretty obvious, and we've never even seen Sturridge play down the middle in a Chelsea shirt, and there's no telling what kind of a success or failure it would be.

Nando from his liverpool days was prety injury prone too. I think last season was a pretty good indicator that we can go a whole season with only 2 CF's as Sturridge barely played there and Anelka barely played but I don't like the idea of risking it.

I would love for us to pluck a gem out of South America or somewhere to fill that third spot. However, I doubt we can do that in a week. The other option is going for a Berbatov/Owen/Heskey/Santa Cruz type signing. Experienced and can score goals (a part from Heskey).
Another over-the-hill senior citizen? No thanks....

I'd rather rely on Bamfordinho as a last resort if needed than bring in some 30-year-old has-been on big wages as a stopgap until we invariably sign a long-term one next summer.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:10 am

well our scouting team better find us a gem then.

I don't want to splash the cash anymore. Max 5m for a CF.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:12 am

Damiao would be great. Young and talented centre forward though not sure whether your linked with him or not... hmm Spurs have dropped out I think.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 am

I would be all for him except for his price tag.

I'd love to sign him just to annoy spuds. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:14 am

Kick wrote:I would be all for him except for his price tag.

Whats his price tag? Should be cheap for Chelsea Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:16 am

Kick wrote:well our scouting team better find us a gem then.

I don't want to splash the cash anymore. Max 5m for a CF.
Unlikely. I think they'd rather take their chances and wait til next summer to splash on a big-name one than sign some cheap, second-rater.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:18 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Kick wrote:I would be all for him except for his price tag.

Whats his price tag? Should be cheap for Chelsea Laughing

above 20m pounds I believe.

I wouldn't mind spending it if we hadn't spent over 80m this summer. Hence why I want a cheap player.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:21 am

Besides, signing someone for that cheap with good quality would require Emenalo to actually get off his fat ass and do some actual scouting.
A definite no-no for him Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:25 am

lol, we have never been the best with scouting that is for sure.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:35 am

Naah, for now Danny is enough as a backup. Then if needed Lukaku can be recalled I guess.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:37 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Naah, for now Danny is enough as a backup. Then if needed Lukaku can be recalled I guess.
NO club, much less a top club competing on multiple fronts like Chelsea is, only has 2 center-forwards in their squad.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:49 am

I don't see the problem last year we exclusively used Drogba and Torres as our main strikers, Sturridge didn't play one single game as a striker as far as i remember. If one of them get injured.....then there is the January transfer window. You can also recall Lukaku and use Piazon in emergency cases.

tbh you can say the same thing about Cb's, if you use the "what if scenarios." Imagine if Ivanovic and one of Cahill, Terry, and Luiz got injured. we would be in trouble.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:53 am

Blue wrote:I don't see the problem last year we exclusively used Drogba and Torres as our main strikers, Sturridge didn't play one single game as a striker as far as i remember. If one of them get injured.....then there is the January transfer window. You can also recall Lukaku and use Piazon in emergency cases.

tbh you can say the same thing about Cb's, if you use the "what if scenarios." Imagine if Ivanovic and one of Cahill, Terry, and Luiz got injured. we would be in trouble.
....and we finished 6th. And don't bring up the CL win because we both know we won that solely on defense and a few super-human performances from Didier.

Lack of a potent goalscorer cost us dearly last season, and was the one thing that separated us from every club that finished above us.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:55 am

If only we had signed Aguero instead of Torres. Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:56 am

A low key, maybe Mereiles type of transfer on deadline is possible IMO
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:58 am

Soul wrote:A low key, maybe Mereiles type of transfer on deadline is possible IMO

We have signed someone on the last three deadline days. It is possible again.

I guess it will depend on whether Robbie and Michael think the squad needs one.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:46 am

deadline day 40mil
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:08 pm

I would have liked someone like Manzukic or how ever you spell his name, I have no idea who we will sign if we do. Although I do think we will & we need a striker for reals.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:58 am

I'm pretty sure Torres is far far better than last season this time. That takes out a lot of reasons to buy a striker when compared with this season. But Torres could still improve.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:42 am

3 goals and an assist in 4 games, I would like more cover for him though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum