LeBĂ©ninois
Lex
Raptorgunner
Jay29
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who should start on the right flank?

Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_lcap43%Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 10 ]
Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 7 ]
Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 23

Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who should start on the right?

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:26 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'd quite like to see a Sagna/Jenkinson duo on that side one day. hmm
Them precise crosses :bow:

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Who should start on the right? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who should start on the right?

Post by Jay29 Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:09 pm

That defensive solidity. :bow:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Honestly, if Wenger can make him happy and he can find his form, Arshavin is the best option for the right in my opinion. Very underrated player. Magical when on form.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by abhinav14 Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:08 am

Walcott.

Gervinho's inconsistent and can't finish despite his 5 goals this season. Walcott's speed is so crucial and Cazorla can pick him out easily which can cut open a defence in the process. His finishing is also very good and underrated especially coming in from the wide positions.

Ox should be tried out in midfield for me - the vice-Cazorla - as I believe he'll have better success than Ramsey for us there.

Arshavin, I honestly wouldn't mind but then it seems Wenger's lost all faith in him.

Good point about Cazorla - what I find interesting is that for Malaga, he was most productive on the right wings so that could be useful especially with the returns of Diaby/Jack.
abhinav14
abhinav14
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://thebottomcorner.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Honestly, if one of those wingers dont start performing, i would switch to a 4-3-1-2, with a Arteta-Diaby-Wilshere trio behind Cazorla and then Podolski-Giroud. That would help fit Wilshere and Arteta into one lineup with keeping some steel and defensive stability with Diaby, and Podolski would move into his natural position. The only problem would be that Giroud thrives on crosses...
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:21 pm

I dont know why is a big problem for the right wing with Walcott, Gervinho, OX and Arshavin...

All right footed players.

In my opinion, with current players, we should seek a new formation.

4-3-1-2

Coquelin
Arteta Wilshere

Cazorla

Giroud Podolski

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Walcott is the best possible answer and if him and Jenk can work together like with Sagna I can see them hurting teams.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Walcott is most likely leaving it seems like Wenger has ostracised him until he signs a new contract. Walcott scores much more than our other wide players and his finishing has improved but until a new contract is done he won't play more than 10-15 minutes in EPL matches.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 pm

4-3-1-2 is only viable if the fullbacks can actually produce good end product on a consistent basis, which none of ours can.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Gervinhos tricks may work once in a while against smaller teams making him look like a master.. But he is too predictable and keeps doing the same against stronger teams...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by abhinav14 Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:11 pm

highburied wrote:I dont know why is a big problem for the right wing with Walcott, Gervinho, OX and Arshavin...

4-3-1-2

Coquelin
Arteta Wilshere

Cazorla

Giroud Podolski

Don't think Wenger is one to change a formation especially during a season. He never really experiments with other formations like Fergie.
abhinav14
abhinav14
Prospect
Prospect

http://thebottomcorner.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by evian Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:25 am

"Jack Wilshere, Emmanuel Frimpong & Bacary Sagna came through another 90mins unscathed & should be named in Arsenal squad vs QPR."

Actually We have no winger is in good form recently (OX, Walcott injured, Gervinho not fit)
Why dun we consider putting Cazorla on the right wing (with Giroud centre, Podol on left),
for the midfield, Wilshere attacking front, Arteta connecting at the middle, Frimpong behind supporting defense.

I would love this Midfield combination with Cazorla cheers

Anyone agree? cheers

evian
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 am

I agree. I for one do not understand at all why the idea of moving Cazorla out of the centre is like blasphemy to some. He has been great there, no doubt but how have we been as a team? Really not that great. Because we don't score enough goals. Cazorla has only scored two goals and I think Giroud has twice as many assists as him. So if he is playing well, but our team isn't producing then Im not sure why we HAVE to keep him there.

At malaga he was most productive on the right wing anyhow. He can play anywhere and we have no one better to play there now so why not.

The second Jack is back I would move him over and put jack in the middle and see what happens. Playing jack on the right or playing him in a DM role are both bad ideas imo.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:05 pm

If he's constantly creating chances, why should we move him? We're not compromising the team in any by playing him a central role. The team is actually better with him there because he's so good at what he does.

The problem is that the players we have who can play on the right hand side have been inconsistent and not up to required standards so far. Playing Cazorla there is tempting but you run the risk of having him marked out of games and decreasing the effect he has over them. There's also the chance of our play becoming far too narrow with Podolski on one side and Cazorla on the other. This would bring the fullbacks into play more and we know what their end product is like.

Moreover, we can't even be certain that Wilshere will come back and play as well as he did before, or if that creative role is his best position. He might do well though (I'm pretty damn sure he could) but he might be better in that central midfield role alongside Arteta.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:27 pm

abhinav14 wrote:
highburied wrote:I dont know why is a big problem for the right wing with Walcott, Gervinho, OX and Arshavin...

4-3-1-2

Coquelin
Arteta Wilshere

Cazorla

Giroud Podolski

Don't think Wenger is one to change a formation especially during a season. He never really experiments with other formations like Fergie.
any formation without Gervinho looks good... hmm
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3