Red Alert
Kick
Art Morte
mr-r34
McAgger
19 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 4 Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:31 pm

OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN

How many times does this man have to save us ffs Proud

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 4 Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:49 pm

Had an incredible game against Fulham. What a legend, words don't do him justice.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:02 am

I F***ING LOVE YOU STEVIE, HAVE MY BABY'S.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:02 am

Do you know what pains (infuriate to be precise) me most when I hear all the rambles about CRon, Messi, Ribery and other so-called 'Gods of Football'!!! My Stevie is twice the man they are and just because he haven't won bucket-load of titles like them or haven't traded his loyalty for tin-cups, he is made a mere footnote.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:41 am

I don't think he's made just a footnote, but comparing him to CRonaldo, Messi and Ribery is a bit of a stretch, too Smile

On his day he is right on the next level, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 4 Rh2Pmjz

cheers 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Hey all, big time Liverpool fan and first time poster in the Liverpool section here.

Have to say I will be gutted when Gerrard finally hangs up his boots. Pure class and amazing player. Best ever for the Reds in my opinion. People thought he was done but he's proving everyone wrong this year!
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Welcome El Cujo, second new member in recent days :bow:
:cheers for that
we had someone called 'El Jefe' he was really active and sensitive about Lucas alone and after few days never posted again :coffee:
looks like the tides are finally changing at Anfield and everybody is feeling it :bow: and now just hope that you will stick around here longer

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:15 pm

El Cujo wrote:Hey all, big time Liverpool fan and first time poster in the Liverpool section here.

Have to say I will be gutted when Gerrard finally hangs up his boots. Pure class and amazing player. Best ever for the Reds in my opinion. People thought he was done but he's proving everyone wrong this year!

I will need your address and number. Because I will hunt you down when you disappear in few weeks.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Don't worry I don't plan on going anywhere. Smile I love discussing football and it's not so easy to find a lot of discussion here in Canada (that's hint #1 for my address).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Welcome, buddy Thumbs up

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:01 am

I have played alongside some of the greatest footballers of my generation, but there is only one ex-team-mate I would rate higher than Steven Gerrard.

The biggest compliment I can give him is he is second only to Zinedine Zidane in terms of his world-class status. Since the first time I saw Stevie play, as an 11-year-old in the Liverpool youth ranks, it has been obvious how much ability he possessed to become the complete, modern footballer.

As he evolves his game in the latter years of his career for club and country, it is no surprise he is continuing to excel. His new role at Liverpool as a deep midfielder is a position he can play blindfolded. It is the easiest position on the pitch and, if anything, the only obstacle to success is psychological.

The reason I would have been reluctant to put him there in previous years is he is too good for the job. You want your most dynamic players making a difference in the final third, not protecting the defence. It is difficult for a player whose natural instinct is to bomb forward, creating and scoring goals to stay disciplined and hold back.

Gerrard can do it, but curbing the desire to join attacks is what requires most practice.

There comes a point in every career where you know you have to adapt to thrive and evidently Stevie has reached it.

So far, it is working ideally, offering plenty to ponder for England manager Roy Hodgson as much as Brendan Rodgers.

It was said throughout my time with England that Gerrard and Frank Lampard could not play together in a two-man central midfield. I agreed. They both needed the freedom to get forward and could only flourish with someone behind. Gerrard’s new position offers an opportunity for others equally suited to the advanced role.

An England midfield of Gerrard and Michael Carrick sitting in front of the back four with Ross Barkley given the freedom to roam from central midfield just ahead excites me. It has balance and creativity, as well as ensuring England have technical players who can retain the ball.

What you will also continue to get with Gerrard is the ability to see and execute passes others would never even consider. His defence-splitting ball to Daniel Sturridge against Fulham on Wednesday night was the perfect example, and brought back plenty of memories of the numerous times I benefited from Gerrard’s skill and vision.

I first met Stevie in 1992 at Liverpool’s training ground when we were emerging through the club’s youth ranks, looking to impress the academy coaches as well as each other.

In those days there was no standing on ceremony when judging the talent. The Liverpool coaches quite openly put the best players in the same team and, as we were considered two of the brightest prospects, we would always be paired.

You knew quickly you were playing alongside someone special. There was not an instant moment of realisation, as such. There never is with footballers.

People assume you have noticed a particular pass or a shot slammed into the top corner from 25 yards, stood back in awe and thought ‘how good is he?’

It is much more subtle than that. You identify the first touch, the balance and movement, speed of thought and natural technique of a player more than the moment of individual brilliance.

With me, I would make a forward run and this tiny lad in midfield – believe it or not I was bigger than Stevie in those days – would just keep delivering the ball into my path. That was how it was with Stevie and me for the next 20 years for Liverpool or England. No one created more goals for me.

We would spend the entirety of our youth career discussing the possibilities ahead and, but for injuries, he would have broken into the senior side at the same time as me at 17. His body struggled at first but was built to last, whereas I was the pocket rocket who suffered later in my career.

There are some who argue Gerrard cannot be rated so highly because he does not have the medal haul to compare with, say, the Manchester United players. It is preposterous to judge a player’s ability based on his trophy collection. There are dozens of players who have several Premier League winners’ medals who are not fit to lace Gerrard’s boots.

The only reason Gerrard does not have the title is because he turned down the opportunity to join clubs who would have instantly satisfied that ambition. That was a decision he took out of loyalty to a club which, for most of his career, has never been in the position to win the title.

I cannot think of any world-class player who has been more loyal than Gerrard given the offers he has declined. With all due respect to the United lads who came through the ranks and became one-club players, they knew at the start of every season they would either win the league or go close.

It was a lot tougher for those of us who came through at Anfield to resist the urge to pursue success elsewhere. I wanted to experience football abroad before going back to Liverpool – just like Ian Rush did when he joined Juventus – but that return never materialised.

It means Stevie and I took different career paths and although supporters will always want you to stay at their club, speaking purely as a player there is no right or wrong decision.

There have been times Stevie has asked me what it was like in Madrid, no doubt wondering if it was an opportunity he should have grasped.

He will only know when his career is over whether he would have spurned so many opportunities to move on if he could make those decisions again, but with a Champions League winner’s medal already, the one trophy that would ensure he never thinks about what might have been is the Premier League.

If he could lift that trophy just once at Anfield, it will mean more to him than had he won it many times elsewhere. It would also ensure, when he assesses his career many years from now, he would regret nothing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10639711/The-biggest-compliment-I-can-pay-Liverpools-Steven-Gerrard-is-to-rate-him-second-only-to-Zinedine-Zidane.html
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:24 am

I friction hate Owen Laughing No matter how much he pleads that he's still a red, I just can't get that out of my head.

Btw welcome el Cujo. We are a very friendly and tight knit group of guys. If you stick around for a bit you'll love it here.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:25 am

Unless you don't like Kate Beckinsale. Then you should leave us right away :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:06 am

It is preposterous to judge a player’s ability based on his trophy collection. There are dozens of players who have several Premier League winners’ medals who are not fit to lace Gerrard’s boots.

rofl

Other than the irony in the part quoted, thought it was a decent article. Owen's one of Gerrard's best friends, so he wasn't going to say much wrong.  Very Happy 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:27 pm

6/6 Proud

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 4 24

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 4 Gerrard

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 4 12-01-2014-GifNumber-63

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 4 18-01-2014-GifNumber-83

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 4 12490027734_ef8e83721d_o

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 4 16-02-2014-GifNumber-155
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:28 pm

I think Gerrard was absolutely fantastic today.

He really is learning this position fast, and is providing a whole new dimension to our attack by that. Amazing game

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:00 am

He's been playing the same role (DLP) as last season which he does fine in. (In possession etc.)
His problem has always been with his defensive duties and it's still a worry now. He's reactionary not proactive. And he struggles when he's closed down.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:30 am

Agent 007 :bow:

Sturridge you beauty, what a nickname that is for Stevie.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:00 pm

Great interview this week :bow:

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:02 am

How hard is our agent 007 ffs?

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 4 13203074535_b7ab645e00_o

Full on head collision, knocks out two guys, doesn't even flinch ffs

Poor lad Raheem Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:16 am

3 years before Rodgers:

64 games, 18 goals, 14 assists

Under Rodgers:

50 games, 19 goals, 18 assists
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:31 am

GODgers :bow: in terms of of individual performance improvement Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:10 am

1 more goal and Stevie will equal Kenny who is 6th in our all time leading scorer's list with 172.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:12 am

Not sure what was better, his goal or his celebration. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 am

Unbelievably, this is his second highest goal scoring league campaign of his career. And it's coming in a year where he's playing a DM/Regista. 3 more goals and he'll tie his highest tally in 08-09 with 16.

After today he's now scored the most penalties ever for Liverpool.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next