FalcaoPunch
Zealous
shinigami99
Onyx
barca 2011
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kneejerk Colombia Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Kneejerk Colombia Appreciation Thread

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:59 am

So what? There are many players that don't play as good at club level than for their NT side. Take Messi and Ronaldo for example - the best two players in the world. Sure, Messi is finally finding some form for Argentina but he's still A LOT better for Barcelona.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Kneejerk Colombia Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Kneejerk Colombia Appreciation Thread

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:00 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
ynwa wrote:Falcao is the only player I know.

Who are their star players?

Don't they have a Benitez? He's a striker that's highly rated isn't he?
Benitez is Ecuadorian

That's awkward. lol

No other stand out name for Columbia? Or is just Falcao?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Crimson wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:
Crimson wrote:It's funny considering how shit Falcao has been for Colombia genrally.
In the last 2 years, he has truly begun to find his prime. So u can hate, but if he keeps this form up for the next 2 years (and why wouldnt he?), I guess it'll still be funny for you?

Last two years at club level yes but for Colombia he has been shit.

I think he has scored in like 6 or so games for Colombia in the last 2 years, scored only 1 goal in the 2010 WCQ.

Great player in the Euro's, can be amazing at club level, but for Colombia usually and more often than not utter crap.
At club level he has always been great but he's just now establishing himself as a (imo) top 5 striker, period. And his scintillating form is carrying over for his NT, at a moment that happens to be very important (crucial WCQs against tough opponents). He may not had been as dominating for Colombia before, but Colombia also happen to be finding their form AND doing well under a new, good coach for when it really counts. And it's not just him; every part of the team has been, at least for the last two matches, much better than in the past. And Falcao doesn't seem to declining soon. If Atletico can help him put 3 past Chelsea, an improving and young Colombia side will also improve. We still have time too.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 pm

ynwa wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:
ynwa wrote:Falcao is the only player I know.

Who are their star players?

Don't they have a Benitez? He's a striker that's highly rated isn't he?
Benitez is Ecuadorian

That's awkward. lol

No other stand out name for Columbia? Or is just Falcao?
Zuniga is a good defender who can press forward, James Rodriguez is honestly a future beast, teo gutierrez is on form and David Ospina is a very good keeper. They might not be the most recognizable NT around but with their current coaching they have showed that they can punch above their weight.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:10 pm

James Rodriquez from Porto is an absolute freak.

Forgot he was Columbian.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:15 pm

ynwa wrote:James Rodriquez from Porto is an absolute freak.

Forgot he was Columbian.
Yeah, I really hope his career can take off the way he has shown that it can. He was linked to Man Utd. a few months back. I would NOT mind seeing him at Barca, for whenever Pedro, Tello or Cuenca are either unavailable or underperforming.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Happy he didn't go to United as I wanted him at Liverpool.

Porto wouldn't sell him for cheap, especially after selling Hulk. I'm certain they'll build the team around him now as he's young and has a massive future ahead of him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:41 pm

ynwa wrote:Happy he didn't go to United as I wanted him at Liverpool.

Porto wouldn't sell him for cheap, especially after selling Hulk. I'm certain they'll build the team around him now as he's young and has a massive future ahead of him.
I hope they do. Porto sold Falcao and now Hulk so hopefully they can build around him. His future has been looking bright for a while now so if they don't build around him, I hope he at least goes to a team that would benefit him. He would benefit many teams too.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Falcao was shit because he isn't the type of player to track back and get the ball and make magic happen.

All the coaches we have had in the past couple of years were shit. Who called up mediocre players up and till peckerman came in and made some much needed changes.

The best part is that he isn't a colombian coach. To much discrimination amongst our own players. Colombia is very divided amongst regions. And coaches favored players from the Capitol over others even wanted the games there despite the atmosphere being utter shit.

Falcao was a player I wished played at the same club level for the NT.
And now he is definitely picking up.

I mean Ronaldo does it. Messi did it. So I think it's okay if Falcao did it.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2