why is paul scholes not rated on this forum??

+11
Red Alert
RecobaRecobaRecoba
Dnmac4
RedOranje
RealGunner
iNFINITY9910
jibers
Zealous
Cotes
The Franchise
truereddevil
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

why is paul scholes not rated on this forum?? Empty why is paul scholes not rated on this forum??

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 pm

i have been reading all the posts etc but it seems quite strange to me..no one has mentioned the great Paul Scholes in any of their teams...i really want to know how much you all rate PAul scholes??
i think bar zidane scholes is t he best mid of past 15 years.. here are some of his fellow footballers opinion about him:

In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
Xavi

My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder.
Zinedine Zidane

Rooney is one of the best players in the world and I love watching him play. But if you had to pick out only one, then for their history and for all that they have achieved it would have to be Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs. They are two shining examples for any player.
Andres Iniesta

Everywhere I go the coaches all tell me that Scholsey is the player they admire. But if they think they’ll get him they’re wasting their time! Paul is a Manc lad pure and simple. He loves the club and there’s no chance of him leaving here. If ever he decided to go there would be a stampede, but he won’t be going, he’s here for life.
Sir Alex Ferguson (Jan 2003)

I’m not the best, Paul Scholes is.
Edgar Davids, in his prime

I told Moratti Scholes is a “mission impossible” man. It’s more than money with him. He was born just a few blocks away from Old Trafford. It`s about wearing United’s colours.
Inter owner Massimo Moratti’s adviser, Pino Pagliara (July 2000)

Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes – he is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him.
Pep Guardiola

I tell anyone who asks me – Scholes is the best player.
Laurent Blanc

For years Paul Scholes has been one of the best players in the Premiership. He’s incredible. He has always been under-rated throughout his career. He’s a team player, a one and two-touch footballer who makes good decisions on the pitch and makes his team play.
Thierry Henry
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

why is paul scholes not rated on this forum?? Empty Re: why is paul scholes not rated on this forum??

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Everyone rates Scholes....just because they dont think he is the best of all time in his position or things like that, doesnt conclude they dont.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

why is paul scholes not rated on this forum?? Empty Re: why is paul scholes not rated on this forum??

Post by Cotes Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:22 pm

you really wanna know....
Because he plays for England & the English national side isn't good...
One can say he won it all at Man Utd but it's a known fact that foreigners have more influence on English Football than English footballers...
(might sound ignorant but look at the facts,out of the regular 11 starting players last season who won with Man City,how much were English?)

Giggs & Scholes are 2 class players but they will Never be in the ranks of players like Xavi,Xabi or Pirlo just because they are from UK which neither England nor Wales are that successful internationally...

Players like Cleverly,Smallings,Welbeck or just English youngsters will mostly get props from supporters of the clubs they play...
They won't really be on the level like Neymar,Lucas,Verratti,El Sharaawy,etc..
(might say I sound ignorant again,but check this out...No English Youngster in my opinion have made a better statement on the big stage than Wilshere vs Barcelona yet still Arsenal didn't get a "solid" foreigner interest for him until he started to rot & eventually get injury ridden, El Sharaawy just burst on the scene last season & Arsenal & Man Utd have shown interest in him already, same with Tello & Man City,etc)

English players will never get that level of ratings just because how the National team performs...
So that why Scholes is respected on Goallegacy but not Iconic....
Smile
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:31 pm

You're preaching to the choir here daddyo. Didn't Scholes just win a poll on who was the best midfielder in the PL era?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 pm

SCholes for me is up there with Xavi. Hell maybe even better seeing as United never used the cm and we always played with four attackers leaving scholes exposed. Bar Xavi's close control I would say Scholes is better tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:45 pm

I think Scholes is one of the best midfielders in the last decade, easily.. not that I like him though lol
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:54 pm

xabi alonso better tha scholes??!!!!!!!! omg the world ends here...
his stats for club has been better than most midfielders...its just bcoz english national team is shit that scholes is not iconic??? well messi and ronaldo should not be iconic too then....all the qoutes from his fellow players and coaches tell u how good he was...taking only club performances he is there with xavi no doubt who is the only one in competetion may pe pirlo too but thats all...
zidane>xavi=scholes=pirlo>gerrad>alonso
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:59 pm

yes he being english hurts in an era domintd by spanish mids but scholes was technically as good as any of them..nt forgetting the goals he scored...
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:59 pm

truereddevil wrote:xabi alonso better tha scholes??!!!!!!!! omg the world ends here...
his stats for club has been better than most midfielders...its just bcoz english national team is shit that scholes is not iconic??? well messi and ronaldo should not be iconic too then....all the qoutes from his fellow players and coaches tell u how good he was...taking only club performances he is there with xavi no doubt who is the only one in competetion may pe pirlo too but thats all...
zidane>xavi=scholes=pirlo>gerrad>alonso

Alonso better than Scholes? Who said that? No one in their right mind would say that. Put Alonso in a 424 and he would look like a joke. He has the mobility of a disabled cat fish ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:01 pm

truereddevil wrote:yes he being english hurts in an era domintd by spanish mids but scholes was technically as good as any of them..nt forgetting the goals he scored...

Not really. He was playing in an era where MF like Viera and Davids were favoured because of their tackling and physicality. NOw the hype is about small technical mf. Scholes is still a class apart for me. Only player I would take over him is Xavi and that's because Scholes is like half a decade older tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:03 pm

The all " He is english so no one rates him " is Bullshit.

Everyone rates scholes. Read What Zidane said about scholes, Or what xavi said about scholes.

He is one of the best Midfielders in the last 20 years. Easily. The fact Fergie pulled him off the Golf Course at 37 says it all
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:06 pm

cotes said scholes is nt in league of xavi pirlo XABi
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm

jibers wrote:
truereddevil wrote:yes he being english hurts in an era domintd by spanish mids but scholes was technically as good as any of them..nt forgetting the goals he scored...

Not really. He was playing in an era where MF like Viera and Davids were favoured because of their tackling and physicality. NOw the hype is about small technical mf. Scholes is still a class apart for me. Only player I would take over him is Xavi and that's because Scholes is like half a decade older tbh.
jibers wrote:

i meant people remeber the present era which is no doubt dominated by spanish mids....davids himself said scholes is the best nt him..and viera is nt to be compared to scholes..we have keane in his reply..
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:The all " He is english so no one rates him " is Bullshit.

Everyone rates scholes. Read What Zidane said about scholes, Or what xavi said about scholes.

He is one of the best Midfielders in the last 20 years. Easily. The fact Fergie pulled him off the Golf Course at 37 says it all
:bow:
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 pm

okay then people give your top 3 mids excluding zidane of past 15 years
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 pm

One of the best tacklers of all time

Back to top Go down

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:25 pm

Schweini wrote:One of the best tacklers of all time

go post somewhere else
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 pm

truereddevil wrote:
Schweini wrote:One of the best tacklers of all time

go post somewhere else

I don't want to.

Back to top Go down

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:35 pm

then post something sensible bro
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:05 pm

truereddevil wrote:then post something sensible bro

Might as well try and get a stone to bleed while your at it Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Pot. Kettle. Black, jibers.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 am

RedOranje wrote:Pot. Kettle. Black, jibers.

LOL I do post seriously. Clean debate section. People that are actually serious...and calling me black....

Reported for trolling...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:32 am

This is the easiest question ever on this forum. He's not rated because most of the people on this forum are like 15 years old.

Can't you tell by the idiotic responses all the time and the next flavor of the month being the best player ever and better then Veteran X who has actually accomplished things and won titles and personal accolades.

And nothing in the past matters only what happened last weekend.

It's because they have only seen a lot of the better players still playing today at the second part of there career's.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RecobaRecobaRecoba Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:45 am

Top 3 Midfielders Barring Zidane is a bit vague

Here's mine

1. Xavi Hernandez
2. Fernando Redondo
3. Vieira/Scholes/Iniesta

All were/are dominant and special in their own way.

Does Ronaldinho count as a midfielder? if so, he'd be top by a country mile in my eyes.

RecobaRecobaRecoba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:25 am

Scholes is up there with Xavi imo. Don't get me wrong, Xavi is quite obviously better atm, but I really do feel when they both retire (permantently anyway) they'll both be considered as good as each other. Amazing footballers. Sepi's sarcasm is right though, Scholes tackles were horrible - he's lucky he played for United. lol

Think people choose Xavi as they've seen him in his prime more recently and due to his accomplishments with Spain.

RealGunner wrote: The fact Fergie pulled him off the Golf Course at 37 says it all

That was more United being skint, tbf.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum