che
halamadrid2
gondov
Lex
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
samcooke1991
11 posters

Go down

Charlton Chairman assaulted by Spanish Police at City game Empty Charlton Chairman assaulted by Spanish Police at City game

Post by samcooke1991 Thu 04 Oct 2012, 21:07

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/03/3421178/charlton-chairman-identified-as-manchester-city-fan-brutally

Video of it there. Michael Slater, Charlton's chairman, was a City fan at their recent 3-2 loss to Madrid.

Video clearly shows he wasn't being provocative whatsoever and the police response (knocking him to the ground) was very very over the top to say the least.

Surely something needs to be done about police brutality in Spain, shocking stuff
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Charlton Chairman assaulted by Spanish Police at City game Empty Re: Charlton Chairman assaulted by Spanish Police at City game

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu 04 Oct 2012, 21:21

Although way over the top reactions from the police the video doesn't show what happened prior.

I saw a version where people were throwing drinks at the police prior to this incident.

Old bill are scum though, the biggest hooligan firm there is.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Charlton Chairman assaulted by Spanish Police at City game Empty Re: Charlton Chairman assaulted by Spanish Police at City game

Post by Lex Thu 04 Oct 2012, 21:25

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:Old bill are scum though, the biggest hooligan firm there is.
I think you'll find that, without them, this country would be overrun by the real scum
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu 04 Oct 2012, 21:44

Abramovich wrote:Disgusting joke of a country.

wow!!! Insult a whole nation because of a few unprofessional officers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't a British police officer kill a guy (who was not even in the protest) during a student demonstration last year or something?

That's more disgusting if you ask me. :coffee:
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu 04 Oct 2012, 21:55

not trying to defend them but that wasn't as brutal as this, they kind of grabbed him/pushed him and he sat himself on the ground and became unconcious, but i have to admit they were very negligent tho, didn't even care that he needed medical attention, if police officers behaved like this in britain there would be alot of talk about it in the parliament

Not only this football game but there is alot on the news about riot police using violence to shut a crowd of protesters, they should not do that imho

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 22:20; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu 04 Oct 2012, 22:18

english fans abroad notoriously behave like utter twats so on balance of probabilities i'd say he was asking for it...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu 04 Oct 2012, 23:32

Can't we just all agree that all countries are scum? :p
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2012, 23:32

che wrote:english fans abroad notoriously behave like utter twats so on balance of probabilities i'd say he was asking for it...

This, plus I have seen a video where before they were throwing stuff at the officers, hurling abuse and getting right in the officers face.

So my guess is he had it coming

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu 04 Oct 2012, 23:39

The problem is the some people think police in other countries are as lenient as they are in the uk
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Fri 05 Oct 2012, 00:13

gunnerlistick wrote:The problem is the some people think police in other countries are as lenient as they are in the uk

Police here are hardly lenient

Just ask Sunderland fans what northumbria police did to them a couple of summers ago in Newcastle central station.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri 05 Oct 2012, 00:21

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:The problem is the some people think police in other countries are as lenient as they are in the uk

Police here are hardly lenient

Just ask Sunderland fans what northumbria police did to them a couple of summers ago in Newcastle central station.

I live in the uk mate, people don't respect the law. you can spit at a police officer, swear at him even confront him. He can't do anything to you, you will just get a slap in the wrist and you will be out.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Fri 05 Oct 2012, 00:28

Actually spitting at a police officer is a pretty serious offense due to the potential of transmitting disease.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri 05 Oct 2012, 03:16

What a bunch of vaginas! So people misbehaving and the cops take them down and we will scream in protest? Where are you people from? Lets all break the law and then the police can come and give us a hug and a kiss. Cops should control hooligans and they should be able to use force, trust me when i say this ultras and hooligans can do some awful things!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 05 Oct 2012, 04:04

I give this thread half a day more, tops. Act like adults and prove me wrong.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 05 Oct 2012, 04:28

Perhaps not this person in particular, but a lot of them deserved what was coming... The British alcoholic-based culture of match watching doesn't always export well.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by samcooke1991 Wed 10 Oct 2012, 17:28

che wrote:english fans abroad notoriously behave like utter twats so on balance of probabilities i'd say he was asking for it...

He's the chairman of Charlton, I seriously doubt he's stupid enough to provoke the police with cameras around , especially since he's a retired solicitor who has taken the case to UEFA in complaint
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down