Busby Babe
Doc
S
M99
31 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who is better?

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero Vote_lcap45%Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 27 ]
Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero Vote_lcap55%Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 33 ]

Total Votes : 60

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero Empty Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by M99 Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero 2859867778
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by S Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Doc Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Oh dear, this one is hard for us neutrals...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Del Piero.

I firmly believe if it wasn't for that injury, more people would mention him under the same breath as Zidane and Ronaldo.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:02 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:Del Piero.

I firmly believe if it wasn't for that injury, more people would mention him under the same breath as Zidane and Ronaldo.

cheers cheers

They probably should anyway, but your right, in that eventuality they'd be forced too.
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:06 am

Del Piero, in my opinion, is better on and off the pitch. Both men are great, but Del Piero can simply not be compared to. I know I may be biased, but I seriously can say I have not met a person, regardless of their preference to team, who dislikes him for his skill and his respect.

He's gotten standing ovations from Manchester United's crowd, Real Madrid's crowd, even Inter's crowd. He is a phenomenon and a champion that will forever not be forgotten. He is the ultimate footballer.

STATS:
Del Piero has scored 276 in 612, a goal every 2.21 games. Totti has scored 245 in 574, scoring a goal every 2.34 games. Del Piero has scored 53 goals in European Competitions, Totti has 35. Totti has 9 in 58 for Italy, a goal every 9.83 games. Del Piero has 27 goals in 91 for Italy, a goal every 3.37 games

The stats says it all. Forget about the stuff above, in terms of loyalty, class and magic- theyre unbeatable. Forget trophies, accolades etc. These two are sublime!! When it comes down to FT vs ADP, it's all about whoever inspires you, whoever dazzles you. And for me, watching Del Piero so many times, its obviously him.

However, apart from my personal bias I cannot separate these two legends whose loyalty, passion and consummate skill and creativity is unquestionalbe. Each has in their own way contributed immensely to Italian football, with youngsters around the world aspiring to be just these two players and when it comes to the time when they hang-up their boots they will both be remembered as Legends.'

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero Pierototti

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Del piero has more class.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Very difficult choice to make, both are icons, they define the word. Juve fans and Rome fans had their favorite players, FT and ADP are more than favorite player, they represent the club, and represent the game.

I would like to also to point the fact that both players have an excellent adaptation skill. Both changed their playing style to accomedate their age, body, and the ever changing game.

Salute to them both.

Scicca said it all by the way, and he is right.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Agreed, and I know I'am. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Your posting speed is sublime Shocked
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:50 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:Your posting speed is sublime Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:27 am

Del Piero, even though Totti was well he still is magnificent.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:47 am

sciacca wrote:Del Piero, in my opinion, is better on and off the pitch. Both men are great, but Del Piero can simply not be compared to. I know I may be biased, but I seriously can say I have not met a person, regardless of their preference to team, who dislikes him for his skill and his respect.

He's gotten standing ovations from Manchester United's crowd, Real Madrid's crowd, even Inter's crowd. He is a phenomenon and a champion that will forever not be forgotten. He is the ultimate footballer.

STATS:
Del Piero has scored 276 in 612, a goal every 2.21 games. Totti has scored 245 in 574, scoring a goal every 2.34 games. Del Piero has scored 53 goals in European Competitions, Totti has 35. Totti has 9 in 58 for Italy, a goal every 9.83 games. Del Piero has 27 goals in 91 for Italy, a goal every 3.37 games

The stats says it all. Forget about the stuff above, in terms of loyalty, class and magic- theyre unbeatable. Forget trophies, accolades etc. These two are sublime!! When it comes down to FT vs ADP, it's all about whoever inspires you, whoever dazzles you. And for me, watching Del Piero so many times, its obviously him.

However, apart from my personal bias I cannot separate these two legends whose loyalty, passion and consummate skill and creativity is unquestionalbe. Each has in their own way contributed immensely to Italian football, with youngsters around the world aspiring to be just these two players and when it comes to the time when they hang-up their boots they will both be remembered as Legends.'

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero Pierototti
They are both great players.Only stats can compare them-Del Piero is better.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Totti for me. On club level Del Piero had always better teammates around him.
On the other hand I do believe that if it wasn’t for the injury ADP would have been one of the greatest

Still they were both amazing players
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Dang, 50/50. I have to go with Totti because of his contributions to the national team.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Totti because hes a gladiator Razz
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:26 am

Francesco Totti is a lowlife degenerate, and an inferior footballer to Alessandro Del Piero, who, outside of Maldini, is probably the classiest italian to ever play the game.

Forza Del Piero per sempre e basta
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:47 am

king_alex10 wrote:Francesco Totti is a lowlife degenerate, and an inferior footballer to Alessandro Del Piero, who, outside of Maldini, is probably the classiest italian to ever play the game.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:20 am

The xcx wrote:Totti because hes a gladiator Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:21 am

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:27 pm

king_alex10 wrote:Francesco Totti is a lowlife degenerate, and an inferior footballer to Alessandro Del Piero, who, outside of Maldini, is probably the classiest italian to ever play the game.

Your level of intelligence is quite outstanding... muppet.

And speaking of injuries (directed to those who actually took the time to write a mature comment, unlike some idiots)...

Though he bounced back from that injury in 2006, it has shown it's effect again especially since he picked up a few more injuries since then on that leg. If it weren't for that, he would be way past his 207 goals (which is a record for most goals in one jersey).

Now I'm not going to be a classless jerk and say Totti is better simply because I'm a Roma fan. There is very little to seperate both these legends and even statistics can't do it. I'm just happy that I've had the chance to see them both play and win the World Cup together (today is the 5 year anniversary of that btw) as no one will ever be able to repeat their endeavours for their respective clubs.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:20 am

hrealmadrid wrote:Dang, 50/50. I have to go with Totti because of his contributions to the national team.

Well Del Piero's contribution outweighs that of Totti, it has to be said- a lot of that can be attributed due to the fact that Totti retired after the 2006 WC.

Totti: 9 goals, 58 appearances.
Del Piero: 27 goals: 91 appearances.

I just voted and it's 12 apiece. I think that's a very apt way of describing this. 50-50. What these two men have done are phenomenal.
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:35 pm

This exactly. Totti is racist and particularly a big baby when things dont go is way. By Lippi's logic he shouldve never received a call up. Despite being a sub for whatever reason Del Piero has still done more than Totti for us, he changes games when he comes on even in 2008euro. Dont get me wrong though Totti's good at chips pks and passing. Totti's overrated for me if Cassano wasnt targeted by the media by bad coaches like Capello and Lippi it would be him vs Del Piero, the man brought Sampdoria to 4th ffs.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:33 pm

sciacca wrote:Del Piero, in my opinion, is better on and off the pitch. Both men are great, but Del Piero can simply not be compared to. I know I may be biased, but I seriously can say I have not met a person, regardless of their preference to team, who dislikes him for his skill and his respect.

STATS:

Can we stop with this Totti Hatred? He's not a degenerate, and he's not racist. Were talking about a player who surpassed Baggio's record. Debatable about Cassano, but no matter what happened, Totti is the better player. Totti is an Italian legend, someone who has contributed so much for the national team. How can some of you Azzurri fans even hate Totti? I might as well hate Balotelli as well... but nobody seems to hate him.

However, as I said in my first post, Del Piero gets my vote, but it's even...

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:37 pm

zarola wrote:

This exactly. Totti is racist and particularly a big baby when things dont go is way. By Lippi's logic he shouldve never received a call up. Despite being a sub for whatever reason Del Piero has still done more than Totti for us, he changes games when he comes on even in 2008euro. Dont get me wrong though Totti's good at chips pks and passing. Totti's overrated for me if Cassano wasnt targeted by the media by bad coaches like Capello and Lippi it would be him vs Del Piero, the man brought Sampdoria to 4th ffs.

WOW, simply speechless. And overrated? FFS, Totti is actually not overrated one f**kin bit. Del Piero has done more? How do you come to that conclusion? In the big occassions when it mattered most, when was there a difference in their contributions? As a matter of fact, Totti in 2000 had an absolutely fantastic Euro, while Del Piero choked on the occassion to give us the win against France (though he did score against Germany in a similar chance). You just can't seperate these two and if you even try to, it's because your love or hate for one of them is greatly affecting your decision.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next