McAgger
RealGunner
Ganso
Valkyrja
jibers
38 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Has any team depended/been built round one player as much as Barcelona/Messi Empty Has any team depended/been built round one player as much as Barcelona/Messi

Post by jibers Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:54 pm

I have never seen a team so dependant on one player in my life. For all the talk about la masia and philosphy they are always bailedout by Messi. When he doesnt turn up Barcelona look nothing special. What are your opinions?

the god is back brahs
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Has any team depended/been built round one player as much as Barcelona/Messi Empty Re: Has any team depended/been built round one player as much as Barcelona/Messi

Post by Valkyrja Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:57 pm

France - Zidane

Brazil 98 - Ronaldo

Argentina - Maradona

Milan 2007 - Kaka

These come in my mind.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Has any team depended/been built round one player as much as Barcelona/Messi Empty Re: Has any team depended/been built round one player as much as Barcelona/Messi

Post by Ganso Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Di Natale for Udinenese,Neymar for Santos..they are much more dependent
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Kizu wrote:France - Zidane

Brazil 98 - Ronaldo

Argentina - Maradona

Milan 2007 - Kaka

These come in my mind.

Zidane maybe. Argentina and Maradona debateble, R9 and Brazil no. kaka and Milan no again
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Arsenal 11/12 = RVP
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Milan 10/12 Ibra
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Liverpool 2004-07 - Gerrard
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Man Utd - Ronaldo? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:04 pm

08-09 Inter - Ibra
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Can I point out the poor timing of this thread?

You know, seeing as was beating Getafe (who beat Madrid) and had the game pretty much in hand without him like, yesturday.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Yes, Messi took them to heights rarely seen in club football. This has been consistent for almost 5 seasons now. Never has this happened in history
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Can I also point out, according to this forum.

Messi = Has the most help out of all the All time greats ever.

Barcelona = Most dependant on one player team ever.

How does this work?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:08 pm

The Franchise wrote:Can I also point out, according to this forum.

How does this work?

For me its Barca depend on messi. But that the way they have built it. When he isnyt there Barcelona suffer, when he is off form, barca suffer. It's suffering all round
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:11 pm

So, to conclude.

Team plays without best player in the world after building a system around him.

Player doesnt play.

Team doesnt play quite as well.

Is this some kind of mystery?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:So, to conclude.

Player doesnt play.

My question was has any team been nuilt round or depended on a aplayer as much.F***ing hell. No need to start getting aggro on me.

brb
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 pm

I dont really think the whole barca team is built around Messi. Without Messi, barca still continue to play that way and just wont score as much, but the general play is still the same. They will become more like Spain.

Messi is just too good a team player. He can link up play, can set up his team mates as well as ruthlessly finish chances. He can basically play everywhere except defensive positions. Its unavoidable that he is involved in most of barca's goals.

The way Messi plays, enhances the skills of xavi, iniesta, alves, busquets, pedro; rather.

This is different from xavi, iniesta, alves, busquets, pedro, changing their natural game to enhance Messi's skill. Thats why I disagree that barca are built around Messi.

When Pep took over he set up a team and it just so happened that Messi enhanced/suited the skills of the majority of his starters, namely xavi, iniesta, busquets. I'm sure his idea wasnt for the team to sorely focus on Messi, but rather messi was good at being involved in all the play, and fulfils multiple roles on the pitch, namely striker, playmaker, attacking midfielder.

The question should be; Is Messi, the most complete player ever, seeing that he is involved in almost everything Barca do ?
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Just about every Brazilian club team in history.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Bad timing when we had such a great display yesterday for 60 minutes without Messi.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 pm

jibers wrote:

Player doesnt play.

My question was has any team been nuilt round or depended on a aplayer as much.F***ing hell. No need to start getting aggro on me.

brb

Not getting "agro" im perfectly normal. I just dont understand your OP. Taking subtle shots at La Masia and our philosphy.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:Can I also point out, according to this forum.

How does this work?

yes lol, its a joke. We constantly hear how xavi is the best "dictating" midfielder in history, iniesta is as "good as zidane", ect. Now its all about one player? lol. Simply barca had hardly any other scorer last year, its no secret, so they relied a lot on messi to score, and they didnt win any major trophy. Before they had a fit villa, in form pedro, etoo, henry to share goals.

Imo barca at their best built their style around xavi, iniesta, alves, villa, and messi. Xavi controlling tempo and possession, iniesta providing flair and spark in midfield, alves stretching defenses exploiting space and getting lots of assists, villa clinical in goal, and messi just being the outstanding player he is. Add busquets giving defence cover and excellent first passes the tiki taka goes up another notch
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:27 pm

free_cat wrote:Bad timing when we had such a great display yesterday for 60 minutes without Messi.
Although Messi had the advantage of being sub against 60 minute men, the game changed drastically when he came on. And during the 30min he produced more substance than any other player on course of 90min (2 goals, should have had 1-2 penalties more, gave Pedro 1 great goal scoring opportunity and one possible through ball). And this was after he was kicked around 180 minutes, in other side of the world.

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:27 pm

The Franchise wrote:
jibers wrote:

Player doesnt play.

brb

Not getting "agro" im perfectly normal. I just dont understand your OP. Taking subtle shots at La Masia and our philosphy.

lol. How am i taking shots? I'm just asking a question dude. I was using those as point, not to be aggro.

Dani pls
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 pm

OK then, seemed to me like you was. But if you say you wasnt then you wasnt. Lets move on.

Jiopsi, Messi scored a penalty he didnt win and a tap in. The game changed because it became more open..Messi came on because it was more open. He should have won his own penalty true, but Messi hardly changed the game.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Napoli Maradona
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Jiopsi, Messi scored a penalty he didnt win and a tap in. The game changed because it became more open..Messi came on because it was more open. He should have won his own penalty true, but Messi hardly changed the game.
Yeah, he himself should have had the first penalty, and possible second. Also watch the tap in move, how he sucks pretty much the whole Getafe onto small area, which then enabled the fast attacking move, ending with tap in. More open etc. doesn't matter, he still had the most substance during the 30min cameo.

Last edited by jiopsi on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next