How Highly do you rate Paul Scholes?

+2
Die Borussen
DidierDrogba11
6 posters

Go down

How Highly do you rate Paul Scholes? Empty How Highly do you rate Paul Scholes?

Post by DidierDrogba11 Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Would you guys rate Paul Scholes in the same class as Xavi,Pirlo,Alonso....??
?? hmm Rolling Eyes
DidierDrogba11
DidierDrogba11
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

How Highly do you rate Paul Scholes? Empty Re: How Highly do you rate Paul Scholes?

Post by Die Borussen Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:44 pm

yes he was as good

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

How Highly do you rate Paul Scholes? Empty Re: How Highly do you rate Paul Scholes?

Post by Lex Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:51 pm

Maybe, but it's high time he hung up his boots. I cringe whenever i see him on the pitch nowadays.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Scholes is in the same class, but i wouldn't put Alonso in the same class.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by eyeopener Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Definitely in the same class as Xavi and Pirlo. One (or two) level above the types of Xabi Alonso, Iniesta etc. One of the best midfielders ever, no doubt. He played with and against the likes of Schmeichel, Cantona, Sammer, Dunga, Guardiola to Zidane, Nedved, Effenberg, Rivaldo and is still playing against the David Silva's and Hazard's of this world.

His constancy is one of the best, and up there with Javier Zanetti & David Villa, playing at such a high level since mid 90's. freakin unbelievable!

Nothing but praise and admiration for this A+ midfielder, a truly Manchester United legend and a real role model on and off the pitch.

eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DailyNumpty Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 am

Agreed. Alonso not on the same level as Scholes, Xavi, Pirlo - who are without a doubt the three best central midfielders at pulling the stings - at least over the last couple of decades.

Xavi the best around at the moment, but Scholes was one of the best ever in his heyday.

Xavi on Scholes: "In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more."
DailyNumpty
DailyNumpty
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

http://www.dailynumpty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum