Swanhends
Art Morte
donttreadonred
Bosi
Onyx
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fellaini leaving Everton? Empty Fellaini leaving Everton?

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Fellaini signed a new five-year contract with Everton in November 2011 but the Belgium international insists this is likely to be his last season under Moyes.

"I begin now to my fifth season at Everton," Fellaini told Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad. "This will be one of my last. I've seen everything. In January or at the end of the season I would look for another club or league."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Fellaini leaving Everton? Empty Re: Fellaini leaving Everton?

Post by Bosi Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Hope so, predicting Chelsea gonna bid in January. Not sure if will succeed with bid, Everton can be stingy.

Bosi
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm no fan of Fellaini, and I'll make no effort to hide that. I simply don't enjoy watching him play. (I’m sure there’s more than a little bias behind this sentiment.) However, I do rate him and appreciate his versatility, as he has succeeded in multiple positions and roles for Everton in his time there.

There are at least three clubs that should go in for Fellaini:
Manchester United
Chelsea
Milan

Man Utd have had a relative void at CM for the last few seasons. Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverly, Giggs and Scholes are their current options in the middle. The most consistent of those options are 37 (Scholes) and 38 (Giggs), respectively. The next best partnership is arguably Carrick and Cleverly. Carrick has had moments where he looked the part, as well as moments when he’s been a liability. In addition, he’s no spring chicken, either. At 31, his peak is likely behind him, and he could easily be benched if a younger option comes in. It was hoped that Anderson would provide a bit of an anchor in midfield, but he has yet to really come good. I can see Fellaini slotting in nicely next to Cleverly in the 4-2-3-1, which Ferguson currently favors. He would provide defensive stability as well as an attacking presence when called upon. In addition, his strengths would complement Cleverly’s. I can see this partnership being solid for United for years to come.

Milan have hit some rough times, and most would argue that a striker or center back should be their first priority. However, Fellaini’s presence as a box-to-box presence in midfield could cover for a depleted back-line and help retain/regain possession to support an unsure attack. A midfield of De Jong and Fellaini sitting behind Montolivo could be a force to be reckoned with. Whether that is in a 4-2-3-1 (unlikely at Milan), or as a midfield three with a more attack-minded player in advance of them in a 4-3-1-2 (more likely at Milan), doesn’t really matter. The combination complements each other’s strengths: De Jong is the holding presence, Fellaini plays a box-to-box role, and Motolivo is afforded the freedom to orchestrate attacks. Of the potential suitors, Milan could offer Fellaini the most freedom of movement/role within the system. Nearly everywhere else, he would be expected to be the more defensive player in the midfield combination.

Due to their combination of wealth, willingness to pursue a player, and need at the position, Chelsea have to be the favorites to land Fellani’s signature. The center partnership of Mikel and Lampard looks to be fairly short-lived. In a squad that has seen massive turnover in recent windows (Cahill, Luiz, Azpilicueta in defense – Torres, Hazard, Mata, Oscar, and Moses in attack), the deeper midfield positions have been somewhat neglected, and I believe it will show later in the season. Lampard will not be the midfield rock forever, and Mikel looks a bit short of quality Chelsea supporters would want in a more defensively-oriented midfielder. Behind these two, the options are few. Oriol Romeu showed that he is short of the experience/discipline needed to be consistent at the Premier League level. Oscar might be able to act as the deep playmaker, but he too is young and will need time to adapt his style of play somewhat (and he may need to make this move in order to get into the team considering the options Chelseea have in the attacking positions). Fellaini is an instant improvement over Mikel and could be the more box-to-box player should Romeu improve or a strictly holding midfield is brought in. In either case, Fellaini’s spot would be assured, and his contributions could be vital.

The biggest challenge in any potential move could be the market. Everton will be looking to recoup their £15 million invest in Fellaini, and I believe he is well worth it for both Everton and whoever purchases him. Everton have received their investment, and will be fairly compensated in his transfer. However, several clubs who have been prone to high-profile moves are comfortable with their deeper midfield options. Bayern Munich and Manchester City have both completed transfers for defensive midfielders in the previous window (Jack Rodwell and Javi Garcia to City – Javi Martinez to Beyern Munich with Luis Gustavo as cover). They will be unlikely to participate in any pursuit of Fellaini. The wildcard in this situation is Real Madrid. They have just purchased Luka Modric, but it’s unclear exactly how they intended to play him. With Ozil at the Club, it seems likely that Modric’s role could fluctuate between CAM and deep-lying playmaker. Madrid’s loan move for Michael Essien could signal that the club are looking to beef-up their holding midfield options. In that case, Fellaini could still be brought in as a replacement/cover for Khedira. However, Madrid certainly aren’t lacking for players in the center of the pitch. It’s always difficult to rule them out of any transfer, but this issue is particularly murky right now.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:53 pm

Man Utd would be the best option imo. He's versatile and can slot into the middle for them.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:02 pm

He's got a contract until 2016, Everton will be in a very strong position in any negotiations. But it's a stupid / odd thing to say by Fellaini.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Yeh, he'll cost at least £20m imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:02 pm

future arsenal legend
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh, he'll cost at least £20m imo.

Isn't that too much?I know it isn't if we look at other players transfer fees, but i really think there are too much money in the game.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:12 pm

vlafy wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh, he'll cost at least £20m imo.

Isn't that too much?I know it isn't if we look at other players transfer fees, but i really think there are too much money in the game.

Well he cost Everton £15m, so I'm sure he'll leave for higher.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:17 pm

vlafy wrote:

Does it matter? players are worth what the buyers are willing to pay for them and Fellaini is easily worth that to Everton.

Besides he cost Everton 16m and still has 4 years left to run on his contract, he won't go for less than 20-25m you can be assured of that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Yes, that's probabily true.I won't be surprised if Everton won't let him for less than £20m.

I tried to point something else.Today's football players deserve to be appreciated at this level of money?Hulk and Witsel were £64m if i am not wrong...wtf?!

It's not my problem, but clubs should take care at FFP.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Yeh Hulk's probably worth £25-30m and Witsel £20-25m.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh Hulk's probably worth £25-30m and Witsel £20-25m.

Al right.I will watch them carefully if they are so much valuable. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:22 pm

vlafy wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh Hulk's probably worth £25-30m and Witsel £20-25m.

Al right.I will watch them carefully if they are so much valuable. Smile

How much are they worth?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 pm

He is a good player but imo he is not too good to play for everton. Stupid thing to say especially after committing till 2016 for them
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:05 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2012/11/10/3517136/fellaini-i-may-have-to-leave-everton-for-champions-league

"I hope to win something here, with Everton," he told the BBC's Football Focus. "When I came here, I played an FA Cup final against Chelsea, I lost. Last year I played [a] semi-final [and] lost, and so I hope to win something this year.

"But also I want to play [in the] Champions League, if it's possible with Everton. But if not, with another team. But I want to play [in the] Champions League."

When asked whether he would be forced to move in order play for a Champions League side, Fellaini said: "Maybe, but not now."

He sounds ready to leave if Everton don't qualify for the Champions League this season. Odd that he signed that new contract.

Anyway, I wonder at which CL club he would be a pretty much automatic starter? Arsenal?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:42 pm

-----Wilshere------Fellaini---------
---------------Cazorla---------------
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:52 pm

That was my idea. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Doubt he'll want to leave Engerland, but the first thought that game to my head was him and Giovinco playing together up top.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:00 pm

he is good enough to play for Madrid. Think they should get him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Fellaini or Khedira?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:he is good enough to play for Madrid. Think they should get him

Agreed, he would have the AM spot locked down for years. :coffee:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Fellaini or Khedira?

Fellaini is a better CM/B2B/CAM/SS. Khedira "might" be a better DM
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Fellaini is not a DM. It's a myth that he plays in midfield.

His best form (And this season) has come now that he plays as Battering ram just behind Jelavic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Agreed Sepi, it's the same when people were suggesting that Diaby should be converted to a DM.

These types of players are judged more on their appearance/physique than their technical and mental attributes sadly.
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next