narbeZ
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Goalkeeping thread Empty Goalkeeping thread

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:46 am

Post all news here regarding the goalkeeping situation .....

Last edited by The Fonz on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Goalkeeping thread Empty Re: Goalkeeping thread

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:51 am

Stekelenburg looks the favourite.

But there was also whispers of a Frey - Curci swap in the press today...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:06 am

Stekelenburg seems to definitely be our first choice at this point.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:11 am

ErPupone wrote:Stekelenburg seems to definitely be our first choice at this point.

Yeah he will only cost around 8-10 million ..Pure steal imo for a keeper of his quality...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:Stekelenburg seems to definitely be our first choice at this point.

Yeah he will only cost around 8-10 million ..Pure steal imo for a keeper of his quality...

Yeah. So if we do buy him, we would have Stekelenburg, Curci, Doni, Sergio, Lobont and our reserve/youth keepers (Frasca, Pigliacelli, Pena). At this point, it seems like we're going to go with Stekelelnburg and Lobont for sure, with anyone's guess as to who will complete the trio. Doni is definitely on his way out which I strongly approve of. Sergio seems likely to be leaving as well, while Curci could go either way.

Personally, I would loan Curci out again (Bologna and Genoa need keepers) and go with Stekelenburg, Sergio and Lobont.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:21 am

ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Yeah. So if we do buy him, we would have Stekelenburg, Curci, Doni, Sergio, Lobont and our reserve/youth keepers (Frasca, Pigliacelli, Pena). At this point, it seems like we're going to go with Stekelelnburg and Lobont for sure, with anyone's guess as to who will complete the trio. Doni is definitely on his way out which I strongly approve of. Sergio seems likely to be leaving as well, while Curci could go either way.

Personally, I would loan Curci out again (Bologna and Genoa need keepers) and go with Stekelenburg, Sergio and Lobont.

I agree with everything you said bro...But i don't think Sergio will want to stay and play 2nd fiddle to Stekelenburg so i think it would be best if we cash in on him ...

Have Lobont as back up and one of the youth keepers...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:06 am

Yeah Sergio is going to want that starting spot which is why I think he's leaving.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:15 am

I don't know what Sabatini is waiting for. Sign Stekenlenburg already! This guy wants to be here, and he is quality. By far the best choice out of every other name I've heard, do it up. I think this will come before Bojan (which im not happy about).
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:30 am

narbeZ wrote:I don't know what Sabatini is waiting for. Sign Stekenlenburg already! This guy wants to be here, and he is quality. By far the best choice out of every other name I've heard, do it up. I think this will come before Bojan (which im not happy about).

Patience, the transfer window didn't even open yet. Let's not blow our whole budget in one week Juve-style lol.

PS- I won't be able to make jokes like this anymore will I? Have mercy on me Devi!
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:45 am

LOL quite all right, Mike.

I think we'll get Stekelenburg with Lobont as his deputy. If we're not going to hold on to Curci or Sergio then one of Pena and Pigliacelli needs to be brought in as the reserve keeper.

Rafael Santos keeps popping up in reports as well. Still don't know a whole lot about him though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamuro Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:49 am

Stekelenburg is classes above Frey. He should be your primary option. He is still young for a keeper and I must say, he is one of my favorites.
Zamuro
Zamuro
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:00 am

Get Sirigu !

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:08 am

sciacca wrote:Get Sirigu !

I will get on the phone straight away and tell Sabatini to get Sirigu.. Razz

You would have to be mad in the head to pass up Stekelenburg for Sirigu...

Do you not realise how much Zamp would want for him ?

If he's looking for 50 mill for Pastore,god only know's how much Sirigu would cost ..maybe 30 million..fk that

Stekelenburg>>>>>>>>>Sirigu

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:53 am

Wednesday 29 June 2011
Blog: Roma's costly No 1 problem
Roma have four goalkeepers on their books, but they don’t include a No 1 for next season. Antonio Labbate on Walter Sabatini’s custodian conundrum

It totals €7.6m. That’s how much Roma’s four goalkeepers will cost them on a yearly basis. To put that into context, only Juventus and Inter pay more, but they have Gianluigi Buffon and Julio Cesar, the Giallorossi don’t. Instead, they have a quartet of average custodians and not one of them is likely to be the club’s No 1 in the new season.

In the mind of sporting director Walter Sabatini, he’d like to bring in a quality ‘keeper to be the first choice – Ajax’s Maarten Stekelenburg? – backed up by Gianluigi Curci, after he returned from Sampdoria this summer, and Bogdan Lobont. That leaves him with the problematic task of finding Alexander Doni and Julio Sergio new homes.

Doni is undoubtedly the club’s biggest drain on resources. He’s on €2.3m a season after tax until 2012, with a disputed option for a further season that only intensifies the capital club’s eagerness to get the Brazilian international off their books. That is easier said that done.

Doni is no longer the decisive ‘keeper that he alluded to be in 2008 when he was, perhaps prematurely, handed such a healthy and wealthy contract renewal. Today he’s a net-minder who, despite being brought back into the team by Vincenzo Montella last season, still has it all to prove after he picked up a knee injury in 2008-09. He’s not been the same player since.

Liverpool have come forward for his services, but Doni had no hesitation in rejecting a switch to Anfield. “After signing a five-year contract in 2008 [note that he says five] and giving up a knee for the Roma cause, I’m not ready to give up on money as well,” he stated. “Liverpool made me an offer, but their terms were unacceptable. They wanted to cut my wages by 60 per cent.”

With interest in Doni almost non-existent, especially given his salary expectations, Sabatini’s sporting director skills are going to be tested to the maximum. With little to work with, he’s decided to play mind games with the former Juventude man in an attempt to get him out of the door.

“Doni has to understand that he can use his pride in a different manner,” the official stated. “If I was him then I would do all that I possibly could to put myself back under discussion as Edwin Van Der Sar did after his flop season at Juventus.”

Compatriot Julio Sergio has less exuberant wages, but he’s contracted until June 2014 and that is an attractive agreement for an almost 33-year-old. Roma were again hasty in handing the South American new terms back in the summer of 2010.

Granted he had done well in 2009-10, but the man who Luciano Spalletti once labelled as the “best third-choice ‘keeper in the world” had played zero Serie A games for the club in three campaigns before his debut against Juventus in August 2009. A one-season wonder if there ever was one.

Siena and Torino have been recently linked with Julio Sergio, but their original target was Jean-Francois Gillet of Bari. It remains to be seen whether his switch to Bologna will work in Roma’s favour or not. It could certainly kick-start the goalkeeping market, potentially creating a domino effect that the Eternal City outfit and Sabatini will have been desperately waiting for.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:54 am

Wednesday 29 June, 2011
Roma look to Cameroon 'keeper

Roma’s search for a goalkeeper continues as, after Maarten Stekelenburg, they are linked with Cameroon international Carlos Kameni.

The Giallorossi have made it clear they want a world class shot-stopper this summer, as Alexander Doni and Julio Sergio are on the market.

Up until now it was assumed Ajax star Stekelenburg was the prime target, but new reports have linked them with Kameni.

The 27-year-old Cameroon talent has impressed at Espanyol and is valued at around €5m.

Roma have competition for Kameni, who is also of interest to Fulham.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:57 am

I know it's a bit off -topic but i wanted to post this...1.4 million what a steal by Bologna..I was calling for this guy a few months back..

Oh well....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 29 June, 2011
Official: Bologna buy Gillet

Bari have officially sold goalkeeper Jean-Francois Gillet to Bologna for €1.4m.

The Belgian shot-stopper had been a long fixture at the Stadio San Nicola, first joining in 2000.

Gillet has notched up 353 appearances for Bari between Serie A and B in those 11 years.

Bologna needed a new goalkeeper, as they lost Emiliano Viviano to Inter in a blind auction after filling in the form incorrectly.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:06 am

Wow, great acquisition. Bari obviously needed the money fast, but 1.4 million is still incredibly low for one of the best keepers of the season. Looks like screwing up their offer for Viviano wasn't so bad after all.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:12 am

Impressive piece of business indeed from the Emilia-Romagna side.

Their keeper situation is basically solved now.

Our is far from it. One thing we can take solace in is that we're going to have a very safe pair of hands between our sticks.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:51 am

Roma’s search for a goalkeeper continues as, after Maarten Stekelenburg, they are linked with Cameroon international Carlos Kameni.

The Giallorossi have made it clear they want a world class shot-stopper this summer, as Alexander Doni and Julio Sergio are on the market.

Up until now it was assumed Ajax star Stekelenburg was the prime target, but new reports have linked them with Kameni.

The 27-year-old Cameroon talent has impressed at Espanyol and is valued at around €5m.

Roma have competition for Kameni, who is also of interest to Fulham.

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:58 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/06/30/2554982/ajax-claim-roma-have-not-made-an-approach-for-maarten
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:06 am

Yeah, that's normal for us lol

We'll get around to him eventually I suppose. His agent says we still have priority so that's comforting I guess.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:15 am

I would'nt buy Kameni he only plays well against Barca lol...

Then again i suppose you could buy him and play him against Lazio Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:49 am

Don't really matter who we have in goal against Lazio...they've sucked so hard in the derby...Fumblefingers McGee aka. Alexander "I don't want no stinkin' paycut" Doniebar has even had decent games against them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:58 am

Stekelenburg is a decent goalkepeer.Im happy if we get him.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Friday 1 July, 2011
Ajax await Stekelenburg offer

Roma have yet to make contact with Dutch giants Ajax over a possible bid for Maarten Stekelenburg.

Reports in Italy are suggesting that the Giallorossi are very keen on the goalkeeper, but no bid has been tabled.

“I don’t know if Roma are close to him, all I know is that nobody from Roma has contacted us,” sporting director Danny Blind told calciomercato.it.

“Perhaps they have spoken to his agent, but certainly not with us.”

Roma are apparently hoping to net the custodian for about €8m, even if some sources suggest Ajax would want almost double that amount.

“I won’t talk about transfer fees with the media,” Blind continued.

“Even if his contract does expire in 2012, he remains a very strong goalkeeper who is of interest to a number of clubs.”

Roma currently have four goalkeepers on their books – Alexander Doni, Julio Sergio, Gianluca Curci and Bogdan Lobont.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on Sabatini quit screwing around,sign him already ...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next