djoe26
EL Patron
Amar
Wilson37
Jay29
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Norwich 1 - 0 Some team playing in red and white that was apparently Arsenal FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 1 - 0 Some team playing in red and white that was apparently Arsenal FC

Post by evian Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 21:14

I dun even understand what they were playing in this match.

Even dun know where is the point to improve.

It's just not like what a professional football team should play

100% Disappointed

Cant wait for Wilshere to bring the PASSION back to this team.

Last edited by evian on Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 21:14; edited 1 time in total

evian
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Norwich 1 - 0 Some team playing in red and white that was apparently Arsenal FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 1 - 0 Some team playing in red and white that was apparently Arsenal FC

Post by Wilson37 Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 21:14

gunnerlistick wrote:Is the attacking trio of Giroud,Gervinho and Poldi really good enough ??
problem is they give away possession too easily.. poor passers unlike previous Arsenal midfielders.. and finishing and decision making is terrible except Podolski..
i feel our game demands more tehnical players who are good in possession and passing.. shooting, heading, crossing all are secondary...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 21:29

Disgusted ! dammit ,what a poor performance ....not even> near amateur level....that's really unjustified n definitely unaccepted !
I guess that our players are tooooo much tolerated !in a way....Stop n Check would be a good idea...imo!!!

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:01

I'm both shocked and gutted. Will write up some feelings later tonight after watching it on motd again.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:06

I'm not the fickle type. Every dog has its off day.

However, I'm trying REALLY hard not to rant...

...oh bollocks!

What the Flup was that? Do they expect to be paid for that? I could've played for us and you would not notice the difference between me and the rest of the team. And I am SHITE. And fat. And drunk.

Been watching Arsenal for decades and I think that was the most abject, lazy, pathetic performance I've ever seen.

Like the sort of performance where a team has already qualified for the next stage of the Champion's League top of the group and have to play one more game.

You can 'almost' understand that.

But that was 3 points down the shitter.

Shocker

Just had a massive shit and I would not clean my toilet with their faces.

Well done boys, you made Norwich look like Real Madrid.

Mad
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:08

Samuelj29060 wrote:I'm both shocked and gutted. Will write up some feelings later tonight after watching it on motd again.

Sam I wouldn't watch it again even if the FA award us a point if i do. rofl

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:13; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:11

One of the most criticized players in the team (Arshavin) and an unproven young talent (Gnabry) were our most dangerous players when they came on IMO, which is pretty sad really. I expect a completely different performance on Wednesday, but I still say start Arshavin and bench Gervinho against Schalke and see what happens.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:15

Eman wrote:One of the most criticized players in the team (Arshavin) and an unproven young talent (Gnabry) were our most dangerous players when they came on IMO, which is pretty sad really. I expect a completely different performance on Wednesday, but I still say start Arshavin and bench Gervinho against Schalke and see what happens.

I agree, Arshivan and Gnabry did well during the short time.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:25

I can't say I didn't enjoy and hope for Arsenal to lose, but I sure do sympathize with you guys. Losing to the likes Norwich and WBA always hurts Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:40

Why does Wenger waits forever to make a substitution? I dont think any other manager would have waited this long.

The players failed us and Wenger must take blame also. Wenger should have changed the tactics around 60min not wait till the 90thmin.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 22:54

3 – Cesc Fàbregas is the first player to have three assists in a league game this season. Vision
kill me but i feel even more upset No

exactly in a night we couldnt break a shite team like norwich down
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 23:00

Sina wrote:
3 – Cesc Fàbregas is the first player to have three assists in a league game this season. Vision
kill me but i feel even more upset No

exactly in a night we couldnt break a shite team like norwich down

Talk about puting salt on the wounds. Sad
I cant watch Barcelona games, seeing Cesc and Song there just pisses me off. Today we had one of our worst losses, I think this loss was worse than 8-2. How the hell we cant create any chances against a shit team.

If this was any other team would have lost by close to 8 goals.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 23:26

Im about ready to give up on giroud. He might turn out to be a good player but not the kind of first choice striker a team that wants to win anything should have.

Podolski disappears all the time.

And I've absolutely HAD IT with Gervinho. On the wing he is just complete shit.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 0:19

The worrying thing for me is that whatever Wenger did at half time had no effect. You would have thought that after such a poor first half, the players would come out fired up for the second. Yet, the second half went almost exactly like the first.

That, to me, suggests that the players were well and truly inadequately prepared for the game, and that the manager himself underestimated Norwich.

This isn't a first time occurence, of course. Wenger, as brilliant as he is, isn't the best motivator and not the best at instilling focus and work ethic into his players. Steve Bould doesn't seem much of one, either.

As for Giroud, I'm sticking with my original plan of giving him until January to come good. Beyond that, I don't think we can take the chance of having a struggling striker and we can't rely on Walcott and Chamakh (unless both somehow turn into GOATs in the next couple of months).

I've long since given up on Gervinho coming good.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 0:39

Why are we paying chamakh anyways.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 0:51

RealGunner wrote:Why are we paying chamakh anyways.

Chamakh, Squillaci and Arshavin. Unemployed but on £50k+ a week.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 0:58

At this rate, Arshavin may well find himself out of unemployment. It would not surprise me if he started against Schalke.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 0:59

I still kinda believe in him. He was trying to do something today. The only reason he doesn't start is because of his poor work rate. Otherwise he is twice the player gervinho is imo

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 1:05

On top of having a poor work rate, he also loses the ball so many times because he's always trying to take risks.

But thinking about it, our right winger is never involved in play anyway, so why not stick Arshavin there? We might actually see something being created from that side for once.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 1:12

I was unimpressed by him when he came on. Same laid back, don't care Berbatov-like attitude which always pi***d me of, even in 08/09. But he can do something magical just like that, so yep, he could start on Wednesday.

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 1:35

Pathetic.

Wenger and his rotation system barely works.

How many times this season we have seen different faces in central midfield?

Trying to get rid of defensive midfielder? Good luck with that in premier league.

Our CMs were miles from attack and some cases defence. Ramsey and ArtetA dont have that charisma to boss the midfield.

Why not start Coq or Frim? Both need experience but both have plenty of potential. That way, Cazorla have freedom and Arteta has more space to switch.

Today was shameful and not excusable.

Lazy Bunch.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 2:07

The worst part is we never learn and we will have more games like this. Every time teams attack us looks like they are going to score but we have to kill our self to create chances.

Other big clubs when they go down you know they will come back and score few goals but with us you never sure. The game vs WHU was the same as today we just go lucky.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 2:29

From Daily mail.
I wonder how that amazing £50 Million profit tastes now, or the £207 Million sat in the bank. People say 'we're so behind Chelsea, or City, or United.' But we needn't be. Why couldn't we have bought Hazard instead of Gervinho? Why didn't we buy Mata when he wanted to move to us instead of arguing over £4 Million? Why didn't we offer RVP the wages a world class talent like him deserves? Why is our CEO the highest paid in football, above Chelsea's currently a UCL and FA Cup winner? Above City's a Prem winner? Or United's? Why is Wenger earning £130 000 a week, the highest paid manager in England? Why at Arsenal does their seem to be zero accountability, zero ambition, zero drive and no targets aside from the £35 Million brought in by UCL football? It's a slap in the face to boast to fans about profits when charging them the highest prices in Europe!! Somewhere along the line Arsenal PLC lost touch with fans, football and reality...

- BB , London, 21/10/2012 01:19

hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 2:36

You guys must understand how poor top teams really look after the international break especially Arsenal. So Arsenal with this lack lustre performance shouldn't come as a surprise. I don't know why Wenger continues to play this bland and one-dimensional 4-3-3 but it is devoid of any cohesion between midfield as even if it compresses into a 4-2-3-1 the positions are completely off mark. I still do not know why in the world raw and undeveloped Ramsey continues to play considering he disappears when Arsenal are under pressure along with his awful positioning and decision making subduing Arteta of his influence. Not only he offers zilch in defence yet he isn't really making a mark in the offensive aside from his over-elaborate and unnecessary tricks and passes. Santos is a painfully average player as I quit trying to defend him after his sub-par and complacent defence and predictable attack. Why in the world is Podolski playing isolated on the left when he is better in a free role SS or at least a False 9? Gervinho switches between the flanks but I really am struggling to understand what he does all game aside from his occasional flair to beat his man and positioning. He needs more consistency. Giroud was the only positive influence up front with his hold up play and intelligent movement as he is beyond criticism. Cazorla was the one who truly looked his usual self but much to the dismay himself the front line were without any cohesion and guile. Unsurprisingly Jay continues to be critical of Mannone. How in the world can he be blamed for that rocket of a shot and unpredictable trajectory? Maybe if Mertesacker wasn't slower then Clarence Seedorf he would have at least cleared it. Chesney continues to be safe from criticism despite all his blunders, complete lack of command and pathetic distribution.

Its not even half way the season as only the points lost is the factor to worry about. Norwich had to have one of their occasional minnow spirited performances as given their time and resource during the international break, they well took advantage of the situation. Arsenal still have a chance for the Premier League as Top 4 is nowhere near out of sight. Wenger just needs to position his squad better whilst also giving time and rotation to the players who would succeed under the circumstances. Keep faith as I cannot see many reasons to be negative despite this loss. It simply was one of those games Norwich could not loose.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 2:37

I'd rather we lost the City game and won here. At least with City, you could argue their squad is bursting with talent that could create holes and exploit weaknesses

Who can you use in Norwich's team for the same argument? Hoolahan? Pilkington? Snodgrass? Laughing

This loss somehow hurts more than the 8-2 at Old Toilet
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 2:53

You guys must understand how poor top teams really look after the international break especially Arsenal.

Except Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea all managed to win today despite having just as many players out on international duty. It's not an excuse for the level of performance.

I still do not know why in the world raw and undeveloped Ramsey continues to play considering he disappears when Arsenal are under pressure along with his awful positioning and decision making subduing Arteta of his influence.

He plays because Diaby is injured and Wilshere has only just come back. The alternatives at the moment are more raw and undeveloped players.

Why in the world is Podolski playing isolated on the left when he is better in a free role SS or at least a False 9?

Because we only play with one striking role that he can't play.

Unsurprisingly Jay continues to be critical of Mannone. How in the world can he be blamed for that rocket of a shot and unpredictable trajectory? Maybe if Mertesacker wasn't slower then Clarence Seedorf he would have at least cleared it. Chesney continues to be safe from criticism despite all his blunders, complete lack of command and pathetic distribution.

I didn't criticise Mannone for this game specifically. I've always maintained that he's an average keeper at best.

In any case, the shot wasn't so unpredictable that he couldn't palm the ball to the sides instead of into the centre of the penalty area. That's basic goalkeeping and it's not the first time he's done it.

Moreover, you can't just shift the blame to Mertesacker. The team did absolutely nothing to close down Tettey to begin with, then Mannone made a mess out of saving it.

Also, Szczesny definitely does not escape criticism and he certainly does not lack comand. That's completely wide of the mark.

Norwich had to have one of their occasional minnow spirited performances as given their time and resource during the international break, they well took advantage of the situation.

It really wasn't that good a performance from Norwich. We were absolute crap yet they had less attempts on goal than we did and they spent most of the game sitting back and soaking up our crappy build-up play.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum