What was the best signing and worst signing your club has ever made.

+28
The Messiah
archwooohh
EarlyPrototype
McLewis
McAgger
Luca
Robben #10
VanDeezNuts
Albiceleste
che
hrealmadrid
BeautifulGame
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Gil
zizzle
Vibe
the xcx
halamadrid2
Kick
Raptorgunner
billy_gr
Freeza
barca 2011
Onyx
Die Borussen
Casciavit
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What was the best signing and worst signing your club has ever made. - Page 2 Empty Re: What was the best signing and worst signing your club has ever made.

Post by the xcx Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Di Stefano is by the far the best signing in Madrid history and it's not even close.

Di Stefano was the reason they became a World-wide Juggernaut, without him the Madrid we see today wouldn't even exist.

And they definitely wouldn't have 30+ Liga's and 9 CL's.
We dont know that. RM had far too many legends back then, doubt rm was carried by him.

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

What was the best signing and worst signing your club has ever made. - Page 2 Empty Re: What was the best signing and worst signing your club has ever made.

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:41 pm

di stefano is the obvious choice if we are talking all time

but if we are talking modern era/ past 10 years im going to have to go with ozil considering his low transfer fee and what he has contributed already and his mounds of potential.

but thats a lot of speculation.

tbh its difficult for madrid fans to decide on a best signing of the modern era considering we only have 5 players that were not bought 2-3 years ago (iker, ramos, marcelo, pepe, higgy one of which wasnt signed but promoted)

its pretty easy to pick the worst though imo we got the least bang for our buck from kaka. notable mentions are huntelaar for 27m for half a season and woodgate or faubert, drenthe, or graveson take a pick

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Di Stefano was the reason all those "legends" joined Nameless..... there wasn't the elite club they are now before Di Stefano....

You have had some very good signings over the years but Di Stefano is definitely the one who is more responsible for the level the club is at now.

Also Le Sam i hadn't read any posts, i was just giving my opinion on it because it was obvious a lot of Madrid fans would come in with their opinions.

Just giving my two cents for the discussion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:53 pm

raul also deserves a shout out for best signing

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:58 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:
Vibe wrote:Real Madrid fans,GET THE FU*K IN THERE :bow:

Kaka 67 mill
Recouped all plus more in shirt sales and endorsements
Robben 36 mill
Performed well, made room for nuevo galacticos, sold for 10 mil less. Hardly considered "worst"
Anelka 35 mill
Definitely not good but again, wasn't bad. Scored two goals in the CL semi against Munich in 2000 where we went on to win the CL.
Sneijder 27 mill
Started very brightly and then faded and never regained form. Very successful first couple years though in my opinion and played an integral part in winning the league in 2008. Same boat as Robben, left to make way for Cris and Kaka.
Baljic 26 mill
Hindered by injuries and could never find his feet. Definitely a contender for worst signing.
M. Diarra 26 mill
Really? Guy was a boss! Scored the crucial goal against Mallorca in 2007 to win us our first trophy in 4 years. Integral to the squad that won the league back to back 07 & 08
Conceicao 25 mill
Hard to defend this one as his contributions were minuscule.
Robinho 25 mill
Sold for huge profit to Man City.
Samuel 24 mill.
Underperformed. He just couldn't step up to the challenge in my opinion
Lass 20 mill
Replaced Diarra after he picked up a season ending injury and slotted in perfectly. Has been playing rather consistently since, and more often than not has performed well.
Huntelaar 20 mill
Sold for 15. Didn't do TOO bad. Scored 8 goals in 13 starts and 7 sub appearances.
Gago 20 mill
Again, was important to the squad that won the 07 and 08 titles. Slowly but surely lost his form and motivation. Demands are way too high with any club he plays at
Baptista 20 mill
Scored pivotal goals in both his stints at the club, including an integral one during a clasico. Sold for 5 mil loss. Was involved in a swap deal with Reyes (Reyes went on to score two incredibly important goals to clinch the 07 liga)
Woodgate 20 mill
no comment :facepalm:
Drenthe 14 mill
Guy choked. Bad attitude also. good riddance.
VDV 13 mill
VDV was a steal for what we paid and stayed for quite some time. Could never really find his feet in Spain and was given ample opportunity and time. Left a lot to be desried.
Cicinho 13 mill
Refused to play at LB as we had Ramos on the right. Went to Roma for 11 mil..
Owen 12 mill
Had the season's highest ratio of goals scored to number of minutes played. Sold for DOUBLE to Newcastle
Garay 10 mill
Wasn't good enough in my opinion..
Cannavaro 10 mill
Was great for us! Bossed the defense, was a steal for 10 mil and helped win two liga titles! Made almost 100 appearances!
Emerson 10 mill
Came with Capello. Again, was key in the squad that won our first title in 4 years
Cassano 5 mill
Hardly a bad buy at 5 mil. We just took a chance on him. Poor attitude. Definitely can't be called the worst (or even close to) signing

some points are valid but still you cannot deem a transfer successful base on financial figures.
we are fans not economists after all.
in the future no one will look back at Kaka's signing and say: "we nailed it with that one. made a profit"
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:09 pm

billy_gr wrote:
hrealmadrid wrote:
Vibe wrote:Real Madrid fans,GET THE FU*K IN THERE :bow:

Kaka 67 mill
Recouped all plus more in shirt sales and endorsements
Robben 36 mill
Performed well, made room for nuevo galacticos, sold for 10 mil less. Hardly considered "worst"
Anelka 35 mill
Definitely not good but again, wasn't bad. Scored two goals in the CL semi against Munich in 2000 where we went on to win the CL.
Sneijder 27 mill
Started very brightly and then faded and never regained form. Very successful first couple years though in my opinion and played an integral part in winning the league in 2008. Same boat as Robben, left to make way for Cris and Kaka.
Baljic 26 mill
Hindered by injuries and could never find his feet. Definitely a contender for worst signing.
M. Diarra 26 mill
Really? Guy was a boss! Scored the crucial goal against Mallorca in 2007 to win us our first trophy in 4 years. Integral to the squad that won the league back to back 07 & 08
Conceicao 25 mill
Hard to defend this one as his contributions were minuscule.
Robinho 25 mill
Sold for huge profit to Man City.
Samuel 24 mill.
Underperformed. He just couldn't step up to the challenge in my opinion
Lass 20 mill
Replaced Diarra after he picked up a season ending injury and slotted in perfectly. Has been playing rather consistently since, and more often than not has performed well.
Huntelaar 20 mill
Sold for 15. Didn't do TOO bad. Scored 8 goals in 13 starts and 7 sub appearances.
Gago 20 mill
Again, was important to the squad that won the 07 and 08 titles. Slowly but surely lost his form and motivation. Demands are way too high with any club he plays at
Baptista 20 mill
Scored pivotal goals in both his stints at the club, including an integral one during a clasico. Sold for 5 mil loss. Was involved in a swap deal with Reyes (Reyes went on to score two incredibly important goals to clinch the 07 liga)
Woodgate 20 mill
no comment :facepalm:
Drenthe 14 mill
Guy choked. Bad attitude also. good riddance.
VDV 13 mill
VDV was a steal for what we paid and stayed for quite some time. Could never really find his feet in Spain and was given ample opportunity and time. Left a lot to be desried.
Cicinho 13 mill
Refused to play at LB as we had Ramos on the right. Went to Roma for 11 mil..
Owen 12 mill
Had the season's highest ratio of goals scored to number of minutes played. Sold for DOUBLE to Newcastle
Garay 10 mill
Wasn't good enough in my opinion..
Cannavaro 10 mill
Was great for us! Bossed the defense, was a steal for 10 mil and helped win two liga titles! Made almost 100 appearances!
Emerson 10 mill
Came with Capello. Again, was key in the squad that won our first title in 4 years
Cassano 5 mill
Hardly a bad buy at 5 mil. We just took a chance on him. Poor attitude. Definitely can't be called the worst (or even close to) signing

some points are valid but still you cannot deem a transfer successful base on financial figures.
we are fans not economists after all.
in the future no one will look back at Kaka's signing and say: "we nailed it with that one. made a profit"

I respectfully, but completely, disagree. Some fans may only care about football on the pitch but I care about the entire 360 degree dealings at the club. A club doesn't just run on success on the pitch, especially a club like Real Madrid. Finances are incredibly important, especially now with FFP. We don't have to sponsor our own shirts a la Man City to meet requirements.

We are a brand, not just a football club. Financials drive the brand.

For example, saying we nailed the Kaka transfer is certainly unwarranted. But it was in no way a flop considering the financial success: market expansion in China, shirt sales, 50% image rights, etc.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:42 pm

still the context of the OP is sport related.
I'm pretty sure that when he asks about best and worst transfers he means football wise. While what you say is right on a certain perspective, I feel we are to assess transfers in terms of football impact, at least in this thread
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robben #10 Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Best: 1994 - Oliver Kahn for £2.1M
Worst: 2008 - Edson Braafheid for £2.9M
Robben #10
Robben #10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:33 pm

Best: Del Piero
Worst: Amauri

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Faubert loan :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Best...tough to say between Pruzzo, Falcao, Montella and Batistuta. Going with Batistuta though.

Worst....Adriano by a country mile.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Di Stefano is by the far the best signing in Madrid history and it's not even close.

Di Stefano was the reason they became a World-wide Juggernaut, without him the Madrid we see today wouldn't even exist.

And they definitely wouldn't have 30+ Liga's and 9 CL's.

This.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Only gonna mention players I've seen play.

Best: Van Nistelrooy, Vidic in January, Valencia and a whole lot more

Worst: Veron, Taibi

Bebe banana
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:43 pm

As a madrid fan I think the best signing for us was the 80million bargain, worst is definitely Coentrao, it's not that Coentrao is a bad player but we didn't need him spending so much on him was waste of money when we already have Marcelo.

Hamit can't be a candidate cause he was never played, Kaka is just personal hatred from Mourinho, similar situation Sahin found himself in.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:55 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:di stefano is the obvious choice if we are talking all time

but if we are talking modern era/ past 10 years im going to have to go with ozil considering his low transfer fee and what he has contributed already and his mounds of potential.

but thats a lot of speculation.

tbh its difficult for madrid fans to decide on a best signing of the modern era considering we only have 5 players that were not bought 2-3 years ago (iker, ramos, marcelo, pepe, higgy one of which wasnt signed but promoted)

its pretty easy to pick the worst though imo we got the least bang for our buck from kaka. notable mentions are huntelaar for 27m for half a season and woodgate or faubert, drenthe, or graveson take a pick

What was the best signing and worst signing your club has ever made. - Page 2 _40724437_gravesen_shirt_270

what were Madrid thinking rofl
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:12 am

I remember a while back on some thread which I think was about flops, I mentioned Woodgate to Madrid as a serious flop and almost got burned at he stake. Does anyone still feel that he wasn't a flop?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:16 am

Cryuff coming to Barca. Ibra coming to Barca for a Barca fan perspective.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eltractor Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:09 am

best: zanetti (among ronaldo, etoo, milito, vieri, toldo)
worst: quaresma gresko coco
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by AllDogsGoToHeaven Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Te best: Andy Moller & Mathias Sammer, in recent times Kagawa cost €0.5M... Subotić and Hummels are great to.

We don't have bad signings Razz
AllDogsGoToHeaven
AllDogsGoToHeaven
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:19 pm

barca 2011 wrote:I remember a while back on some thread which I think was about flops, I mentioned Woodgate to Madrid as a serious flop and almost got burned at he stake. Does anyone still feel that he wasn't a flop?

i wouldnt necessarily describe him as a flop, but definitely was a bad signing considering the fee and the fact that he was injured at the time of the transfer and went on to be injured basically the entire 3 years he was at madrid.

just like i dont consider huntelaar a flop but it was a bad transfer because he only played half a season.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2