Onyx
The Franchise
Highburied
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pedro Rodriguez - Page 2 Empty Re: Pedro Rodriguez

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 pm

i didn't say he is as good as him but i said they are the similar type of players, Pedro would play the same amount of minutes if he played for us, Callegoat is just unlucky he has to compete with DiMaria while Pedro has the luxury of competing with Tello/Sanchez

Both scorers=check (never mentioned anything about whetehr they are as good as each other, just pointing out the fact they they both are)

Both assist in defence=check (again not "comparing")

Both shat dribblers=check (acknowledging that one knows his weakness while the other still tries, again not "comparing" their dribbling abilities)

Both do very little apart from that=check(note "very little" does not mean "at all")

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Though i haven't really followed Calejon, but the few times i did, i think Pedro has some more tricks up the sleeves (without comparing) in contrast to Calejon, such as positional awareness, and off-ball movements.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:33 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:i didn't say he is as good as him but i said they are the similar type of players, Pedro would play the same amount of minutes if he played for us, Callegoat is just unlucky he has to compete with DiMaria while Pedro has the luxury of competing with Tello/Sanchez

Both scorers=check (never mentioned anything about whetehr they are as good as each other, just pointing out the fact they they both are)

Both assist in defence=check (again not "comparing")

Both shat dribblers=check (acknowledging that one knows his weakness while the other still tries, again not "comparing" their dribbling abilities)

Both do very little apart from that=check(note "very little" does not mean "at all")

Pedro has had a lot of competition at Barca and prevailed.

He benched Henry, arrogant Ibahimovic, now he has Sanchez, villa, tello to battle for a place and it seems like he has cemented his spot alongside messi upfront!!

Hack even Torres, Mata and Navas for Spain.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Pedro an average dribbler :facepalm:.Oh my lord.Comparing Pedro with Callejon :facepalm:.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:58 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:no he wouldnt because Pedro is like Callejon, can score you the goals and assist in defence but other than that he is useless

Ronaldo has more tools than to just look for an opportunity to run behind a defence, someone like Arbeloa would keep him quite for a whole game, Arbeloa likes it when someone tries to run behind him because he usually spots them

I'm sorry I picked this comment of yours out but what you have been saying in this post is utter garbage.

Pedro has more work rate then almost any other player out there and runs his socks off every game in a excellent way not like a chicken with his head cut off like so many other players.

And to say Pedro is below average or can't dribble is one of the most uninformed comments on this board that I have seen in quite some time. He is a fantastic dribbler and when he is on and not injured is one of the best wingers in the world, I mean just look how much we missed him last year. I've always said I have no Idea why we keep trying to replace him with Sanchez, Tello, Cuenca, Afellay etc etc.

And as for the specific quote that I highlighted comparing him to Ronaldo, of course he is not the same player as Ronaldo and he's not better but for you to say what's bolded below is just not true at all.

Ronaldo has more tools than to just look for an opportunity to run behind a defence, someone like Arbeloa would keep him quite for a whole game, Arbeloa likes it when someone tries to run behind him because he usually spots them

Pedro offers way more then that and Ronaldo could learn a thing or two about effort and tracking back from Pedro as well as team playing within his team. Again Ronaldo is a better player but MAdrid doesn't just stop Pedro that is false and there are a lot of things Pedro brings to the table the Ronaldo doesn't and vice versa.

And thanks for the reasonable Madrid fans as well as other teams fans giving Pedro his due in this thread it's really just two posters which anyone could have guessed who are supporting the PEdro doesn't do enough and other teams don't want him agenda.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:26 pm

I would take Pedro over Theo & Gervinho everytime. The guy is class & reliable. One of the reasons he was below average last year was probably due to tactic, he's required to stretch defense out wide while he loves cut in or run behind defense line. Can't wait to watch MVP again.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Dribbling isn't Pedro's weakness.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Id take Pedro over the likes of Arsenal wingers, except for Walcott perhaps.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2