fatman123
Luca
jibers
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Charlie Adams to stoke Empty Charlie Adams to stoke

Post by jibers Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:23 am

Has there ever been a player to fit in a clubs philosophy this well. Adams is a thug, Stoke are thugs dressed up as footballers. Adams can finally get into his element
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Charlie Adams to stoke Empty Re: Charlie Adams to stoke

Post by Luca Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:29 am

Has there ever been a poster to have been this butthurt before?

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:29 am

if only they couldve got Joey Barton too
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:31 am

Charlie Adams to stoke JdiNN

Adam's a 'triffic footballer. Will fit right in. Looks like a Stoke native too. Charlie Adams to stoke Guf9A

Last edited by Firenze on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 am

I'm so happy we got rid of that c*nt!! I never for a second liked him in a Liverpool jersey. I hope he fails miserably at Stoke :coffee:

But tbh honest his long passing could do wonders for Stoke.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:49 am

Luca wrote:Has there ever been a poster to have been this butthurt before?

lol. Say that to the liverpool fan above. Stop being angry that Juves player x is bednter. Tbf i would be upset if my clb kept saying we would sign a big name striker. Its like united signing defoe...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:07 am

Charlie ADAM (Not ADAMS) wasn't that bad.

Always tried his best, and turned out to be Liverpool's new blame toy even when he wasn't that bad.

Didn't do too well without Lucas but he needs to learn how to tackle. Reminds me of Paul Scholes...

He'll be a great signing for Stoke and I wish him well.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:21 am

suddenly downing doesnt look that bad :3
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:27 am

ynwa wrote:Charlie ADAM (Not ADAMS) wasn't that bad.

Always tried his best, and turned out to be Liverpool's new blame toy even when he wasn't that bad.

Didn't do too well without Lucas but he needs to learn how to tackle. Reminds me of Paul Scholes...

and? He was a thug all round. Scholes was on a different level to this twat. Scholes just couldnt tackle. Adams is a bonified thug.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:54 am

vizkosity wrote:suddenly downing doesnt look that bad :3

Then you remember the fee he went for...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 am

jibers wrote:
and? He was a thug all round. Scholes was on a different level to this twat. Scholes just couldnt tackle. Adams is a bonified thug.

Didn't compare them in terms of quality - compared them in terms of not knowing how to tackle... calm down.

And his name isn't "Adams"
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:23 am

Adam never intentionally hurt people. He was a poor tackler, but hardly the only one. In that sense, he is just like Scholes... a player who generally can't tackle but tries to anyway (generally with bad consequences).

He's not a thug. He's not horrible. He's just what he is and that wasn't what Liverpool needed or thought they were getting. If he can get his long passing, crosses, and freekicks sorted he'll be a real weapon for Stoke with their style of play. If not they he'll end up being a solid squad player for him. I wish him all the best there (except for the obvious) and think he'll go well in a side more suited to his play.

Also, jiber, it's Adam, and you do sound incredibly butthurt. Not entirely sure why, though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:01 am

ynwa wrote:Charlie ADAM (Not ADAMS) wasn't that bad.

I agree, Adam got too much blame when he's actually a decent player. Capable of producing some decisive moments - in good and bad. I wouldn't have minded even keeping him for when we might need something else than Rodgers's plan A - but then again pushing Carroll out of the door showed already that Rodgers does not entertain plan Bs or Cs.

Anyway, I wish him good luck and wouldn't be surprised if he did well at Stoke.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Please DO NOT change the thread title. I think it perfectly resembles this thread's intentions: misguided and more than a little odd...

Adam wasn't awful for us. He just cannot tackle... at all. He is no thug. He's simply too enthusiastic for his own good and it shows in more than just his tackling. His head-down runs, ill-advised "Hollywood Balls" and predilection to drift out of position can all be attributed to his eagerness to affect the game. I've been guilty of criticizing his performances before, though I maintain that I had good reason. However, most of those reasons can be attributed to his desire to succeed and help the club.

I do think he will be a good signing for Stoke, and could be precisely the midfielder to complement and improve their squad. I think their style of play suits him to a T, and he will have license to roam and create from midfield. I wish him all the best. I'm not sorry that he left LFC, as he wasn't going to feture in Rodgers plans. He's simply not the type of midfielder we need in the new system. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he recreated his Blackpool success at the Britannia.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Adam should do well for Stoke tbh, all dem long balls and set pieces for all the 6ftplus players to get on the end of.

Don't be surprised if he's high on the assists chart come the end of the season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:56 pm

There's nothing wrong with trying your best when you're clearly not up to standards. Adam just wasn't good/consistent enough for 'Pool.

Stoke could actually have a stable,experienced midfield with Adam and Palacios in there.

Adam's strengths will easily multiple when he'll have Jerome,Crouch etc. in front of him.
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Adam and N'Zonzi in midfield. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:20 pm

jibers wrote:
Luca wrote:Has there ever been a poster to have been this butthurt before?

lol. Say that to the liverpool fan above. Stop being angry that Juves player x is bednter. Tbf i would be upset if my clb kept saying we would sign a big name striker. Its like united signing defoe...

Deflection
And to quote the wise words of tomjuve
"We started the window shopping for a wantaway Arsenal striker and we ended it by signing a wantaway Arsenal striker"

deal with it :coffee:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Charlie's Adams
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:19 pm

mtfootball wrote:Adam and N'Zonzi in midfield. hmm
Should complement each other's strengths well. N'Zonzi may not be Lucas, but he's a good, defensively-oriented midfielder. He should be able to cope with Adam's overzealous movement and defensive shortcomings.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Looks like Stoke fans love their new midfield :bow:

Feeling good about this game next week. Hopes slightly dented with the greasy one bagging a hattrick yesterday but it was Norwich and their defence leaves a lot to be desired.

We've got quite a few ex-Liverpool players with a point to prove: Crouch, Adam, Owen, Pennant plus Walters being an Evertonian he'll be even more up for this game.

We've been looking solid, especially through the middle in the last few games and with our new midfield 3 we can surely get a better foothold in this fixture this season. If we stick N'Zonzi on Gerrard and Whelan on Suarez we should nullify any threat they have. Apart from these 2, they really are a sack of mediocre shite. There's no point worrying about Allen, he never passes the ball forwards and the rest of their squad is full of overated players. Jonjo Shelvey for example. Would he even get in our squad??? They do have that young trickey winger who's just broken through but G-Cam should have him in his back pocket. Been very impressed with him in the last 2 games maurauding up the right.

If Adam is then given more of a free role, hopefully he can pick out a few killer balls on the break and give us something we've been lacking going forward in these sorts of games. He's looked a little lost playing in the withdrawn role behind Crouch but I think he'll thrive sitting deeper in a typical Pulis "keep it tight" plan. Historically we've looked to Whelan to provide some creativity but Adam and N'Zonzi in particular have brought the ball out from the back superbly.

We came so close to pulling off a result at Chelsea and we actually created some decent chances going forward, so with Reina flapping at high balls into the box, an ageing Carragher, Johnson playing as a winger and their other shite Shelvey, Flanagan, Kelly etc we've got a decent chance of scoring. Crouch and Ian Dowie mk2 Skrtel should be an interesting match up but on current form Crouchy should leave him on his arse. A penalty waiting to happen at times is Skrtel.

We've managed to make 'Operation Anfield' a complete success on 2 occasions previously, so I'm thinking we could pull off all 3 points this time around.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Given that Agger has just signed a long term contract I fully expect Adam to break him on Sunday.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:02 am

Red be aware that should your prediction come true, it'll be over between us :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 am

Because you'll have realised just how accurate I was with my comment about oversimplification and scapegoating in the Liverpool section and will be too ashamed of yourself to come before me again? Don't worry, mate, I'll forgive you so you needn't hide yourself in shame. Wink
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:33 am

If this game goes to plan, Stoke shouldn't see much of the ball. I watched some of the Chelsea v Stoke game a few weeks back and Stoke couldn't really muster any meaningful possession of the ball. But Crouch is in red-hot form and they might not need many chances to score. And their defence is pretty good, imo. So, umm... well, we'd better to be on our game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next