+5
RealGunner
Jay29
Raptorgunner
Mudcat
SamuelJayC
9 posters

Go down

Peter Hill-Wood interview in Evening Standard Empty Peter Hill-Wood interview in Evening Standard

Post by SamuelJayC Tue 04 Sep 2012, 14:00

Peter Hill-Wood Interview in the Evening Standard

"We have a pretty good chance of challenging for the Premier League."

"It is not a worry to the board that Arsenal haven't won a trophy since 2005. It'd be lovely to win one, but it's not easy."

"If you don’t have billions of petro-dollars to throw around, you’re going to have to do it some other way."

"Walcott's situation? He did not accept our offer so nothing is happening."

"Arsene has money to spend but there’s a limit. We can’t spend £50m on one player. At a certain level, we can't compete."

"Stan Kroenke isn't like Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour. It's not the way he thinks clubs should be run."

"Arsene has an economics degree from Strasbourg University so he’s certainly no fool. He knows how clubs should be run."

"We're not going to go bankrupt like some other well-know clubs have gone. We're not like that, so don't get miserable."

"The fans chanting against Wenger last season? It doesn't affect me one little bit."

"Arsene Wenger has been outstanding. He still is outstanding."

"You occasionally hear rumours of Arsene going ( to Real Madrid, France etc), but I don't think that is likely."

"I don’t think David Dein’s departure has impacted on Arsene at all..."

"Arsene has a very good relationship with Gazidis, it’s very businesslike. He and Arsene get on very well."

"Spurs? I do not see them posing a problem for us this season. Finding a new stadium & financing it is a major problem."

"We’ve got a stadium debt of around £230m now, which is a 25-year bond at a fixed rate of 5.5 per cent."

All Peter Hill-Wood (Arsenal chairman) quotes are from the Evening Standard. Link here: http://bit.ly/RClrU9

/ / / / Also: The Evening Standard write that Arsenal have a current transfer budget of close to £60m.

------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Tue 04 Sep 2012, 16:33; edited 1 time in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Peter Hill-Wood interview in Evening Standard Empty Re: Peter Hill-Wood interview in Evening Standard

Post by Mudcat Tue 04 Sep 2012, 14:33

I see nothing there to disagree with aside from the spelling of Kroenke.
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Peter Hill-Wood interview in Evening Standard Empty Re: Peter Hill-Wood interview in Evening Standard

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 04 Sep 2012, 14:56

Mudcat wrote:I see nothing there to disagree with aside from the spelling of Kroenke.

I agree, but "We’ve got a stadium debt of around £230m now" scratch
I thought it was under £100m.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 15:04

Just the usual stuff with Hill-Wood defending the club's policies.

"Walcott's situation? He did not accept our offer so nothing is happening."

Club must be hopeful he'll sign, though, since they didn't try to sell him last week. Could just be a case of there not being enough interest to make a sale for decent money, though.

Also: The Evening Standard write that Arsenal have a current transfer budget of close to £60m.

Wouldn't put much stock in this, really. No one other than the people at Arsenal know our transfer budget. Everything else is just speculation.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 04 Sep 2012, 15:31

"I don’t think David Dein’s departure has impacted on Arsene at all..."

Disagree with that. The way Dein used to do the deals for Arsene, No one comes close.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 04 Sep 2012, 16:30

"It is not a worry to the board that Arsenal haven't won a trophy since 2005."

Laughing :facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 04 Sep 2012, 17:01

urbaNRoots wrote:"It is not a worry to the board that Arsenal haven't won a trophy since 2005."

Laughing :facepalm:

Well after a while they get used to not winning trophies and finishing top4 is more important. Clubber Peter Hill-Wood interview in Evening Standard 2276801876
eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Tue 04 Sep 2012, 18:04

Raptorgunner wrote:
Mudcat wrote:I see nothing there to disagree with aside from the spelling of Kroenke.

The £230m is gross debt. The last time I saw the figures Arsenal had a gross debt of £258m with £160m in cash and short-term deposits, bringing the net debt down to £98m. So apparently the net debt has fallen further.
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 04 Sep 2012, 18:19

Mudcat wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

The £230m is gross debt. The last time I saw the figures Arsenal had a gross debt of £258m with £160m in cash and short-term deposits, bringing the net debt down to £98m. So apparently the net debt has fallen further.

I know its easy for me to say it but wouldn't it be better if the owners paid off all the debt and stop paying crazy interest every year?

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue 04 Sep 2012, 18:57; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Tue 04 Sep 2012, 18:49

Raptorgunner wrote:
Mudcat wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

I know its easy for me to say it but would it be better if the owners paid off all the debt and stop paying crazy interest every year?

I think it's because they need a certain amount of liquidity to guarantee paying salaries, etc. Cash in and out all the time. But, of course, I'm sure they would rather not be paying that interest....
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue 04 Sep 2012, 19:01

Mudcat wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
Mudcat wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

I know its easy for me to say it but would it be better if the owners paid off all the debt and stop paying crazy interest every year?

I think it's because they need a certain amount of liquidity to guarantee paying salaries, etc. Cash in and out all the time. But, of course, I'm sure they would rather not be paying that interest....

I thought that I had read somewhere that it was a fixed term and if they paid it off early there would be penalties.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 04 Sep 2012, 21:17

“You occasionally hear rumours of him going somewhere. I do not think that is likely to happen. He’s very happy where he is,” Hill-Wood told the London Evening Standard.

“He has a very good job in that we don’t interfere with him. We agree with most of the things he says and he agrees with most of the things we say. I have seen some really successful Arsenal managers but Arsene has revolutionised the club.
hmm

“I would say he has been a bigger influence than Alex Ferguson on Manchester United in the way he has changed the traditions of the club and the outlook of the Premiership.”
“What those fans shouted did not influence me one little bit,” he added.

A commonly used reason behind Arsenal’s recent failure in competitions over the past few years has been the sacking of David Dein as Arsenal’s vice-chairman back in 2007, but Hill-Wood was quick to dismiss the move had any detrimental effect on the club or staff.
.”
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Tue 04 Sep 2012, 21:39

6unner wrote:
Mudcat wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
Mudcat wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

I thought that I had read somewhere that it was a fixed term and if they paid it off early there would be penalties.

That may very well be. I can't really say one way or the other, but it wouldn't be unusual. Banks like to guarantee their profit, so it's very common to include penalties for paying off a loan early.
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu 06 Sep 2012, 10:28

With all due respect to Mr. Hillwood. He can kindly F** off.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:16

These guys are all liars, for the past 3 years we have been having more than 25 million pounds to spend.....Alltogether we should have had more 90 million pounds to spend by now but we have still been making profits or transfers....

if we had money to spend why was song not just kept on the bench? these are lies, and its getting boring hearing them tbh

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum