Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Arsenal Vs QPR Zp_154767986SM001_Arsenal_FC_T_6432
The Return of the Chosen One

Arsenal Vs QPR
Emirates Stadium
15:00 BST
Referee: A. Taylor

When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going

There is no easy way to say this, We have been absolutely mediocre in the last two games. Blame it on the internationals, which will be the easy thing to do but it takes more than that to criticise the team for what they are. It was an embarrassing performance in our last two games, enough has been said about that and there is no point in me repeating all that. However it does set a certain downgrading mood in the Arsenal Universe. The team obviously will be low on the morale, the fans have lost it ( including me ) and the Media have found a new club to pick on, Not to mention our AGM meeting yesterday was a complete disaster. However there is always a bright side to things, and even though they are not usually obvious, but they still provides us with hope. For example the fact that we are still in October and hence the PL table should just be looked at for motivation and nothing else, because of the fact that it will not be anything like this at the end of the season, unless i just jinxed it. Secondly, We are still in a strong position to qualify for the R16 and even finish top if we can do what Schalke did to us on Wednesday. Finally, We are also in both the cup competitions so that's something to be cheerful about.

How to approach QPR

Normally, this would be one of our easy games against a struggling side. But i doubt it will be anything like that, although i hope i am wrong. We expected Norwich to be a stroll in the park but the way we played, it was a stroll in the park alright, but for Norwich. The most obvious thing to do against QPR would be to rotate, play fresher players no matter if they are inexperienced. I would even bench Podolski because he clearly needs some rest but i don't know if that's sensible. Then the next thing to do is show urgency from the first minute. Get the first goal within 20 minutes otherwise it will be a long long day trying to break them down, and they have the players to hurt us from the Counter. Hence the first goal will be crucial in the early stages. The last thing will obviously be get as many as you can. We need to build the confidence up again, as we have big games coming up in Manchester and Germany.

Team News

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is a major doubt with a hip problem, and Kieran Gibbs, Wojciech Szczesny, Abou Diaby and Tomas Rosicky remain sidelined. Wilshere, Sagna, Walcott all trained today and could be involved.

Clint Hill should be available for QPR after overcoming a head injury. Fabio Da Silva (hamstring) and Kieron Dyer (calf) are back in training and could be involved.

My Preferred team against QPR

------------------------------------Mannone---------------------------------------

Sagna-----------------Mertesacker----------------Koscielny--------------Jenkinson

--------------------------Wilshere-----------------Arteta--------------------------

Walcott-------------------------------Cazorla-----------------------------Arshavin/Gnabry

------------------------------------Giroud/Podolski-----------------------------------

I would put Martinez instead of Mannone but that's never going to happen. In any case, i would go with that team. I was even thinking of Dropping(rest) Arteta for Frimpong but once again, never going to happen. We need more than one creative outlet and thus i'd start with Arshavin, or gnabry even. Bit premature to start wilshere but i think he is ready for it. Hopefully theo is too because i dont think we can watch another 90 mins of Gervinho. Santos shouldn't start otherwise Hoillet will rape him all day.

Probable team for QPR

---------------------------------Cesar--------------------------------------------

Bosingwa------------ Nelsen--------------- Diakite-------------------Traore

-------------Park--------------- Granero---------------- M'Bia----------------

------Hoilett------------------- Zamora-------------------------Taarabt

Match Facts (BBC)

Head-to-head

• Seven of the last 12 league matches between these clubs were drawn. QPR won 2-1 at home in their most recent meeting in March to boost their battle against relegation and end Arsenal's seven-match winning streak.
  • QPR's only win in their last 13 league visits to Arsenal came on New Year's Eve 1994. (W1, D4, L8). John Jensen famously scored his only goal for the Gunners in that game.

Arsenal
  • They have only won one of their last six league fixtures at home since April, averaging a point per game (W1, D3, L2).
  • Twelve points from eight games represents Arsenal's fourth worst return at this stage of a Premier League season. They are a point closer to the foot of the table than the top.
  • They and Manchester City share the division's best defensive record, although Arsenal have not kept a clean sheet in their last five matches.
  • Santi Cazorla has scored nine goals from outside the penalty area since the beginning of last season, more than any other player in the top five European leagues.

QPR
  • QPR have failed to win any of their opening eight Premier League matches. It's the club's worst start to a top-flight season since they failed to win in their first 13 matches of the 1968-69 campaign. They finished that season last and were relegated.
  • They are winless in their last 17 Premier League away matches since a 3-2 victory at Stoke in November 2011.
  • Seven of QPR's opening eight games this season were against opposition currently in the top half of the table.
  • Only Southampton had conceded more than the 17 goals shipped by QPR and Norwich prior to this weekend's fixtures.
  • Djibril Cisse could make his 100th Premier League appearance.

Final Words

There is no other way around this one. A win is required. Preferably a good strong win.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs QPR Empty Re: Arsenal Vs QPR

Post by Jay29 Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Another defeat is just around the corner. cheers

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:43 pm

We better drub these clowns tomorrow.

We better see Jack as well tom, its been too long
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Great Job RG.

Its always nice to read you guys Previews.

The Good News: We're playing QPR. The Bad News: We're playing worse than QPR.

A draw will be a excellent result since we are underdogs.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
The Good News: We're playing QPR. The Bad News: We're playing worse than QPR.

rofl

Good preview RG!

I don't have any expectations from this match either.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 pm

lmao ^
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:51 pm

--------------Martinez

Jenk--------Mert---------Kos--------Verm

---------Arteta---Coquelin

Gnabry---------Santi-----Eisfeld

--------------Podolski

Bench - James Shea, Giroud, Sagna, Wilshere, Frimpong, Arshavin,Djourou
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Why not Podolski on the left, and Giroud as the striker, since he is a striker?
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Artilleristen wrote:Why not Podolski on the left, and Giroud as the striker, since he is a striker?

Giroud is useless with our system and plus Wenger has no faith in Giroud iom.

If Wenger had faith in him or knew how to use him he would start every single game not when things are going bad and gambles with Giroud.

If it was up to me I would start him every game to boost his confidence.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Top work as always

how did you decide to drop Captain of the team though? Clubber

actually with Vermaelen tendency to intercept the ball high up the pitch and Hughes trying to exploit that
Arsenal Vs QPR Hughes10Arsenal Vs QPR Screen69

in addition zamora always turn up against us! i would go with per-kos as well
verm may not provide width on Lb but surely better option than santos

coq should watch Hoilet if he starts in that free role behind striker

QPR Has conceded 2 goals on corners ,one via crossed free kick and some open play goals from crosses to back post +some shots from edge of the box
Santi Cazorla has scored nine goals from outside the penalty area since the beginning of last season, more than any other player in the top five European leagues.
hmm
QPR Goals conceded
Arsenal Vs QPR Screen70
Giroud should start in that case as well as being option when they try to stop us playing from the back

i wouldnt mind if Gnabry starts but not gonna happen
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Zamora and Park always find a way to score against us, so unless we do the impossible and score 3 goals, it will be a long game.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Arsenal Vs QPR 391747_335894736508997_1670660667_n

:bow: :bow:

save us Jack
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:28 pm

One of two things will happen tomorrow; we either marmalize them, or we sink to another defeat
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Nice work RG.

Expecting:

Mannone

Jenkinson Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen

Coquelin Arteta

Gervinho Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

= Martinez Sagna Santos Ramsey Wilshere Arshavin Walcott

*Gnabry to play v Reading anyway
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:51 pm

Arsenal Vs QPR 2012%2f10%2fPodolski-Top(A)

GOD :bow:

that all matters as long as we score first goal :coffee: damn
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Mannone
Arteta Coquelin
Walcott Cazorla Arshavin
Giroud

Bring Podolski, Gervinho and Wilshere later on, in whatever situation we'll be.

QPR are in pretty shite form so it should be a walk in the park... they'll probably go down this season, but so are Norwich and we saw what happened Laughing

Let's use Arshavin and Walcott while they're still here, two goalscorers and two creative players should do better than 3 goalscorers + 1 creative player, we'll become more unpredictable etc. If we play this team I'm sure Giroud will get another goal. Give Podolski, Ramsey and Gervinho some rest, all three have been average for almost a month.

This should be our turning point... well hopefully.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Excellent preview RG , what a coincidence ! playing vs em ....it means ...tha time has come for Arsenal to play with Quality - Pride- Not prink LOL & ReasonablE.......i find the way to WIN ..i guess eco smile

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:17 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Mannone
Arteta Coquelin
Walcott Cazorla Arshavin
Giroud

Bring Podolski, Gervinho and Wilshere later on, in whatever situation we'll be.

QPR are in pretty shite form so it should be a walk in the park... they'll probably go down this season, but so are Norwich and we saw what happened Laughing

Let's use Arshavin and Walcott while they're still here, two goalscorers and two creative players should do better than 3 goalscorers + 1 creative player, we'll become more unpredictable etc. If we play this team I'm sure Giroud will get another goal. Give Podolski, Ramsey and Gervinho some rest, all three have been average for almost a month.

This should be our turning point... well hopefully.
This. Perfect team to play IMO.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:42 pm

----------------------Mannone---------------------
Jenkinson--Mertesacker--Koscielny--Vermaelen
-------------------Arteta--Coquelin----------------
--------------Cazorla--Wilshere--Podolski--------
------------------------Walcott---------------------

Just give walcott a chance upfront because its not like we can be any LESS productive there than we have been.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:16 pm

------------------------------------Mannone---------------------------------------

Sagna-----------------Mertesacker----------------Koscielny--------------Jenkinson

--------------------------Wilshere-----------------Arteta--------------------------

Walcott-------------------------------Cazorla-----------------------------Podolski

------------------------------------Giroud-----------------------------------

I think that this would be our best team. Walcott on the pitch instead of gervihno instantly should make us better. Does he have the best football brains no. But I think that they are better than gervihno. When he can not run past people into the open then he at least knows to pass it to someone else. Also his movement around the goal will be better and he wont be roaming the pitch as much causing spacing issues. Walcott and and Podolski are also use to playing with a striker that can hold the ball up with their back to the goal watching their movement for cuts around the goal. Which makes Giroud the best choice that we have. With Wilshere he will be returning to the same defense minded b2b position that he played before his injury. So IF he is able to come back and regain his form it will be a better fit than Ramsey running all over the place. With the back line I think it depends on the ability of Jenks or Sagna to switch to the other side. If either can then Kos and TV are a coin flip. If either can not switch sides them move TV up and KOS to the back.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:20 pm

in addition to QPR possession stats i posted

from Twitter

Mark Hughes has revealed Ji-Sung Park is a doubt for tomorrow's fixture at Arsenal #QPR

@RoryTheRanger

Hope Park fails that fitness test so we can have a Granero, Faurlin, Diakite midfield

@JordanQPR10

As silly as it sounds, our midfield can dominate Arsenal's. Faurlin/Granero/Diakite superior to Arteta/Ramsey/not match-fit Wilshire. #QPR

what an amazing world we live in Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Arsene Wenger pre-match interview - http://bit.ly/XvhJ11

Mark Hughes pre-match interview - http://bit.ly/UNB4ef

Mark Hughes has lost all 5 of the Premier League games as coach away from home against Arsenal.

QPR have taken 3 points from their last possible 51 away from home in the Premier League. (W0 D3 L14).

Arsenal XI v QPR last season (1-0 win, Dec): Szczesny; Djourou Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen; Song Arteta; Walcott Ramsey Arshavin; RVP,
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsene Wenger pre-match interview - http://bit.ly/XvhJ11

Mark Hughes has lost all 5 of the Premier League games as coach away from home against Arsenal.

QPR have taken 3 points from their last possible 51 away from home in the Premier League. (W0 D3 L14).

Arsenal XI v QPR last season (1-0 win, Dec): Szczesny; Djourou Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen; Song Arteta; Walcott Ramsey Arshavin; RVP,

You know what is going to happen right? :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Feck this sh*tty week! Feck it!!!

We're going HAM in North London tomorrow!!! Thumbs up

A good 5-0 victory is my guess... Oh, and I'd rather Jack come on as a sub. And I swear if AW starts Gerv tomorrow, imma do something bad (don't ask me what, im juz gonna do something bad) lolz

But seriously. It's about time Arshavin gets a fair chance.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsene Wenger pre-match interview - http://bit.ly/XvhJ11

You know what is going to happen right? :facepalm:

NO!!! Feck... That's not going to happen. QPR ain't gonna end their woeful, winless away run against us.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next