isignedupjusttoseesigs
Forza
fatman123
CBarca
The Sanchez
15 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Kick Sun 11 Nov 2012 - 14:54

rofl

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon 12 Nov 2012 - 2:03

And the weather is off the rails at the moment in Melbourne. One day it's hot, next it's raining, then cold, then raining AND hot.

C'mon Melbourne, get your s**t together
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon 12 Nov 2012 - 3:13

Adelaide's just hot.....
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 2:53

Oh you guys and your hot weather.

Snow season is starting banana
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 3:04

I'd love to be in snow right now.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 3:34

Every year when winter comes along I pretend it's Skyrim outside (and it looks a bit like it, in weather terms).

I go outside, couple layers, Barcelona scarf on, and chop wood while it's snowing out. Not that I have to, but I do like chopping wood and making fires.

It's fking amazing :bow:

I love winter so much!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 5:40

chopping firewood :bow:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 5:51

CBarca wrote:Every year when winter comes along I pretend it's Skyrim outside (and it looks a bit like it, in weather terms).

I go outside, couple layers, Barcelona scarf on, and chop wood while it's snowing out. Not that I have to, but I do like chopping wood and making fires.

It's fking amazing :bow:

I love winter so much!

Sounds awesome. I'll be fine lying on the beach in the sun though Cool

Nah, I would like to be in a nice winter though. Love skiing Very Happy
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 6:22

Chopping wood, even though you have less horses and bayonets? :bow:.

I do have an 'electric' chimney though, and I'm not exactly sure where we get the wood from, but we don't chop it Razz .. pretty old house.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 9:47

CBarca wrote:Every year when winter comes along I pretend it's Skyrim outside (and it looks a bit like it, in weather terms).

Shocked when we were driving to the grand canyon at the start of the year, as we got closer to it and the snow got thicker i actually thought "wow it looks like skyrim out there"

personally i cant stand winter, the hotter it is the better imo
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 9:51

:I'mveryunoriginal:.

I 'despise' summer, it's waaaaaaaaaay too hot and humid for my liking, and there's no sure and fast way to cool down. By despise, I mean least favourite..
Late autumn is my favourite, it's not too cool, just a touch, and you can always put on more layers...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 9:56

nope cant stand the cooler months, winter is discusting because everything gets closed up and you have to wear 51647319872419721437 layers of clothes and because ive got hayfever spring can be torture sometimes. Honestly id easily take a 35degree day over a 10degree day
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 10:03

Even the flies? Mad.

Where do they go in the winter..

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 10:06

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Even the flies? Mad.

Where do they go in the winter..

Generally mossies dont pay much attention to me, i guess my blood tastes bad Laughing
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 10:07

and the taste of beer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>in the summer
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 12:14

Hey dos, what textbooks do you use for physics uni (no idea how uni works) Razz.

Just curious as to how difficult it is...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 12:21

In first year we used a very broad textbook to cover the whole year, something such as Giancoli or Knight which provide a good foundation, however beyond this a textbook will usually be referred to for each topic within a unit, for instance Quantum Physics, Electromagnetism, Thermodynamics and Optics will each have separate textbooks.

Some textbooks are "Prescribed" - ie compulsory - and some "Recommended." Each textbook is horrendously overpriced. What you'll soon realise is that you may spend a lot of money on a textbook you'll never even open, so be cautious when it comes to uni textbooks. Try to ask others who have done the course before you whether they found it useful, whether the lecturer will actually refer to it and try and see if it's available from the library. The internet can also slash your costs, I saved several hundred dollars this year on my physics textbooks by going through a site such as abebooks.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 12:44

Okay, thanks, they are reaaaaaaaally expensive Shocked.
Curious as to whether you guys have jobs, I know fatman works at Code Red Razz.

Could you explain torque and magnetic flux, 'the turning moment of a force' just makes no sense to me Sad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 12:58

I'll try and come up with a more satisfying way of explaining it than "all of these things are analagous to the non-rotational examples you're familiar with" tomorrow. In the mean time, I'm going to see if I can fit five practice exams in between now and 2:30pm tomorrow.

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 0:33

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Okay, thanks, they are reaaaaaaaally expensive Shocked.
Curious as to whether you guys have jobs, I know fatman works at Code Red Razz.

Code Red :facepalm: i could probably run a place like Code Red with my eyes closed

I didnt know anythng about code red so i just liiked at their website, they're charging $45/person for the first 8 people and then $34.90 for every person thereafter for two laser games, crappy food, an icecream cake adn four arcade tokens per person, that is dead set highway robbery

even their casual play prices are terrible at $14 for one game $23 for two and $30 for three in whats probably a piss poor maze

dont give these jerks your money, tbh your probably better off going to M9 who even after their massive price hike should be better value then this place
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 0:53

Currently in between jobs. I quit McDonalds last week and I begin work at a fruit and veg wholesaler over the new few weeks.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 1:13

All I do is ref in the spring/summer. I'm kinda lazy tbh- I could get a real job bu...meh. I probably will senior year.

Thing is, I'd like a job that has skills that will translate over to something else, and is interesting. However, at my age and qualifications finding a job like that will be...impossible. I mean, most people I know work at Macdons or as a cashier somewhere. I'd hate that. The reason why I ref is because I love it and it has many qualities about it that I've learned.

95% of any kind of 'thick skin' I have is due to reffing Laughing it's amazing how much of a douche people can be to a 14 year old (how old I was when I started). Luckily I didn't suck and I grew thicker skin Very Happy

I highly recommend becoming a ref for anyone that enjoys football. It's a great part time job.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 6:25

i am the most unemployed person, mind i do ha\/e a trial in miranda on friday.
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 6:45

My friend's a state ref now, he gets paid heaps Razz.

Wait, so fatman doesn't work at Code Red? scratch.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 8:40

lol i havent even been to code red before
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 11:20

Where do you work then, I thought it was some laser tag place Shocked.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next