BeautifulGame
Art Morte
Kick
Onyx
free_cat
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Swansea fans thoughts on lack of Tiki-taka under Laudrup Empty Swansea fans thoughts on lack of Tiki-taka under Laudrup

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:36 am

I’m a little concerned by the fact we don’t play possession football anymore. There’s a kind of echo in the media that’s trickled down to some of our own fans that we still have a unique playing style, but we don’t. We don’t play any different than most teams. We’re not deliberately trying to keep possession; we seem quite at ease with losing the ball, with taking that chance. We’re more risky in possession. Make no mistake, we’re not Swansealona anymore., we’re just another Premiership team. Unique identity in the bin. Not necessarily a bad thing in itself of course if it works.

Watching us losing possession without a second thought and then trying to go toe-to-toe physically with the opposition to win the ball back is not a confidence-boosting sight. I don’t think we can compete physically with most teams this season, so why be so deliberately slack in possession to put ourselves in the positions of constantly having to fight to get the ball back? Make no mistake, this is a deliberate tactic to not keep the ball so much – and to me that rings alarm bells .

absolutely.. We're just a good passing team now.. not a possession purpose team which is a shame.

Our passing and possession football does matter! it is part of our identity and the reason we have fans in places like Spain and Portugal.

I got to say though we've played 60 minutes or more with 10 men over all and are only behind Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool in the Possession and passes stakes. I'm sure if we finished both games with 11 we would have had a few hundred more passes and more possession.

http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=6

hmm

Back to top Go down

Swansea fans thoughts on lack of Tiki-taka under Laudrup Empty Re: Swansea fans thoughts on lack of Tiki-taka under Laudrup

Post by free_cat Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:24 am

Laudrup is meh as a coach.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Swansea fans thoughts on lack of Tiki-taka under Laudrup Empty Re: Swansea fans thoughts on lack of Tiki-taka under Laudrup

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:29 am

Different manager, different style. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 am

Shame, I really enjoyed them last season.

that being said, I am not surprised, Allen and BR were a big part of their style IMO.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:08 am

People are talking as if they're bottom of the table. They've got 7 points from 6 games, last season they had 5 points from the first 6 games.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:13 am

Art Morte wrote:People are talking as if they're bottom of the table. They've got 7 points from 6 games, last season they had 5 points from the first 6 games.

The difference is how awful there defense is even at Liberty stadium.They mainly stayed up because their form and defence were excellent at home.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:48 am

If it wasn't for Ashley Williams they would have over 10 points, but his childish mistakes cost them, Swansea were the most boring team last year, don't get how teams can think it was any good to watch
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:57 am

Freeza wrote:If it wasn't for Ashley Williams they would have over 10 points, but his childish mistakes cost them, Swansea were the most boring team last year, don't get how teams can think it was any good to watch

They dominated most of the teams that came to Liberty stadium that too with a team mostly made up of players only with championship experience.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:46 pm

free_cat wrote:Laudrup is meh as a coach.

Finally someone had the courage here to say that. Laudrup is one of the most one-dimensional and inflexible managers I've seen in this decade. Fans are only swoon to his attacking philosophy but he cannot back it up with any pre-game/in-game tactical changes to adapt or improvise to the oppositions'. His time at Getafe, Spartak, and especially Mallorca were all testaments to this.

Average at best.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Who said he was a top manager? Razz

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Arq hmm

He's average because he can't adapt yet your manager knows only one way of playing and is very inflexible.

Your going to have to convince me a bit more tbh.

Also i'd love to see the Swansea fan's reaction to the keep it 0-0 and try to knick a goal using your best individuals in the second half on offer at Newcastle atm.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Arq hmm

He's average because he can't adapt yet your manager knows only one way of playing and is very inflexible.

Also i'd love to see the Swansea fan's reaction to the keep it 0-0 and try to knick a goal using your best individuals in the second half on offer at Newcastle atm.

scratch You are referring to Biesla or Allegri or Rodgers or Pardew?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Tbf all of them are inflexible Laughing but i was referring to Rodgers.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:48 pm

We have completed the most ever passes for Liverpool in PL history yesterday.Rodgers and tiki taka are goat :bow:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:50 pm

What? Laudrup has 10 years of managing experience while BR hasn't even reached 4 let alone the difference in their age.

Rodgers might play on system yet that is his philosophy and he stands by that. This doesn't mean he is numb to the needs of the pre-game/in-game tactics needed to adapt as he has been lauded by us fans by his wonderful changes such as 2nd half or with his substitutions. Don't let the points fool you as Rodgers has just needed time to integrate his philosophy as then comes the inner workings of the finer tactics. We have no problem with his ability to adapt considering he has shown that many times.

I would have forgiven Laudrup but he did the EXACT same crap at his previous teams. Once teams actually figure his shallow one dimensional plan than its easy for them to thwart it.
BeautifulGame wrote:

scratch You are referring to Biesla or Allegri or Rodgers or Pardew?

lol what? Milan and Liverpool are my only teams Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tbf all of them are inflexible Laughing but i was referring to Rodgers.

Allegri being inflexible is a myth Mole and you know that. Bielsa? LOL considering he is FAR FAR to flexible with his insane change of tactics and systems. C'mon man
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
lol what? Milan and Liverpool are my only teams Laughing

I thought u also support Bilbao being from Basque country Smile
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:59 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:We have completed the most ever passes for Liverpool in PL history yesterday.Rodgers and tiki taka are goat :bow:

Should never have let him go Mad

FFS!!!
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:37 pm

:I'mveryunoriginal:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Finally someone had the courage here to say that. Laudrup is one of the most one-dimensional and inflexible managers I've seen in this decade. Fans are only swoon to his attacking philosophy but he cannot back it up with any pre-game/in-game tactical changes to adapt or improvise to the oppositions'. His time at Getafe, Spartak, and especially Mallorca were all testaments to this.

Average at best.

rofl

Laudrup providing that egg on faces :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Laudrup is a GOAT ffs, future RM manager :bow:

Michu for 2m banana

Making a noname like Moore playing passes Xavi would be jealous of. Chaka
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Swansea 7th place :bow:

Laudrup terrible coach :bow:

Swansea not as good as last year :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Swanhends wrote:Swansea 7th place :bow:

Laudrup terrible coach :bow:

Swansea not as good as last year :bow:

:bow:

Replaced Allen with KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:04 pm

FFS THE MICHU-KI PARTNERSHIP HE HAS FORGED

MIIIICCHHHIIIIIII :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Michuuuuu :bow:

Sugenda DL Legend
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Average at best.

rofl

Laudrup providing that egg on faces :bow:

rofl limited rofl

Average rofl can't adapt rofl inflexible rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next